Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rad 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the game and thought the turning point was a mark to us in the last quarter that wasn’t paid 40 our directly in front. If we scored that we were back to 4 points behind. Ump paid a ball up instead and they took it the length of the field to make it 16, we didn’t get back after that.

My father in law watched the game on tv and said the ball hit the ground. I thought it was a clear mark.

Can someone verify either way please ?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:19 am

RudeBoy wrote:
FWIW, I thought Langdon was terrific. He stood up and became our General down back, organising the defence. He showed great leadership.

Hence, "The Future Captain".

Those two towering marks he took in the third quarter were team-lifters. It was a shame the scumpires decided to award him a "free" for the first of them.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:24 am

rad wrote:
I was at the game and thought the turning point was a mark to us in the last quarter that wasn’t paid 40 our directly in front. If we scored that we were back to 4 points behind. Ump paid a ball up instead and they took it the length of the field to make it 16, we didn’t get back after that.

My father in law watched the game on tv and said the ball hit the ground. I thought it was a clear mark.

Can someone verify either way please ?

Watch the replay, the ball clearly hits the ground. Not that it really matters, we were cooked and would've been overrun anyway

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:37 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
FWIW, I thought Langdon was terrific. He stood up and became our General down back, organising the defence. He showed great leadership.

Hence, "The Future Captain".

Those two towering marks he took in the third quarter were team-lifters. It was a shame the scumpires decided to award him a "free" for the first of them.

Yes, I think you were vindicated yesterday. He shows real leadership qualities. I have never understood his detractors, but I didn’t think he looked like a leader til that game.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:21 am

I walked away from that game feeling that we definitely can defeat them in the finals, but ONLY IF our injury status improves (degoey, treloar, Elliot back and no more significant outs). Felt Cox was absolutely crucified by the umps - there were times where he was held around the body and by the arm when the ball was 20-30m away and he was trying to lead (not sure if the tv coverage would've picked all those up)
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:24 am

tbaker wrote:
I walked away from that game feeling that we definitely can defeat them in the finals, but ONLY IF our injury status improves (degoey, treloar, Elliot back and no more significant outs). Felt Cox was absolutely crucified by the umps - there were times where he was held around the body and by the arm when the ball was 20-30m away and he was trying to lead (not sure if the tv coverage would've picked all those up)

You can only hope Eddie will go screaming to Gillon this week about that dog Margetts and the other two cheating shitbags.

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:31 am

no win and continued ghastly injuries
does not matter
this side, especially with jdg jamie and hopefully
adam back in, showed they have what it takes to win
in September 2018
shattered for shaz but maybe redemption for goldy
in the face of this
get at least one win against swans and bears
then the chance to lock down a top four spot against
power
hopefully the trip to perth wont require a win but we'll
get one anyway
a bit of Tommy Hafey grit about this mob
go woods

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:44 am

Proud of the effort yesterday. We took it to them and matched them in just about every facet of the game but I felt at times we over did the handball which often resulted in costly turnovers. Seems they had that part of our game worked out and were always there to stop it or force a hurried disposal of the ball. Losing 2 players in those circumstances was horrendous. I seriously hope shaz has not done an acl. He's had such rotten luck. Howe going down reall hurt us too. It's sort of shit luck that can only happen to us. I'm sick to death of it. Tiggas had a dream run with the scumps as well and benefited from a lot of rubbish decisions and were allowed the good part of a week to dispose of the ball. A fully fit side with no injures and our star players back and we can beat them. Their luck can't last forever. Go Pies.
stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:52 am

Geek wrote:

Elliott... Tough call... At this stage, you'd have to persist. He'll never be the gun he promised to be prior to his back but he can and most probably will be a fair bit better than average.

Don’t forget, last year without injuries and just comings back from injuries, Elliot kicked 20 goals in a 7 week period. That’s almost 3 goals per game. We don’t have anyone with this ability to impact games. But the biggest thing about that is that he did this with horrendous delivery into the forward 50. Imagine if he had the delivery the boys are getting this year, with the current structures in place. He’d thrive! I’d love to see him equal or better that over a 7 week block... Would also mean Stephenson gets a lesser opponent... that means more goals for him.

Here’s hoping to see Elliot kick 4+ today, Faz 3+ and Aish with 25+ disposals.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:04 pm

stoid wrote:
Here’s hoping to see Elliot kick 4+ today, Faz 3+ and Aish with 25+ disposals.

Better still - no injuries to those players. Elliot just needs to do ok and get through and he should be straight back in the senior side next week.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:07 pm

GreekLunatic wrote:
God help Richmond if Nankervis goes down in a final and have grigg as ruck. Our full squad and we beat them yesterday. I hope someone knocks out rance soon the diving primadonna

I don't wish any injuries upon Richmond...

..until the second last and last round, first final...

see how they cope with adversity then.

They do remind me of 2011 Collingwood [22-2 H&A] alot. And as someone in the media said, 2008 Geelong [21-1 H&A]. Hawks 1987 were monsters but somehow the Blues beat them too.

Back to Backs.
Hawks 2013-14-15 Lions 2001-2-3 Crows 1996-7s Blues 1981-2 Bombers 1984-5 Hawks 1988-9 Tigers 1973-4 Dees 1959-60 Dees 1955-6-7 Cats 51-2 Bombers 1949-50 Dees 1939-40-1 Pies 1935-6 Pies 1927-8-9-30 Tigers 1920-1 Blues 1914-15 Bombers 1911-12 Blues 1907-8 Lions 1904-5 Pies 1902-3 Lions 1898-9

Back to Back Fails
Pies 2011 Cats 2008 Swans 2006 Lions 2004 Bombers 2001 Hawks 1987 Roos 1978 Roos 1976 Blues 1969 Dees 1958 Cats 1953 Bombers 1947 Tigers 1944 Bombers 1943 Pies 1937 Swans 1934 Tigers 1933 Pies 1920 Pies 1918 Lions 1917 Pies 1911 Blues 1909 Lions 1906 Bombers 1902 Lions 1900 Bombers 1898

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:08 pm
Post subject: Our weaknesses exposedReply with quote

When you play the best, your worst weaknesses get exposed and thus couldn’t have been a truer adage than yesterday:

1. Langdon: the weekly “vague” error (slip)

2. Murray: no right ride and a truly haphazard exponent on his left

3. Adams: missed his usual quota of critical targets by foot

4. C Brown: not once, twice but three times disposes the ball with “look away” handballs and kicks straight to the opposition without looking

5. Varcoe: inability to get 15+ possessions and hit the scoreboard

6. Greenwood: ineffective disposal and got mostered by Dusty in goal square

7. Phillips: no right side by hand or foot leading to getting caught holding the ball twice

8. Crisp: no right side by foot leading to turnover central

9. Maynard: fumble, fumble fumble town

What did it add up to? 28 point loss

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:08 pm

Like who, specifically does? How often?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:44 pm

inxs88 wrote:
When you play the best, your worst weaknesses get exposed and thus couldn’t have been a truer adage than yesterday:

1. Langdon: the weekly “vague” error (slip) *He and Moore were the backline for the last after Shaz went down, and the three had to cope with the huge loss of Moore for three quarters against the bench mark of the competition, losing by 22 - I refuse to count the throw goal, which also occurred at a crucial point in the game- was a good result for what was left of our defensive players.

2. Murray: no right ride and a truly haphazard exponent on his left - *gave away a goal, didn’t do too much either way, out for a better player

3. Adams: missed his usual quota of critical targets by foot -
*so what? He was mr leadership yesterday, and he just gets better, one of our only enforcer players, so important, I’ll forgive a couple of changers in such a high pressure game

4. C Brown: not once, twice but three times disposes the ball with “look away” handballs and kicks straight to the opposition without looking -

*yes he did, it’s called inexperience and probably a little star struck as well. He’s a kid, huge potential, if better is available yes he goes out but he is not a weekness

5. Varcoe: inability to get 15+ possessions and hit the scoreboard,

*he’s old, still a reliable stopgap who obviously goes out when younger class comes back. Had a couple of nice dashing moments

6. Greenwood: ineffective disposal and got mostered by Dusty in goal square, *he got dusty rattled more than once, take away the WTF free kicks he gets and dusty wasn’t special, and again, main man down from first quarter, then shazz gone and no dunne. Harsh

7. Phillips: no right side by hand or foot leading to getting caught holding the ball twice. *Yes he needs more time and some bulk

8. Crisp: no right side by foot leading to turnover central. *Bit quiet.

9. Maynard: fumble, fumble fumble town -
*1 shocker, the rest I thought he showed his usual courage and effort, harsh. His skills need work under pressure

22 legit points with 21 vs 24, against the competition bench mark.
My point, shitty posts like this don’t deserve air after a true gutsy honerable loss. Cheers

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:58 pm
Post subject: Re: Our weaknesses exposedReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:

1. Langdon: the weekly “vague” error (slip)

2. Murray: no right ride and a truly haphazard exponent on his left

3. Adams: missed his usual quota of critical targets by foot

4. C Brown: not once, twice but three times disposes the ball with “look away” handballs and kicks straight to the opposition without looking

5. Varcoe: inability to get 15+ possessions and hit the scoreboard

6. Greenwood: ineffective disposal and got mostered by Dusty in goal square

7. Phillips: no right side by hand or foot leading to getting caught holding the ball twice

8. Crisp: no right side by foot leading to turnover central

9. Maynard: fumble, fumble fumble town

You could also add Grigg, McIntosh and Ellis onto that list who played yesterday as players with similar weaknesses. They are all premiership players and they have all played a lot more footy than the likes of some the players you mentioned.
Every premiership team has its weak links, it’s just that winning helps to mask those flaws.
You always learn more from a loss than a win but I’m not sure this is the right time to be “ outing “ a few players after a four goal loss to the benchmark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: