Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Any chance Brayden Sier for a RS nomination?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:50 am
Post subject: Any chance Brayden Sier for a RS nomination?Reply with quote

I love this kid. He’s a beast. And the footy world has started taking notice of him. One of our most important now I reckon.
Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

He really has looked right at home from his very first game....

Imagine how good he will be after 50 more

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:31 am

Garry Lyon is on his bandwagon, he called him the next Josh Kennedy (Swans)
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:41 am

Gary Lyon said that —-well on commentary that would have been the only sensible words he uttered

Thought maybe he put some flea powder on just prior to utterance 🐕🐕

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:16 am

Needs to work on his left foot. Look out next season.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:20 am

i thought Cameron Ling was bad. Gary Lyon might be the worst commentator out there. The bias is evident. Debated every single free we got and basically suggested that some of them changed the game. Ironically, there were a few iffy calls paid against us, but he treated those as 100% correct every time.

He is a jackass.

He actually said at one point. Wasn't that a bit stiff to be called out of bounds since it clearly came off his shin? the other blokes actually had to explain the rule to him.

He called Aish Langdon at least three times (they were both wearing long sleeves - and that, as we all know, is where the similarity ends).

I dont know about you, but if i know more about footy than the commentators, i dont know why i want him commentating for me. i want a commentator who helpd me follow the game better. not one i keep saying - jesus you're an assclown mate!!

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:24 am

stui magpie wrote:

That’s a concern. That’s the same expert that just claimed the umpire made a mistake because it came off the shin not the boot so it wasn’t out on the full.
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:21 pm

I posted somewhere also the I sort of hope Sier doesn't get a nomination this year - leave Stephonson to win this year's and Sier gets nominated and wins next year
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:26 pm

E wrote:
i thought Cameron Ling was bad. Gary Lyon might be the worst commentator out there. The bias is evident. Debated every single free we got and basically suggested that some of them changed the game. Ironically, there were a few iffy calls paid against us, but he treated those as 100% correct every time.

Garry Lyon is two faced - in the heat of the battle his true persona comes out - a genuine Collingwood hater. In the wash up, and in his game analyses (such as his radio spots on SEN weekdays), he has to be more circumspect, and he gives praise where it's due.
I distinctly and vividly recall reading in the Herald-Sun newspaper a report of a speech Garry Lyon gave at a Melbourne football club function: it was 2009, and Collingwood had recently announced the Malthouse to Buckley succession plan, and Collingwood weren't performing that well. Lyon's speech went something like this (not verbatim, just the gist):...we are building something big here at Melbourne. Meanwhile, we have our foes - Collingwood - in total disarray and falling apart - what a great time it is...

He was basically gloating and overjoyed at the state Collingwood were in. Ever since then I lost total respect for him and didn't trust a word he said, especially about Collingwood.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:31 pm

think better wrote:
I posted somewhere also the I sort of hope Sier doesn't get a nomination this year - leave Stephonson to win this year's and Sier gets nominated and wins next year

Agree.

Also his decision making in close isn't the best - still handballs to players in a worse position than his own - did it yesterday again against Port. But has huge upside and can only see him getting better. But didn't we also think the same of Rupert Wills? I know injury has hampered him, but a promising few games doesn't necessarily mean he will be a mainstay - don't get me wrong, I certainly hope so, just sayin'....

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:48 pm

tbaker, trust me, Sier will be a dominant midfield force. He gives off handballs because he lacks the experience and confidence to do things himself at the moment, especially when he has the likes of Pendlebury, Steele, Adams, lurking to give to. With another injury free pre season (he’ll add genuine muscle and definition to his beast frame, and up his aerobc capacity), and the belief that he now belongs after getting a taste for AFL senior football (and enjoying the hell out of it enough to go 100% at AFL as a genuine career, something you can forgive him for not wanting as much after unexpectedly being drafted as a 17 year old), look out.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:09 pm

E wrote:

He is a jackass.

He actually said at one point. Wasn't that a bit stiff to be called out of bounds since it clearly came off his shin? the other blokes actually had to explain the rule to him.

He called Aish Langdon at least three times (they were both wearing long sleeves - and that, as we all know, is where the similarity ends).

I dont know about you, but if i know more about footy than the commentators, i dont know why i want him commentating for me. i want a commentator who helpd me follow the game better. not one i keep saying - jesus you're an assclown mate!!

Agree. He's pretty clueless. It's amazing that he gets as many gigs as he does. Says something about the state of the AFL media.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:13 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

That’s a concern. That’s the same expert that just claimed the umpire made a mistake because it came off the shin not the boot so it wasn’t out on the full.

Remember it well. Not one of his finest moments.
I thought I was hearing things until one of the commentators reminded him of what constitutes a legitimate kick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: