Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pulverise Port - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 17.13.115
Port 10.4.64

Goals: Stevo, Mihocek, Phillips 2, JT, Mayne, Grundy, De Goey, Cox, Sidey, Ox, Adams, Sier, Varcoe, De Goey 1

Disposals: Sidey 33, Adams 30, Mayne 27, Pendles 26, Grundy, Maynard 25, Crisp 24, Phillips 20, Sier 16, Langdon 18, Madgen 17, Varcoe 12, De Goey 14, Murphy 14, Aish 17,

Tackles: Grundy 9, Sier, Maynard, Pendles, Adams 7

D/E: Langdon 83.3%, Crisp 79.2, Maynard 78.3, Mayne 77.8

AF Points: Grundy 147, Adams 124, Mayne 113, Sidey 119, Maynard 97, Pendles 89.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:29 pm

SwansWay wrote:
E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
So P4S is telling us he hasn't watched the game yet he was second to hand votes in the GB medal. Tell us old wise one how you know who played well and who didn't ? Just look at the stats did we ? Are they the same stats you say mean nothing when it proves Langdon is a below average defender ?

Ok back to the game people need to take a chill pill about our defence
It was lose as all hell today. Any time Port got a clean clearance and quick entry they scored easily.
First term they were 5-0 in centre clearances and they were up by 3 goals
When we then started to dominate the contests and clearances they hacked it forward with no plan.
You then have much more time for mids to get back and support which hey did very well
Port must have thought Gray was Cox the way they sat it on his head allowing other defenders to get over and help Langdon which is there job but don't make out he worked miracles on gray it just didn't happen like that. He didn't play on gray all day as it was and the time he did spend on him it was at best a break even which in fairness after last year when the brothers Gray kicked 6 on Langdon that's a massive win for us today.
All the defenders were decent today considering the inexperience in that line.
Finals are now a lock and a top 4 is ours of we can win next week
Go the pies

if you have to qualify your comment with the words "considering....." then you have already undermined your own statement. Oxley and Madgen were truly terrible. Not their fault. One is probably about 2 years from reaching his potential, the other is not AFL standard.

Langdon was so good again today. You continue to make yourself look very small by constantly trying to write off his wonderful work. As far as we know, the guy suffers from terrible knee problems and yet all he does is soldier on. He has been forced to play on guys bigger than him. Yesterday he did a really nice job on a DeGoey type talent. nullyfied the contest many many more times than he was beaten (and was quite dominant after quarter time in the one on ones). I love that you praise other defenders for helping Lagdon, but not once have i heard you praise langdon for returning the favor with the other players back there. He was also our most efficient player (i know you love to use stats). Simply put, he is a gun. And he plays for Collingwood. Time you accept it, embrace him, enjoy him or otherwise if you cant do that, just move on. I'm so tired of the efforts you go to in order to propagate lies about him.

E see this is the point you seem to constantly miss mate. My post is the balancing pout from the dribble sprayed about Langdon being the star of the side again yesterday. He was fine but he didn't play outstanding by any stretch. P4S made the comment about Gray and his 5 goals last year and only 1 yesterday. But again it's not apples for apples. Gray spent long periods of time isn't he midfield yesterday not forward so not kicking goals on Langdon is hard to do when his not your direct opponent. Last year Langdon was murdered but the brothers Gray. Do you believe our midfield had nothing to do with slowing down there ball movement and clearance work ? If you do then you need your eyes checked mate. Port by there own coaches appraisal ball entry into there 50 was horrible. They hacked it forward and put it on there mid sized players heads allowing our defenders time to leave there man and assist. Yes this included Langdon helping his team mates out as well. Watch the first term closely again. Gray was 10-15 in the clear on at least 6 occasions and his team mates couldn't or wouldn't kick it to him. Had they he could have had 4 or 5 by quarter time. Langdon didn't have the speed to go with him. That's not Langdon's fault he is being asked to play roles because ewe have no other options due to injury. Like Scharenberg was asked to do as well but was pillared by P4S about his lack of speed when behind his opponent.
Champion data rate any defender who has over 3 goals per game conceded by them on average as a below average defender. Langdon averages 3.34 goals conceded per game this season. Again the stats don't always tell the full story as hand over assignments may be missed by his team mates or other errors but it's still a telling stat. A defenders first job is to stop goals being scored right ? Langdon is our only player to average more than 2.5 goals per game conceded.
Like wise what's his DE by FOOT when attempting a pass over 20m ? They can train a seal to hit a ball with there nose 2 meters accurately so teach Langdon to handball it the same distance shouldn't pose much of a problem and that pads his overall DE when you read it. Just for the record here's the seasons stats for our defenders when attempting passes over 20m by foot for 2018
Scharenberg 83.4%
Dunn 78.4%
Crisp 76.1%
Howe 74.9%
Maynard 58.7%
Langdon 48.4%
A defenders second job is to clear the ball from the danger area as quickly and accurately as possible. Your opponent can't score if a defender hits a team mate 30m outside there attacking 50m zone
Langdon is being asked to play busted I acknowledge that and think it's unfair to be honest. He's doing his absolute best. I've never knocked his courage or willingness to do so but at times he's a deer in the headlights caught in no mans land.
If finals started next week we would play west coast over there and who would you want Langdon defending on Kennedy Darling or Lycett ? Because that's what awaits us as the ladder stands. Again not his fault he can't help who we play or where we play them.
But don't expect me to carry on like he's the next coming of Rance when the whole team defended like they did yesterday. He did his job but was far from outstanding IMO and was also far from the worst IMO as well.
He's playing with 3 guys who have played a total of 35 games between them. Oxley isn't a afl level defender that's been the case for years. Madgen and Murphy are miles away from us even knowing if they will make it.
Look you rate Langdon higher than me and I'm cool with that and you seem to have made it a pass time that every time I try to balance out the over hype about his game with some actual facts of denigrating the comments.
I'll defer to the experts on the matter go listen to the commentators from the 5 minute mark of the first term and there opinion of Langdon's performance on trying to play on Gray

Well at least you admit that you are only doing it to settle scores. I gotta give you that. I'd rather you were a little more truthful with yourself, but i've said many times that a lot of people here have a hard time evolving their opinions once they are formed. I mean look at the empty vessel. Hasnt evolved on any topic ever (and sadly, not that smart to begin with). Anyway, we digress ....

I find it funny that you have had to revert to season long stats on Langdon because his stats this weekend hurt your argument. Dont know why you want to fight fellow collingwood fans so hard about one of its stars.

Finally, Langdon has fairly unanimously been in our best 6-8 players for the past month. The rest of your argument is just fodder for empty vessels.

I hope you enjoy the finals that Langdon and the boys have delivered for you. I'll be enjoying all of them and hoping for the best.

I'll even say a small prayer that Beams is in black n white again next year for you, if you promise it will make you smile......

E, you're one of the most balanced people on here and I'm beginning to appreciate that quality more and more. I can't remember who "the empty vessel" is but you came to my defence against him a few weeks ago. Sadly he's all mangled up in my memory with a cadre of others of similar ilk. A fitting proverb for the Internet age especially. We're all for robust discussion and rational disagreement and things can get heated as we're all hopefully passionate Pies supporters that all have one thing in common. So yes, opinions must evolve. Not enough do; or at least not timely enough. I don't care about people who disagree so long as it's based on something empirical and self-evident. But I can't abide some players who never get credit where credit is due. And objectively so.

You guys need to get a room

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Maybe you're right. E, whaddya say? Wink
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:34 pm

FMD, can we please quit with the multiple quotes?
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:
FMD, can we please quit with the multiple quotes?

If you stack all the quotes one upon the other that's enough to get half way to the moon 😜
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:47 pm

^

Yeah, it makes the page unreadable. You have to scroll half way down the page full of quote to get a snide remark that wasn't worth the effort.

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Yeah, it makes the page unreadable. You have to scroll half way down the page full of quote to get a snide remark that wasn't worth the effort.

A little of that is down to the antiquated message board layout too but I found your comment funny nonetheless Razz
E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:54 pm

inxs88 wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

E, you're one of the most balanced people on here and I'm beginning to appreciate that quality more and more. I can't remember who "the empty vessel" is but you came to my defence against him a few weeks ago. Sadly he's all mangled up in my memory with a cadre of others of similar ilk. A fitting proverb for the Internet age especially. We're all for robust discussion and rational disagreement and things can get heated as we're all hopefully passionate Pies supporters that all have one thing in common. So yes, opinions must evolve. Not enough do; or at least not timely enough. I don't care about people who disagree so long as it's based on something empirical and self-evident. But I can't abide some players who never get credit where credit is due. And objectively so.

You guys need to get a room

....and here comes the Empty vessel, right on cue.....

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:05 pm

THANKS Magpies, you gave me the best birthday present ever yesterday, I was there, rapt, we then did a good ol fashioned pub crawl thru Richmond, finished up at the Royal Hotel, a very interesting pub !!

I thought Mayne was damn near best on ground, best game hes played with us, hes found his niche now, settled in, very nicely. And young Sier, man, that kid is built like a Panzer tank, he did a superb game, as did Taylor adams, Varcoe, Grundy, Langdon, Cox, great team effort. Regardless of what happens, this season, our future looks fantastic, next season and beyond.!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:37 pm

SwansWay wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
If Mayne gets 30+ and kicks 3 goals, the opposition must actually have died and left the field (dying alone wouldn't be enough, because there's only, of course, the quick and the dead - and he's plainly not one of the former). Razz

That said, he must have played some game today, by his standards, since that is the first time he has ever had more than 25 disposals in a game *and only the second time in 191 games that he's reached 25). Perhaps he's climbing towards a new peak. Maybe you should wish for a 30 disposal, 5 goal game - then we'd really be in extreme territory. Let's hope it's in a Grand Final for us.

Hi there, I was just wondering which team you barrack for? Because it sure isn't Collingwood

Ho, ho, ho. Very original. It is because I barrack for Collingwood that I don't enjoy watching Mayne play.

So how did we magically end up as a Top 4 side with all these passengers like Mayne? Do you really think he'd pass muster in Buck's eyes if he was anywhere near as bad as you make out? I honestly don't understand how you're the only one left after professional commentators, journalists and fans alike are giving Mayne huge accolades. Either everybody is stupid or you're an insightful lonely genius.

We don't have "passengers". Some of you people don't seem to be capable of complex thought. Mayne played a good, solid game yesterday but still got torched when his opponent got the ball in hand. He does his best and he's a fantastic trier. I just don't know how he'd get a game if we had someone available who could run at average speed and kick properly.

So we disagree. Get over it.

I'm incapable of complex thought even though you voted before seeing the game 😳

I was right, though, as I always am.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:46 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
So P4S is telling us he hasn't watched the game yet he was second to hand votes in the GB medal. Tell us old wise one how you know who played well and who didn't ? Just look at the stats did we ? Are they the same stats you say mean nothing when it proves Langdon is a below average defender ?

Ok back to the game people need to take a chill pill about our defence
It was lose as all hell today. Any time Port got a clean clearance and quick entry they scored easily.
First term they were 5-0 in centre clearances and they were up by 3 goals
When we then started to dominate the contests and clearances they hacked it forward with no plan.
You then have much more time for mids to get back and support which hey did very well
Port must have thought Gray was Cox the way they sat it on his head allowing other defenders to get over and help Langdon which is there job but don't make out he worked miracles on gray it just didn't happen like that. He didn't play on gray all day as it was and the time he did spend on him it was at best a break even which in fairness after last year when the brothers Gray kicked 6 on Langdon that's a massive win for us today.
All the defenders were decent today considering the inexperience in that line.
Finals are now a lock and a top 4 is ours of we can win next week
Go the pies

if you have to qualify your comment with the words "considering....." then you have already undermined your own statement. Oxley and Madgen were truly terrible. Not their fault. One is probably about 2 years from reaching his potential, the other is not AFL standard.

Langdon was so good again today. You continue to make yourself look very small by constantly trying to write off his wonderful work. As far as we know, the guy suffers from terrible knee problems and yet all he does is soldier on. He has been forced to play on guys bigger than him. Yesterday he did a really nice job on a DeGoey type talent. nullyfied the contest many many more times than he was beaten (and was quite dominant after quarter time in the one on ones). I love that you praise other defenders for helping Lagdon, but not once have i heard you praise langdon for returning the favor with the other players back there. He was also our most efficient player (i know you love to use stats). Simply put, he is a gun. And he plays for Collingwood. Time you accept it, embrace him, enjoy him or otherwise if you cant do that, just move on. I'm so tired of the efforts you go to in order to propagate lies about him.

E see this is the point you seem to constantly miss mate. My post is the balancing pout from the dribble sprayed about Langdon being the star of the side again yesterday. He was fine but he didn't play outstanding by any stretch. P4S made the comment about Gray and his 5 goals last year and only 1 yesterday. But again it's not apples for apples. Gray spent long periods of time isn't he midfield yesterday not forward so not kicking goals on Langdon is hard to do when his not your direct opponent. Last year Langdon was murdered but the brothers Gray. Do you believe our midfield had nothing to do with slowing down there ball movement and clearance work ? If you do then you need your eyes checked mate. Port by there own coaches appraisal ball entry into there 50 was horrible. They hacked it forward and put it on there mid sized players heads allowing our defenders time to leave there man and assist. Yes this included Langdon helping his team mates out as well. Watch the first term closely again. Gray was 10-15 in the clear on at least 6 occasions and his team mates couldn't or wouldn't kick it to him. Had they he could have had 4 or 5 by quarter time. Langdon didn't have the speed to go with him. That's not Langdon's fault he is being asked to play roles because ewe have no other options due to injury. Like Scharenberg was asked to do as well but was pillared by P4S about his lack of speed when behind his opponent.
Champion data rate any defender who has over 3 goals per game conceded by them on average as a below average defender. Langdon averages 3.34 goals conceded per game this season. Again the stats don't always tell the full story as hand over assignments may be missed by his team mates or other errors but it's still a telling stat. A defenders first job is to stop goals being scored right ? Langdon is our only player to average more than 2.5 goals per game conceded.
Like wise what's his DE by FOOT when attempting a pass over 20m ? They can train a seal to hit a ball with there nose 2 meters accurately so teach Langdon to handball it the same distance shouldn't pose much of a problem and that pads his overall DE when you read it. Just for the record here's the seasons stats for our defenders when attempting passes over 20m by foot for 2018
Scharenberg 83.4%
Dunn 78.4%
Crisp 76.1%
Howe 74.9%
Maynard 58.7%
Langdon 48.4%
A defenders second job is to clear the ball from the danger area as quickly and accurately as possible. Your opponent can't score if a defender hits a team mate 30m outside there attacking 50m zone
Langdon is being asked to play busted I acknowledge that and think it's unfair to be honest. He's doing his absolute best. I've never knocked his courage or willingness to do so but at times he's a deer in the headlights caught in no mans land.
If finals started next week we would play west coast over there and who would you want Langdon defending on Kennedy Darling or Lycett ? Because that's what awaits us as the ladder stands. Again not his fault he can't help who we play or where we play them.
But don't expect me to carry on like he's the next coming of Rance when the whole team defended like they did yesterday. He did his job but was far from outstanding IMO and was also far from the worst IMO as well.
He's playing with 3 guys who have played a total of 35 games between them. Oxley isn't a afl level defender that's been the case for years. Madgen and Murphy are miles away from us even knowing if they will make it.
Look you rate Langdon higher than me and I'm cool with that and you seem to have made it a pass time that every time I try to balance out the over hype about his game with some actual facts of denigrating the comments.
I'll defer to the experts on the matter go listen to the commentators from the 5 minute mark of the first term and there opinion of Langdon's performance on trying to play on Gray

Lyon and King? Gray got the ball for the first time in the game and they talked him up. The next time they bagged Langdon for “not having a clue”, Gray was up against Aish on the near side wing - they just know so little about Collingwood’s team that they couldn’t distinguish between the two players wearing long sleeves. Last time Gray played against us at the MCG, he kicked 5 and set up 3 others. His output yesterday was a quarter of that. And, let’s be blunt, they only moved him into the midfield because he didn’t know how to get a kick on the Future Captain up forward, where it matters.

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again - follow the game, not the stats.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Langdon is a solid player but not one you would put your house on. He has an uncomfortable standard deviation between great and terrible.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

then you must have bribed the judge because you really were not! get your soft ass back to the G man, your missing the fun. Mayne was good, very good, and i have been pretty hard on him.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:19 pm

think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

then you must have bribed the judge because you really were not! get your soft ass back to the G man, your missing the fun. Mayne was good, very good, and i have been pretty hard on him.

He certainly was less terrible than usual. He was almost Beams-like, on occasion. Wink
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:23 pm

think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Very true T P, actually, I thought Mayne was BOG, and Langdon did well, I dunno why some on here have it in for him. I was very impressed with young Sier, that kid is built like a panzer tank, a real goer. !! Im happy anyway, it was a wonderful win on my birthday, I aint complaining one iota !! Very Happy Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: