Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Liberal leadership declared vacant.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/pointless-australian-democracy-is-now-an-even-bigger-laughing-stock-20180824-p4zzkb.html

"It brought down a prime minister, destabilised the government, damaged the standing of the ruling party, unsettled the country, and made Australian democracy an even bigger laughing stock. Without satisfying the disgruntled faction that started it all."

Also, more prosaically, it looks like they need to add "Counting Beyond 20 Without Using Other People's Fingers and Toes" to the Police Academy syllabus.

Hence, no doubt, the unkind references to "heartless, cruel and not very bright" (see David Marr's description in https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/aug/24/myth-liberal-base-peter-dutton-liberal-party-glorious-defeat )
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:26 pm

roar wrote:
The non-ultra Liberals should let the ultras go and join the other freaks like Bernadi or Hanson. It may hurt a bit in the short term but I reckon it would be a benefit long term as the party would be more united and far more electable once the hard core element had gone.

Agree. The Liberal party formed by Menzies was centre right and actually had some progressive elements albeit slow at times.

These people who want to drag the party further right should far coff and join Corey Bernadi or one nation

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:10 am

^^Stui, they will destroy the Liberal Party and they won't recover as they will be always split. I agree they should join Corey. Sco Mo as PM and Dutton coming nowhere is just a perfect finish.
partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:31 am

I can't see Dutton and Abbott giving up, 45 - 40 is enough to give them hope
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:49 am

partypie wrote:
I can't see Dutton and Abbott giving up, 45 - 40 is enough to give them hope

And a slimmer margin that the original vote for Turnbull vs Dutton, which caused them to go again 24 hours later.

Ridiculous.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:20 pm

Looking forward to Monday’s polling figures. Could be entertaining reading.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:56 pm

At the end of the day we have a religious right wing nutter as PM (friggin' Hillsong Pentacostalists) who are in effect anti gay marriage, think that coal makes good compost and are wedded to dog whistling racism if not the latter fir base political purposes. The fact that Morrison is not Dutton is neither here nor there.

Bunch of extremist right wingers. Morrison still does not agree with a Banking Royal Commission. Just marginally less of a turd than the Mad Mysogynist Monk and the undertaker. Let's hope that Turnbull does the right thing for Australia and retires in the next few days.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:59 pm

The end of the day we have a religious right wing nutter as PM friggin' Hillsong Pentacostalists who are in effect anti gay marriage think that coal makes good compost and are wedded to dog whistling racism if not the latter is where it's at.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Given that Morrison’s counter-candidacy was pretty much Tunbull’s personal project, I’m sure he will have made an agreement not to quit any time soon. My guess is that he’ll retire a few months down the road meaning that, by the time any by-election could be held, a general election will have been called.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:56 pm

I read that Turnbull is officially leaving next week, but time will tell what happens.

Good riddance to this useless PM. That's karma for knifing a sitting PM in 2015.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:47 pm

Jezza wrote:
I read that Turnbull is officially leaving next week, but time will tell what happens.

Good riddance to this useless PM. That's karma for knifing a sitting PM in 2015.

Who knifed him when he was leader of the party earlier.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:52 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Krudd-Gillard-Krudd repeats except this time it's not little Bill wielding the knife. Razz Wink

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:53 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Turnbull knifed Nelson in 2008, and also knifed Peter King to gain pre-selection for the Libs in the seat of Wentworth in 2003.

Turnbull is a hypocrite and I couldn't stop laughing when he whined about "insurgents".

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:42 pm

Jezza wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Turnbull knifed Nelson in 2008, and also knifed Peter King to gain pre-selection for the Libs in the seat of Wentworth in 2003.

Turnbull is a hypocrite and I couldn't stop laughing when he whined about "insurgents".

...and the Mad Monk ain’t a hypocrite? Blimey.

A lot of knifing over the years (since year dot) from all sides. Where there’s power......

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:56 pm

The knifing goes with the territory. At least Turnbull leaves without us turning him into a verb describing a special kind of failure. Look for the losing shot at goal in the dying seconds of the big final to be described by Bruce thus: “Well, he had victory in his grasp - but gee he’s completely Duttoned that kick”.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 14 of 21   

Jump to: