Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Greenwood: The tagger

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
E wrote:
Skids wrote:
E wrote:
Skids wrote:
E wrote:
He drives opponents bonkers. I didnt like him pushing Zorko when Zorko was attending to a sprained ankle, but otherwise, he is a terrific annoyance. He is very physical too, which opponents dont like.

Really??!

I loved that shit! (it was pretty tame, just enough to rattle his cage)

I think we need more of that mongrel.
Shits me to tears when I see them; shaking hands before the game, talking like they're old mates and having a chin wag after the game. Own these pricks!

yep, i think when a player is on the ground out of play and clearly hurt, you leave him alone. also, if a player is hobbling to the bench, you leave him alone. Imagine a guy on the ground with a concussion and you push him around? imagine,rse even wothat he has a spine injury and you e on.pil Low class stuff and potentially dangerous. When player is "in the game", he is fair game. When he is hurt, you leave him alone.

Oh FFS, he was tying his bootlace!

How dramatic do you want to make it!

Sometimes it's best to say nothing chump. Rolling Eyes

Interesting viewpoint. So in order to tie his shoelace he had to hobble to the bench and get his ankle strapped and he was pretty much done for the day. That is a pretty serious "shoelace".

Idiots like you who don't let people have different views to their own continue to be a taint on Nicks. Grow up - FFS #whoistherealchump

You're the idiot! .... you just had a go at me, for having a different opinion to you, for having a different opinion!

Your babbling crap on every thread is a taint on Nick's.
Read through some if your own opinionated crap before having a snipe at someone with a different view than yours... clown!

Never started one fight on Nicks in 8 years. Finished plenty though. You can be next if you really want to be ......

I love how people cant just back off when they realize they were a little out of line and OTT in their responses. They always have to get all macho, beat their big tough chests and double down. Never noticed that was you skids, but i guess you can bring it on if you really need to ....

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:57 am

Side by Side. It's more than a slogan. Laughing Wink
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:10 am

E wrote:
Skids wrote:
E wrote:
He drives opponents bonkers. I didnt like him pushing Zorko when Zorko was attending to a sprained ankle, but otherwise, he is a terrific annoyance. He is very physical too, which opponents dont like.

Really??!

I loved that shit! (it was pretty tame, just enough to rattle his cage)

I think we need more of that mongrel.
Shits me to tears when I see them; shaking hands before the game, talking like they're old mates and having a chin wag after the game. Own these pricks!

yep, i think when a player is on the ground out of play and clearly hurt, you leave him alone. also, if a player is hobbling to the bench, you leave him alone. Imagine a guy on the ground with a concussion and you push him around? imagine, even worse that he has a spine injury and you pile on. Low class stuff and potentially dangerous. When player is "in the game", he is fair game. When he is hurt, you leave him alone.

What Greenwood did on Saturday against Zorko was fair and reasonable. Zorko wasn't laying prone on the ground he was on his knee tending his ankle. It's not like the guy had been laid out. Greenwood was not unduly rough at all. And when Zorko was jogging off the ground Greenwood did not even touch him, just niggled him verbally the whole way.
Greenwood did exactly what I would have expected and it worked! Zorko was no where near as effective against us on Saturday as he was earlier in the year.
You must be forgetting Hawthorn from a couple of years ago - 'unsociable' I believe it was referred to. Richmond are doing it now, too.
We need a lot more like Greenwood.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:40 am

If Greenwood cops any penalty we just need to rename the AFL to the AFLW and extend their Season.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:52 am

Finals and we will face a few of the sides if we get to GF—-Levi will he rate a place to close down a top player to blunt the opposition
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:03 am

Culprit wrote:
If Greenwood cops any penalty we just need to rename the AFL to the AFLW and extend their Season.

there is also a chance that david loats could be spent to us on loan from ocean grove.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 am

I am with E on Greenwood getting involved physically while Zorko was suffering.

I admire the role that Greenwood did for us again on Saturday, in shutting down one of their stars, but I don't condone targeting seriously injured players at their most vulnerable.

I am also a supporter of getting rid of all the off the ball 'tough-guy' punching while a guy has his back turned that occurs at the start of games etc. The ridiculous in your face slamming your body into someone that has just missed a kick for goal or made an error, like Caleb Marchbank of Carlton is prone to, is also ridiculous. I see it replicated in junior football and it is a blight on the game. Duck back into a pack or put yourself over the ball, even make your presence felt in a tackle if you wish to intimidate and send a message about your intent.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:48 am

Please. Greenwood barely budged him.

He must go to Gray or Wingard (if he plays midfield) this weekend.

Quite simply, when Greenwood tags, he wins. It’s a no brainer now with our depleted defence. Greatly helps limit opposition supply when he sits on a key play maker.

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:55 am

Greenwood is wonderful. Go Pies!!!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:01 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
I am with E on Greenwood getting involved physically while Zorko was suffering.

I admire the role that Greenwood did for us again on Saturday, in shutting down one of their stars, but I don't condone targeting seriously injured players at their most vulnerable.

I am also a supporter of getting rid of all the off the ball 'tough-guy' punching while a guy has his back turned that occurs at the start of games etc. The ridiculous in your face slamming your body into someone that has just missed a kick for goal or made an error, like Caleb Marchbank of Carlton is prone to, is also ridiculous. I see it replicated in junior football and it is a blight on the game. Duck back into a pack or put yourself over the ball, even make your presence felt in a tackle if you wish to intimidate and send a message about your intent.

In the same round of footy, we had Betts go up to Heath Shaw and wish him the best as he was being carried off with a knee injury.
Put it this way, I would rather my kids see that on TV than the Greenwood antics ( which weren’t much but they were unnecessary )
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:37 pm

I also think Greenwood’s effectiveness as a tagger will improve as his fitness builds up. Most players being tagged look to blow up their antagonist with hard two way running. The fitter the tagger, the more difficult it is to shake him off with hard running.
Greenwood’s had a lot of set backs this year, so he is probably only now gaining peak fitness. I’m sure there are more tagging jobs in store for him but you still have to pick the right type of player to set your sights on ( and it’s not always the oppositions best inside mid )
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:46 pm

My Tweet back to the club. "Apparently Zorko had to wash him off in the shower. Mick "The Glove" Gayfer would have been proud of Levi's game".
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Brizzy Lions last side to complain —remember Reiwoltd injured when they were top side—he had injured shoulder and both Scott brothers ran and
shoved his injured arm

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Brizzy Lions last side to complain —remember Reiwoltd injured when they were top side—he had injured shoulder and both Scott brothers ran and
shoved his injured arm

In their defence that was nearly 20 years ago.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
shoved his injured arm

In their defence that was nearly 20 years ago.

why defend them? Rolling Eyes

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: