Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tolerating dissent

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly if people can't see a clear distinction between groups on the far left like Antifa to those on the far right I'll give you a hint.

The ones on the right are better known as Nazi's, Klu Klux Klan and White Supremacists.

If forced to choose I know which side I'm on.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:21 am

How do you assume this statement holds true for me? Aren't you usually honest?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:46 am

^^ If history is any guide, Antifa, Nazis, the KKK, crypto-stalinists and white supremacists would all happily jail and kill their opponents. These people are actually on the same side, against the open society and law.

We get nowhere choosing sides among the hate-mongers and absolutists.

Only those who accept, respect and actively seek to defend the open society and freedom of speech within long-established constitutional principles are worthy of support.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:18 am

Pi wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Extremists and nutjobs on all sides are abusive. It’s what they do. My point is only that the average essentially decent person on the left is apt to be censorious if not incredulous at dissent, whereas those on the soft right seem less so. It might be my position on that spectrum, but I do not think so.

here's an example:
in the American context this guy would be on the left

senator Chris Murphy

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/8/chris-murphy-democratic-senator-classic-case-whats/

By Republicans, sure. I’m not sure anyone else thinks that these Democrats are left-wing.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:56 pm

^ sure but American context is important here and Senator Murphy just put a kick me sign on himself.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:40 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Honestly if people can't see a clear distinction between groups on the far left like Antifa to those on the far right I'll give you a hint.

The ones on the right are better known as Nazi's, Klu Klux Klan and White Supremacists.

If forced to choose I know which side I'm on.

This bit always gets me... can anybody, seriously, consider anybody in todays world to the Nazis???? Come on, you are deluded!

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:44 pm

The KKK is pretty much non existent too, the Democrats went from lynching the blacks to destroying their neighbourhoods and families with drugs and welfare policies.

Not sure there's too many Nazis left either, not sure why 100 year old Germans are so hated and feared.

As for white supremacists, if you look really hard you might be able to rustle up 100 in Australia, a few thousand in the USA. If you don't even know what terms mean then maybe you shouldn't be throwing them around.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:52 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^^ If history is any guide, Antifa, Nazis, the KKK, crypto-stalinists and white supremacists would all happily jail and kill their opponents. These people are actually on the same side, against the open society and law.

Only those who accept, respect and actively seek to defend the open society and freedom of speech within long-established constitutional principles are worthy of support.

The (real) Nazis gained a lot of support because of the Communist ancestors of Antifa and their street violence in Berlin. If we allow these degenerate scumbags to take root then eventually there's going to be pushback from the far right. Deal with the left wing toads now or deal with street wars later.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:02 am

The degenerate scumbags (to use your phrase) of the right are already organising and gaining ground throughout the West. Start with Charlottesville and keep looking; locally, I don’t know if Blair Cottrell et al are technically Nazis, but there’s no question they’re fascists.

I don’t agree with Antifa tactics and I do kind of suspect that they’re helping radicalise the right, but let’s not pretend they created this.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:36 am

Wokko wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

The (real) Nazis gained a lot of support because of the Communist ancestors of Antifa and their street violence in Berlin. If we allow these degenerate scumbags to take root then eventually there's going to be pushback from the far right. Deal with the left wing toads now or deal with street wars later.

Wokko, do you really take this stuff seriously? The language could come from an extremist religion. It would make for a good lost scene from The Warriors.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:38 pm

Read his posts. We know Wokko isn’t a fascist, because Mugwump says so - but Wokko certainly professes a bundle of views that, taken together, have been well outside the margins of acceptable political discourse since at least 1945. His posts read like a paid commercial program for every right wing nutter view that is available on the internet. And, however it comes about - I’m certainly not going to be drawing any conclusions - he does seem (purely by coincidence, I suppose) to defend a lot of actual fascists on here from time to time.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Read his posts. We know Wokko isn’t a fascist, because Mugwump says so - but Wokko certainly professes a bundle of views that, taken together, have been well outside the margins of acceptable political discourse since at least 1945. His posts read like a paid commercial program for every right wing nutter view that is available on the internet. And, however it comes about - I’m certainly not going to be drawing any conclusions - he does seem (purely by coincidence, I suppose) to defend a lot of actual fascists on here from time to time.

You wouldn't know fascism if it stomped your head in.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Wokko wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

That’s what passes for argument where you hail from, is it?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:48 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:58 pm

Wokko wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

So, after the violent image in your previous post, you’d now like to pretend to be the Weasel Voice or Reason? Lovely stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: