Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

1-8 against top 8. WC down a rotation. Enough excuses!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

tbaker wrote:
Invigoration wrote:
They had no Sheppard but we had Cox and Aish. Net gain for them in the end

Aish was ok

thought he was better than ok. Was one of the young guys who handled the pressure brilliantly. His hands were sure and he only made one mistake (the hurried kick out of defense that resulted in an inside 50 mark to the Eagles.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:38 am

E wrote:
think positive wrote:
Beat a sick puppy when it’s down, why do you guys bite?

You guys are misunderstanding the purpose of this thread. I am not beating them down. I love this team. I made the call about 4 weeks ago that given our poor run with injuries and the position of our list and development, we are a really really good team, who at this time, appear just a tiny bit behind the really good teams of the comp. I actually think the boys are playing above and beyond themselves to be up the their necks in the finals, which is a massive credit to Bucks and the boys.

If you find that offensive i am sorry.

But why post for an I told you so when we are all a bit flat?

This post is far different from the rest of your comments in the thread, and far more in line with my thinking anyway., cheers

E 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:48 am

E wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
You all whinge about injuries yet WC beat us twice being down a player early

yep. I think we are too quick to over-emphasize the injuries. Of course it isnt ideal, but i just dont accept that we WOULD have won all these games barr injuries. We would have had a better chance, but that doesnt mean we win for sure like many people assume.

Injuries, umpires, percentage, all just pathetic excuses. no one cares. It is cold comfort.

We are a really really great side (with an enormous heart and players that give their all). This is something to be very proud of.

In my opinion, we are a few players short of being premiers this year. Lynch and May would help for sure.

Think Positive, just to show you that my posts haven't really changed, here is my last post in this thread on the issue.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:16 am

Fair enough, sometimes it just comes across as a negative, cheers
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:53 pm

I do remember the Hawks, Cats and Swans all beating teams in the eight this year but it didn’t mean much when they were all comprehensively smashed on the weekend.
We travelled, we were competitive and we had more unavailable than those three clubs and yet I would say they have more holes in their list than we do.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:35 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
I do remember the Hawks, Cats and Swans all beating teams in the eight this year but it didn’t mean much when they were all comprehensively smashed on the weekend.
We travelled, we were competitive and we had more unavailable than those three clubs and yet I would say they have more holes in their list than we do.

I agree with this. I think all of the three above mentioned clubs are going in the wrong direction and have a drop down the ladder to endure soon.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Cam wrote:
Jeez E, you'd criticise your new bride for being a bad root.

I didn't think there was such a thing as a bad root. Some are just better than others. Embarassed
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:19 pm

^ yeah I have a root nearly every night! Nearly had one Monday, nearly had one Tuesday, nearly..
hermie Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:31 pm

what does my head in with ridiculous stat is we played and the crows and port when they WERE in the 8
E 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:50 pm

hermie wrote:
what does my head in with ridiculous stat is we played and the crows and port when they WERE in the 8

exactly. at the time, we thought they were good wins, but it turns out they weren't.

Being in the 8 at some random point in the season is as important as having a good percentage. not relevant come September so its doesn't matter.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:05 pm

think positive wrote:
E wrote:
think positive wrote:

You guys are misunderstanding the purpose of this thread. I am not beating them down. I love this team. I made the call about 4 weeks ago that given our poor run with injuries and the position of our list and development, we are a really really good team, who at this time, appear just a tiny bit behind the really good teams of the comp. I actually think the boys are playing above and beyond themselves to be up the their necks in the finals, which is a massive credit to Bucks and the boys.o

This post is far different from the rest of your comments in the thread, and far more in line with my thinking anyway., cheers

Really E .... bump your own thread quoting yourself for a very dubious "I told you so"? It's hardly an impressive or singular call. I think that's what rubs some the wrong way. Especially after such a close call in the west.

I think we (most of us) get where we are at and the limitations of the list surely.....

What should we do? Not even bother being positive and having a crack. Should we just forfeit the gws game?

The boys can only do their best .... I would think the premise of the thread is obvious to the greater football world and has been for some months now.....without the bump.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:39 pm

September Zeros wrote:
think positive wrote:
E wrote:
think positive wrote:

You guys are misunderstanding the purpose of this thread. I am not beating them down. I love this team. I made the call about 4 weeks ago that given our poor run with injuries and the position of our list and development, we are a really really good team, who at this time, appear just a tiny bit behind the really good teams of the comp. I actually think the boys are playing above and beyond themselves to be up the their necks in the finals, which is a massive credit to Bucks and the boys.o

Really E .... bump your own thread quoting yourself for a very dubious "I told you so"? It's hardly an impressive or singular call. I think that's what rubs some the wrong way. Especially after such a close call in the west.

I think we (most of us) get where we are at and the limitations of the list surely.....

What should we do? Not even bother being positive and having a crack. Should we just forfeit the gws game?

The boys can only do their best .... I would think the premise of the thread is obvious to the greater football world and has been for some months now.....without the bump.

If we beat GWS then maybe the I told you so's can end. The Eagles were clear favourites. Not going out on a limb really.
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:06 am

I think we've worn this out and in any event its no longer relevant even if it ever was valid in principle, which I doubt, given the inherent misconception about the interpretation of "statistics" at the core of the proposition. The team finished 3rd, the home and away draw was reasonably favourable. That is well and truly behind us now.

The way the finals set up works and the cards fell was unfavourable as it turned out. West Coast deserved to finish second and were without Gaff. On the day we weren't good enough. Close but no Cigar. If the two teams had met at full strength either could have won , with both playing playing to their strengths they are well matched, in that event the home ground advantage would have been a factor.

Given the run we have had with injury a Premiership would be a jaw dropping achievement. It is as simple as that and there isn't a football expert in the history of the game who would disagree. That is not excuses it is a simple fact.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:34 am

Quick to bump after a loss, E, where are you? Razz
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:33 am

We made the Prelim. No more excuses, we are a top team and some chance, albeit small, of going all the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: