Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Top 4 in the bag...?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Saints trail by 2 points with five minutes to go.

Bloody St Kilda can never get anything right. One more goal and we’d be even harder to topple from the top 4. Still, our percentage is up, theirs down.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

Live ladder:

2). West Coast = 60 (123.4%) - play Melbourne tomorrow
3). Collingwood = 56 (120.7%)
4). Hawthorn = 56 (120.5%)
5). Sydney = 56 (110.6%)
6). GWS = 54 (118.1%)
7). Melbourne = 48 (130.5%) - play West Coast tomorrow

We can finish anywhere between 2nd to 7th at this stage. If Melbourne lose tomorrow, we're guaranteed a top 6 finish and a home elimination final at a minimum. If West Coast lose, a 2nd place finish is possible.

Last edited by Jezza on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

Don't get to Cocky
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:08 pm

A huge shame that StKilda did not get over Hawthorn this evening. But we should watch the game to find out how a bottom 4 team was able to almost strangle them. Apparently tagging Mitchell. Well, we have ideal tagger, in Levi.
DT 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:11 pm

Yes if Melbourne get hold of WCE and Lions beat them next week at the Gabba Pies could finish second and have a home final at the MCG
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:28 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Saints trail by 2 points with five minutes to go.

Bloody St Kilda can never get anything right. One more goal and we’d be even harder to topple from the top 4.

St Kilda did enough to give us a 0.2% edge over Hawthorn. Now we need to make sure that we lock in a significant win against the Dockers.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:33 pm

Well, a few Hawk handballs in the last 5 or so minutes looked very close to throws. A clear infringement on the mark in the centre also escaped a 50m penalty...
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:50 am

Jezza wrote:
Live ladder:

2). West Coast = 60 (123.4%) - play Melbourne tomorrow
3). Collingwood = 56 (120.7%)
4). Hawthorn = 56 (120.5%)
5). Sydney = 56 (110.6%)
6). GWS = 54 (118.1%)
7). Melbourne = 48 (130.5%) - play West Coast tomorrow

We can finish anywhere between 2nd to 7th at this stage. If Melbourne lose tomorrow, we're guaranteed a top 6 finish and a home elimination final at a minimum.

This is already the case – as Melbourne are playing GWS, only one of those can mathematically pass us, so we already can’t finish lower than 6th. As for Sydney and Hawthorn, they can both pass us if we lose and Sydney win by a small margin.

If Melbourne win tomorrow, then we no longer have a path to making the top 4 if we lose; if West Coast win, then we could still finish top 4 if we lose should Melbourne beat GWS and the Hawks either beat Sydney or lose by more than we do. So it’ll be a bittersweet result if Melbourne defeat West Coast; we’ll both lose our safety net and at the same time open up the possibility of a home qualifyng final!

E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:57 am

Its really funny that our good percentage might turn out to be bad (if you think going to Perth is bad). I told you percentage doesn't matter.....
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:01 am

^ Rather face West Coast than Richmond first up, to be honest. Going to Perth doesn’t worry me.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:52 am

David wrote:
This is already the case – as Melbourne are playing GWS, only one of those can mathematically pass us, so we already can’t finish lower than 6th. As for Sydney and Hawthorn, they can both pass us if we lose and Sydney win by a small margin.

If Melbourne win tomorrow, then we no longer have a path to making the top 4 if we lose; if West Coast win, then we could still finish top 4 if we lose should Melbourne beat GWS and the Hawks either beat Sydney or lose by more than we do. So it’ll be a bittersweet result if Melbourne defeat West Coast; we’ll both lose our safety net and at the same time open up the possibility of a home qualifyng final!

Good point, David.

Where ever we finish, it's good to be in amongst the pack again contending for a top 4 spot. Haven't felt that for 6 years.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:17 am

David wrote:
^ Rather face West Coast than Richmond first up, to be honest. Going to Perth doesn’t worry me.

I'd love to knock off Richmond first up and send them into the Eagles side of the draw for an away prelim in Perth. Best path to the Premiership right there.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:39 am

See it up with a solid win over Freo Heave Ho and hold onto our current spot

And if we go down to WCE we have another dip at going deeper in

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:53 am

Wokko wrote:
David wrote:

I'd love to knock off Richmond first up and send them into the Eagles side of the draw for an away prelim in Perth. Best path to the Premiership right there.

It’s a pipe dream, but hey, about fricken time we got a fairytale! I’d do love to knock Richmond off!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:15 am
Post subject: Re: Top 4 now officially ours to maintain or lose. All up toReply with quote

magirl wrote:
With Sydney winning tonight we will maintain top 4 going into the last week.Beat Fremantle next week and we get the double chance. What a great year from our amazing team who have perservered against the biggest injury cloud to exceed all expectations. I am so proud of the team. Go pies.

Me too, I just cannot believe it to be honest, I honestly thought we would be coach hunting by round 7! I also thought Mayne was a dud, Cox was a dud, Pendles would never be an elite captain., and we were crazy to take a chance on a kid with a heart problem!

I actually got tears reading this thread, getting back to finals and not just as a filler, man I’m still in shock!

Funny I used to knock Pendles, and now I see his leadership and other want him replaced, no way! Much as I love Adams, (see my pics from last night, my favourites even though the battle for the ball was past, just his whole aura, I love this wild child turned hardened team man). I would not replace Pendles for the foreseeable future, him and Buckley are two peas in a pod. Maybe Mayne wasn’t worth the massive dollars, but right now I don’t care, he is more than earning his keep, he is filling holes, he is fearless, and tireless, and Cox, who would have thought we would tremble at the thought of the giant lanky uncoordinated yank missing a week! Sure his kick on goal is a little close to Cloke for comfort, but I just love his attitude, unlike Cloke he never sulks and he is the first one to step up when one of our kids, or even older players gets threatened. As for Stephenson, wow, just WOW, this kid can be anything, he’s got Pendles space making, time slowing class all over him, and he is so eager to learn. I have more pics to get though, and I will post a couple of him and the great Varcoe after that baseline goal, the way he embraces Varcoe, he is eager to learn, and Varcoe is generous with his praise and encouragement.

Langdon. I stood up for him long before it became popular, he is simply a work horse, and he is smart, he reads play, just like last week when he didn’t waste energy chasing a goal he could not stop. He has been our backline general, giving away a foot and a good 10kg to every player he is on. I’m really over the crap he cops, is he perfect? Are you? He is heart, he is soul, he is Collingwood, and I’d rather a champion team over a team of champions anyday. Consider who is out of our backline, Howe, Dunne, it’s a massive loss, and his fillers in Oxley and Magden are inexperienced and under done for AFL, and yet he has them busting their gut. Credit where due. It’s not his fault the backline is underdone, and yet he has held it up magnificently.

Buckley. I have never in my life been happier to be wrong than I am right now. I held fat for the first 4 years, I really did, read my posts, but the last two years just killed it, and yet here we are! Can we go all the way? I have no idea, but I have hope in my heart, hope I haven’t felt for a long long time, anything can happen. I’ll take a giant serving of humble pie thanks, with a cherry on top.

If we don’t get the fairy tale there will be prickle arsed barstard who will come in here and flog both the coach and this mighty team. I’m giving notice now, **** em. They can piss off. This team has performed miracles, yeah we had an easier draw than normal, but we are third on the ladder! Third. Who saw that coming? Who saw the loss of Treloar, who predicted we crash and burn along with his hamstrings, and yet here we are. No Elliot, no Faz, hell take an honest look at the team we have been fielding, a mishmash backline, an invented forward line, and a midfield bravely playing, some obviously through injury. Fairytale? I don’t believe in luck, never have, you make your own luck, Buckley, take a bow. However this amazing ride finishes up this year, he can hold his head high. Cheers

Last edited by think positive on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: