Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mighty Magpie's Offseason Trade and List Management Blog

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Brown26 wrote:
Thanks Swoop - that was nice of him to even reply!

Cheers

- Ben

Being polite and eloquent can get you places. Wink

Yeah, but how did you do it? Razz

Bay Pie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:19 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Mock draft using http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-14/cal-twomeys-phantom-form-guide-october and post-trade period indicative draft order.

Cal has our NGS/FS prospects rated a bit more highly than others Ive seen so this probably provides a worst-case scenario for us regarding use of points.

I think I have the moving of live picks during the bidding process correct, but feel free to double-check.

1. CAR Sam Walsh
2. GCS Jack Lukosius
3. GCS Izak Rankine
4. STK Max King
5. PTA Bailey Smith
6. GCS Ben King
7. WBD Connor Rozee
8. ADE Bid for Nick Blakey matched by SYD. 1551 less 20% = 1241. Pick 26 (729) and 33 (563) cover that with 51 points remaining so 26 moved to end of draft order and 33 moves to 69.
9. [8] ADE Jye Caldwell
10. [9] GWS Jordan Clark
11. [10] PTA Jackson Hately
12. GWS Bid for Tarryn Thomas matched by NM. 1268 less 20% = 1015. Picks 42 [now 41] (412), 47 [now 46] (331) and 48 [now 47] (316) cover that with 44 points remaining so 42 and 47 moved to end of draft order and 48 moves to pick 67.
13. [11] GWS Zak Butters
14. GEE Bid for Isaac Quaynor matched by COL. 1161 less 20% = 929. Picks 41 [still 41] (412), 44 [now 43] (378), 51 [now 48] (302), cover that with 163 points remaining. Picks 41 and 44 moved to end of draft order and 51 moved to 59.
15. [12] GEE Riley Collier-Dawkins
16. [13] ADE Curtis Taylor
17. [14] FRE Ian Hill
18. [15] PTA Liam Stocker
19. ADE Bid for Rhylee West matched by WBD. 948 - 197 = 751. Picks 27 [now 30] (629) and 32 [now 35] (522) cover that with 400 points remaining so pick 27 moved to end of draft and pick 32 moves to 42.
20. [16] ADE Chayce Jones
21. [17] RIC Jez McLennan
22. [18] BRI Luke Valente
23. [19] GWS Sam Stuart
24. WCE Bid for Will Kelly matched by COL. 785 -197 = 588 points less pick 57 [now 52] (246) and 59 (163 points) leaving 179 points deficit.
25. [20] WCE Connor McFadyen
26. [21] ADE Edward McHenry
27. [22] WCE Xavier Duursma
28. MEL Bid for Bailey Scott matched by NM. 677 197 = 480. Remaining picks 50 [now 47?] (316), 55 [now 52?](246) and 58 [now 55?] (207) easily cover that.
29. [23] MEL Ely Smith
30. [24] GCS Xavier OHalloran
31. [25] GWS
[26] SYD Used on Nick Blakey.
32. [27] WBD
33. [28] MEL
34. [29] GCS
35. [30] BRI
36. [31] FRE
37. [32] WBD
[33] SYD Used on Nick Blakey. Balance of 51 points so moves to 69.

Great job MM. I've just edited some as I believe the NM picks when selecting Taryn Thomas will be all one higher due to Swans using 2 picks inside NM pick 42.
The WB picks for West are also adjusted but has not impact on our remaining picks for WK.
That also has an impact on our picks for the IQ & WK selections but the net result isn't a lot different from your calculations, albeit to our advantage.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:52 pm

stui magpie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Being polite and eloquent can get you places. Wink

Yeah, but how did you do it? Razz

General trick: get your secretary to write it for you. Or your wife. But not your ex-wife.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Bay Pie - but did you add back the extra slot created each time a FS/NGA bid is matched?

Ill go through it again when I get a chance, but you need to deduct picks ahead moved back behind and add FS/NGA bids that are matched ahead.

On the March 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:57 pm

It appears, almost certain we will select Quaynor and Kelly in the draft with a strong likelihood there will be an impact on our second pick next year.How much we can only guess.

However I'm interested in what that means for the current draft. Once we have made those initial selections any further pick would be at the end of the draft after everyone else has had a crack. I suspect we may want to have at least one more pick. Does this build the case for Atu?

I suppose it depends where we rate him and whats left come the end.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:07 pm

On the March wrote:
It appears, almost certain we will select Quaynor and Kelly in the draft with a strong likelihood there will be an impact on our second pick next year.How much we can only guess.

However I'm interested in what that means for the current draft. Once we have made those initial selections any further pick would be at the end of the draft after everyone else has had a crack. I suspect we may want to have at least one more pick. Does this build the case for Atu?

What happened to the Aboriginal boy from our catchment area in NT who was playing for a team in Darwin?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:16 pm

On the March wrote:

When you finish equal third in the Morrish medal, along with Sam Walsh ( in fairness he missed a bit of TAC with private school commitments ) then you are there for all to see.
I cant imagine him not making onto someones list by the time the rookie draft is called out.
Everything I had read says that he has come in from a rookie selection to a likely late fourth / early fifth rounder.
Again, you would think if the Pies are keen, they would have a plan in place.
It would be great if the three of them were all drafted together as they are all Charger team mates.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:31 pm

http://www.ntthunder.com.au/player/liam-holt-fitz/

Found it!

And a more recent link

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/tag/liam-holt-fitz/

Last edited by watt price tully on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Any bid on FS/NGA after pick 56 (off the top of my head) means we can match it with our last draft pick, ie zero points required. This may kick in for Bosevulagi if we are lucky.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:24 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Found it!

And a more recent link

Is he part of the Academy?

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:20 pm

I like it - he was reserved and that was what was needed. We are coming up and next year we have a real crack with the list we have . Getting Beams I'm not sure of because if we were looking for a hole to fill or bolster his position isn't really it, but due to the logistics of the deal I think it was well done.
I'm a bit itchy about who is to be delisted and the remaining unsigned contracts - we seem to be running late. I hope that's not a sign he is finding his feet

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Found it!

And a more recent link

Is he part of the Academy?

IIRC each club has an indigenous zone allocated to them as well. He's in ours.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:21 pm

I was disappointed we didn't land Lynch or May, the latter apparently being one we had been courting for a couple of years. I think the club may have been wrong footed by Moore, thinking he'd leave for Sydney. Once Darcy, and to a lesser extent Langdon, decided to stay with us, we clearly had no salary space or indeed draft picks to get Lynch or May. Once that was clear, getting Beams was our next best option, and to that end we were successful. Overall, I'd give our club 6.5 or 7/10 for their trading efforts.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:39 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I was disappointed we didn't land Lynch or May, the latter apparently being one we had been courting for a couple of years. I think the club may have been wrong footed by Moore, thinking he'd leave for Sydney. Once Darcy, and to a lesser extent Langdon, decided to stay with us, we clearly had no salary space or indeed draft picks to get Lynch or May. Once that was clear, getting Beams was our next best option, and to that end we were successful. Overall, I'd give our club 6.5 or 7/10 for their trading efforts.

I dont think we were wrong footed by Moore. However I think we were wrong footed by Melbourne who had higher draft picks to steel May from us. I think Taylor is trying to make a name for himself at Melbourne and is undermining us. We needed to accommodate Beams who made his own decision to return to Melbourne and Ned managed to pull it off. He also recruited Roughead at virtually no cost to us. So overall I think he did a grand job to improve our list. I wish he had landed May but our hands were tied getting Beams back to the club. Overall Id do a bit better than you Rudey and give our club 8/10 for their trading efforts.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:42 pm

P. Ryan:

"Took the punt Beams could improve them enough to win a flag by paying plenty, while Jordan Roughead is an astute acquisition, covering deficiencies at a low price. Having retained their list they are now on the borderline when it comes to points needed for Isaac Quaynor and Will Kelly after securing picks in the 40s as well as Beams.
At a glance: Bold"

M. McGowan (afl.com.au):

"Verdict: One of the hardest clubs to rate from the Trade Period. Every club would love to add Beams into their midfield, but did the Pies really need him and especially at that price? Roughead was originally linked to West Coast, but Collingwood's interest in him spiked towards the end of last week and he can play a role in defence and the ruck, if required. The ex-Bulldog's not in May's class, but the Magpies needed more height in the backline, so mission accomplished. Some of their best work came in re-signing Darcy Moore and Tom Langdon, who both at least considered a move to the Harbour City. Fasolo had fallen well out of favour.

Rating: 7/10"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 112 of 128   

Jump to: