Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have 2 guys on the bench, you only have 2 rotations. So they might not usually have been rotated, but they certainly affected the rotations of everyone else. To imply that because they aren't usually rotated they don't affect rotations doesn't make sense. It IS the reason we couldn't run out the game.

- Ben
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:01 pm

David King post game said - Pendlebury and Sidebottom failed the test today and richmonds pressure was too good for them.
There's lots we could have done better or differently blow ever this comment left me stunned.
Is there a bigger flog now in footy.

I challenged him on Twitter and he first tried suggest it was out of context, he then tried to say he was talking about first half.

Moron.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:04 pm

Played well for three quarters, before fading away in the final quarter due to injuries.

The progress we've made this year has been fantastic. Sometimes it's easy to forget how far we've come when you're immersed in the season, but this club is seriously going places. I truly believe that after years of doubt that we were heading in the right direction.

Richmond and West Coast are the benchmark at the moment. No shame losing to them, but I think we've played well enough over the course of the year to be worthy top 4 contenders. With injuries hampering us, I think there's still much upside for us.

Grundy was outstanding in the ruck. Some 'experts' wrote off Pendles during the off season, but he's playing as well as ever and proving them wrong. Thomas is becoming a goal kicking machine. WHE once again impacted the scoreboard and good to see Coxy get some reward on the scoreboard as well. Stephenson was kept quiet, but he's had a great season as a first year player so you can excuse it.

Injuries are killing us. I just don't know how much more we can take before it breaks us. We've withstood it brilliantly this year and ploughed through it when so many teams would have fallen away significantly. Very worried about Scharenberg's prognosis.

In saying that, we need to regroup and now focus on a Swans team who are enduring a major slump at the moment.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:08 pm

MJ23 wrote:
David King post game said - Pendlebury and Sidebottom failed the test today and richmonds pressure was too good for them.
There's lots we could have done better or differently blow ever this comment left me stunned.

I challenged him on Twitter and he first tried suggest it was out of context, he then tried to say he was talking about first half.

Moron.

King is a flog. He was on AFL 360 on Wednesday night, and didn't give us any chance of beating Richmond. Just dismissed the body of work we've produced thus far.

For crying out loud, he thought Carlton were closer to a flag than we were at the start of the year Laughing

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:11 pm

Jezza wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

Moron.

King is a flog. He was on AFL 360 on Wednesday night, and didn't give us any chance of beating Richmond. Just dismissed the body of work we've produced thus far.

For crying out loud, he thought Carlton were closer to a flag than we were at the start of the year Laughing

I stopped Watching/Reading/Listening to what that Moron Says

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:14 pm

Man I want another shot at these bastards with a fielded side closer to our best and no in game injuries.

We can beat them.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:14 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Man I want another shot at these bastards with a fielded side closer to our best and no in game injuries.

We can beat them.

Agree 100%. Richmond should be very afraid... Twisted Evil

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:52 pm

Richmond aint much.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:06 am

Most commentators, such as King, simply look at the final result and frame their comment around that. clearly, King observed that the Pies had lost by 4 goals, so thought that a comment such as " the Collingwood midfield succumbed to Richmond pressure" would be consistent with the final result. It has become apparent to me that most of these commentators have little or no overall perspective, or if they do are not brave enough to say it because they want their immediate comment to look like it confirms the immediate reality.
That is why I actually applauded Mathew Lloyd's recent article in the HS. He hates Collingwood, yet in this article he rose to the level of overall perspective, and commented that the Pies have the capacity to match Richmond.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:21 am

Embrace the horror guys, we're screwed.

History's a good judge, Moore-Elliott-Reid-Varcoe will be in rehab again before to long, hope history's wrong BTW but i'm doubting it, just isn't our year.

We really need to make some hard/brave/cold calls come seasons end.

You like this.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:32 am

Brown26 wrote:
If you have 2 guys on the bench, you only have 2 rotations. So they might not usually have been rotated, but they certainly affected the rotations of everyone else. To imply that because they aren't usually rotated they don't affect rotations doesn't make sense. It IS the reason we couldn't run out the game.

- Ben

Yeah look. No doubt it has an impact in that manner. I'd reckon the bigger impact as far as rotations goes is that a mid (for example) would have had to stay on longer as he needed to spend extra time on field pinch hitting down back. Fair enough.

Still think the bigger issue was that we lost 2 of our most important intercept defenders. If those 'outs' had have been spread across different parts of the field, it wouldn't have been as much of a problem.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:43 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
Embrace the horror guys, we're screwed.

History's a good judge, Moore-Elliott-Reid-Varcoe will be in rehab again before to long, hope history's wrong BTW but i'm doubting it, just isn't our year.

We really need to make some hard/brave/cold calls come seasons end.

Reid has a one year extension. I agree with the philosophy of waiting and working through a tall man's soft tissue issues, so it is worth sticking with Moore. Varcoe looks like he's reached the cliff edge though. Struggles to get through a month of footy and doesn't have a shadow of the impact he used to. Pity. I liked what he brought to the table

Elliott... Tough call... At this stage, you'd have to persist. He'll never be the gun he promised to be prior to his back but he can and most probably will be a fair bit better than average.

And yes, I think he can get his body right in due course.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:46 am

Geek wrote:
Brown26 wrote:

- Ben

Yeah look. No doubt it has an impact in that manner. I'd reckon the bigger impact as far as rotations goes is that a mid (for example) would have had to stay on longer as he needed to spend extra time on field pinch hitting down back. Fair enough.

Still think the bigger issue was that we lost 2 of our most important intercept defenders. If those 'outs' had have been spread across different parts of the field, it wouldn't have been as much of a problem.

Doesn't matter who you lose, they have to be replaced, you always have to rob Peter to pay Paul, rotations wouldn't change much between losing 2 mids and 2 backs, you're still down 2.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:54 am

Losing 2 backs affects your back line (obviously) and your forward line, because they aren't getting a rest for the rest of the game, all the rotations will be limited to your onballers, except your rucks, they'll be asked to rest forward.

We did well today, proud of the boys, given an ounce of luck we'll best them next time.

You like this.
Ioannina 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:10 am

looks like richmond has discorved good drugs...and blood transplants...4 qrts of footy and the richmond players didnt even sweat...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: