Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Power - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking increasingly likely that Ryder will miss.
Other than Robbie Gray doing a hamstring at training, we can’t ask for much on Ports injury front.
Their mid field has some big names but they are pretty flakey. It’s not often they all fire at once. Wines been up and down, Powell Pepper was dropped and Boak can’t run out a game in midfield. Wingard has been in solid form but doesn’t hit the scoreboard now because he is up the ground.
As many have noted, we need to put the clamps on Gray.
Still not convinced about tagging him cause his hands are exceptional in close.
Would prefer all our blokes only have eyes on the footy ( and not Gray ) and get our hands on it before he does.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:58 pm

port are weak and depleted of some of their best players, but then again so are we. I reckon we're in better form and I think we'll get the job done. playing them at home helps too. there is simply no margin for error now and this should be motivation enough for the players. Hopefully howe returns because our backline is looking thin.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:28 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
port are weak and depleted of some of their best players, but then again so are we. I reckon we're in better form and I think we'll get the job done. playing them at home helps too. there is simply no margin for error now and this should be motivation enough for the players. Hopefully howe returns because our backline is looking thin.

I'm always worried about Port. They've had the wood over us for a while now. We won't take them lightly even with the injuries. That being said, I think this time we are likely to get them.

Here's my tiny litmus test from the start of the year for Collingwood. Some basic small things that would indicate to me that some bugbears have been broken:

Beat Melbourne on QB check
Continue winning after the bye check
Be in the top 8 late in the season check
Beat Port Adelaide ??

You might notice Richmond isn't on the list. That's simply because with the exception of last year and so far this season, we've had no issues with them having the wood over us. Form and strength have been the only thing separating Richmond from us and quite frankly, the rest of the league. I'm not impressed with them. I just think they're slightly better than the rest but the bar isn't set that high this season as far as a standout goes. It's not like Richmond is like the Brisbane of the early 2000s, or Geelong of the late 2000s, or Hawthorn. By the way, how the bloody hell did the Hawks sneak into the top four in such an unassuming way? Evil or Very Mad
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:32 pm

Cam wrote:
piedys wrote:
Gray, Wines, Wingard, Boak, Pepper-Pig etc, all provide difficult match ups, and are quite shifty when lurking inside their F50.

I laughed out loud brother.

lol, I'm not the only one. Every time I hear a commentator call his name, it's all I think of! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Cam wrote:
piedys wrote:
Gray, Wines, Wingard, Boak, Pepper-Pig etc, all provide difficult match ups, and are quite shifty when lurking inside their F50.

lol, I'm not the only one. Every time I hear a commentator call his name, it's all I think of! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Cam wrote:
piedys wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Cam wrote:
piedys wrote:

Cam wrote:
piedys wrote:

Cam wrote:
piedys wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:41 pm

what the.. ?? Shocked
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:51 pm

The two that always play well against us are Wines and Gray. Stop those two we are on the way to beating them. Our centre setups are completely different this year to previous years so Wines will be competing against a different setup which hopefully will take care of him. He's a strong body at the contest. Sier and JDG are the two that can compete against him (don't think Greenwood has worked against him in the past and Crisp now plays at half back). Gray has very strong hands and is good on both sides of the body. He is the main threat. Sidey could be the one to spend some time on him. Buckley needs to have plans A,B and C against Gray.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 pm

According to Port, Ryder is < 50% chance to play. First gamer Frampton in line for selection. Nice for our opposition to have injury issues for once.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:26 pm

K wrote:
piedys wrote:
Always proud when my veiled sledging and character assassinations don't go unnoticed, Brother Cam! Razz

Huh, Nicks has been getting the veiled version of Dyso?

Ummm... well.... let's just say this forum has the .... errrr... censored version of my persona.

Ask Rudeboy; he could write a tell-all book on my melt downs in the Sherrin Stand, after sitting next to me from 1985-1994. Bear in mind, you only get 10 for murder; he did well to escape with his hearing and sanity intact.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Another Power blow: Star mid in doubt

PORT Adelaide's injury woes have compounded, with winger Jared Polec in doubt for Saturday's crucial encounter against Collingwood with a hamstring injury.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-13/another-power-blow-star-mid-in-doubt

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:30 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
The two that always play well against us are Wines and Gray. Stop those two we are on the way to beating them. Our centre setups are completely different this year to previous years so Wines will be competing against a different setup which hopefully will take care of him. He's a strong body at the contest. Sier and JDG are the two that can compete against him (don't think Greenwood has worked against him in the past and Crisp now plays at half back). Gray has very strong hands and is good on both sides of the body. He is the main threat. Sidey could be the one to spend some time on him. Buckley needs to have plans A,B and C against Gray.

I like the idea of matching Sidey ( or even Pendlebury ) against Gray when he starts in the middle.
I can’t see Greenwood stopping him and I can’t see Gray worrying about Greenwood when we have the ball either.
You need to make Gray accountable and take him to places where he can’t do damage. Sidey will keep him very honest and make him add a defensive side to his thinking. When we have the ball, Sidey goes forward and if Gray doesn’t go with him, then Sidey can hopefully sneak out the back. If Gray does go with him, then not even Gray can score from back there.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14   

Jump to: