Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mighty Magpie's Offseason Trade and List Management Blog

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Boogie Knights wrote:
This pick trade signals more than expected delistings... Can only use points from picks equivalent to the number of spaces on the list...

yes.
Not sure about pick 57 though as it has no points attached

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:05 pm

MJ23 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
If someone makes a really high bid lets say pick 5 for example for Quaynor do we then have to fork out the points value of pick 5?

If we allow the nominating team to take Quaynor does this then have any impact on our draft selection (which I suspect it doesn't) or is our first pick then that which we are already allocated (forgetting about Kelly for the moment)?

Points value of 5 less 20% discount so 1878pts down to 1502pts

Cheers

melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:15 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
This pick trade signals more than expected delistings... Can only use points from picks equivalent to the number of spaces on the list...

I think the Strategy will be to delist more than normal to keep more picks live for points, and then redraft the guys initially delisted. Such as Broomy, Lynch, Blair, maybe Greenwood etc. with real late picks in the 80+.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Yes, I think that's becoming a general AFL strategy now. (That includes rookie-listing, though that depends on how many rookie spots you have.)
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:20 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Boogie Knights wrote:

yes.

That points rule was changed earlier in the year. There are now points attached.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:59 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Boogie Knights wrote:

yes.

not true.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:02 pm

we will go into the draft with 35 players on our list so that we have 5 live picks. We will ultimately only take 3 players (one of them might be a rookie upgrade) and end up with a senior list of 38 and extra rookies. It helps with our salary cap and as others have said it will give us 5 live picks.

I am certain that McLarty and Broomhead will be delisted and then rookied.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:40 pm

E wrote:
we will go into the draft with 35 players on our list so that we have 5 live picks. We will ultimately only take 3 players (one of them might be a rookie upgrade) and end up with a senior list of 38 and extra rookies. It helps with our salary cap and as others have said it will give us 5 live picks.

Going out on a limb with the Broomhead call Eric, given Ned Guy said as much last week! #SandraSully

Last edited by inxs88 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:19 pm

E wrote:

Fas is gone and kirby seems gone. That's 2.

Broomhead will be delisted and rookied, that's 3.

McClarty and who else? Blair must be on thin ice, Oxley is already a rookie, so looks loke Blair?

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:04 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
I'd like to see a collingwood policy where we rookie in the best player our vfl team has to offer each year. It might be quite a group / team building practice that would push the vfl squad along and develop individuals with reward for effort (make better players)

then again there's a reason I'm not a recruiter

Top idea, love it.
just to refine: Do we take the B&F from their Prezzo night? The player who showed the most promise? The guy who polled highest in the JJ Liston? This year's big contenders were the brilliant Marty Hore, and the remarkable Al Woodward, who returned a few weeks after the halfway mark of the year from his FOURTH knee reco, to finish just 3 POINTS behind the winner of the JJ Liston. A bloody remarkable achievement. I've never heard of the like, though maybe it happens in the VFL.

the guy we REALLY want, though he did his best work late in the season, is Tom Jok. I'd be surprised if he wasn't taken by someone in the draft, he showed some sick skill & speed in the later games.

Do we get any kind of "First dibs" over Collingwood VFL guys?

And PLEASE won't someone tell me how many guys we have, how many allowed in AfL lists, & stuff like that there? We have a LOT of talent to look forward to in 2019, & I can't wait to see how Beamer goes, & how Quaynor fares. Another RS there methinks!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:41 pm

[/quote]

Not likely, remember, Kirby was tearing it up at Richmond VFL the year before we drafted him.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:40 am

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:

Not likely, remember, Kirby was tearing it up at Richmond VFL the year before we drafted him.[/quote]

So there's no rule re VFL affiliates? Not even a 20m head start in the car park?
Bit rugged!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:54 am

watt price tully wrote:
If someone makes a really high bid lets say pick 5 for example for Quaynor do we then have to fork out the points value of pick 5?

If we allow the nominating team to take Quaynor does this then have any impact on our draft selection (which I suspect it doesn't) or is our first pick then that which we are already allocated (forgetting about Kelly for the moment)?

Have you seen the quality of the top ten or so draft nominees? Theres no way Quaynor will go 5. High teens is my guess.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:03 am

High teens or twenties, hopefully no other clubs are drooling.

Can we read anything into the recent points swap with Geelong?

Is it just a few extra points in the bank or do the brains trust know something?

Can someone explain what we need Quaynor to be selected at, considering the points we have? (Don't understand how it works)
Bay Pie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:47 am

With bids expected on Nick Blakey and Taryn Thomas expected before either of our guys, I've estimated what our draft picks will look like.

I expect the Swans to use picks 26 & 33 for Nick Blakey, assuming a bid no later than pick 12. An earlier bid isn't likely to impact our picks unless it was really early. Therefore, all picks after 33 move up one in the draft.

I expect NM to use picks 42, 47 & 48 for Taryn Thomas, assuming a bid around 18. Note: these picks at the time of bidding will be 41, 46 & 47 due to the Swans selection above. NM would receive pick 51 back with the leftover picks of this deal.

The net result on our picks means we'd have 41, 43, 55, 57 & 58 to acquire IQ and WK. 1349 points.

We can handle bids of 18 & 25 and not go into deficit provided both Blakey and Thomas get bids before IQ and WK and those bids are no later than picks 12 and 18 respectively.

Additional benefit of trading pick 51 for picks 59 & 60, is that with the pick movement, as above, instead of just pick 51 moving to 49 (28 points better off) both picks 59 & 60, move to 57 & 58 (48 points better off: both 24 points better). Clever move Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 116 of 128   

Jump to: