Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Liberal leadership declared vacant.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Newspoll Results:

TPP = Coalition 44-56 Labor
Primary Vote = Coalition 33-41 Labor
Preferred PM = Morrison 33-39 Shorten

It's the first time since February 2015 that Shorten has been the preferred PM.

The last time the Coalition received 33% of the primary vote was in November 2009.

Long time to go. One would ex;pect that the disunity should spell instant "death" but it'll be a lot closer.

If I were Bill Shorten (& to shore up the populist vote without too much dog whistling) I'd immediately ban overseas buyers of domestic property unless they are Australian citizens (and as a qualifier perhaps) add not with countries that do not allow Austrlians to buy property in their respective countries - or at least put a moratorium on it and then send it to a commitee for research and advice.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:56 am

watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Newspoll Results:

The last time the Coalition received 33% of the primary vote was in November 2009.

Long time to go. One would ex;pect that the disunity should spell instant "death" but it'll be a lot closer.

If I were Bill Shorten (& to shore up the populist vote without too much dog whistling) I'd immediately ban overseas buyers of domestic property unless they are Australian citizens (and as a qualifier perhaps) add not with countries that do not allow Austrlians to buy property in their respective countries - or at least put a moratorium on it and then send it to a commitee for research and advice.

How very Right Wing Nationalist of you Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:07 am

Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Newspoll Results:

How very Right Wing Nationalist of you Laughing

I think Ahern in NZ has done something similar but Ive suggested this before on Nicks.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:24 am

A question for locals. How many far-right seats in Australia are rural?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:16 am

Thats an interesting question, PTID. I guess it depends how you define far-right: most of the minor party right-wingers (One Nation, Bernardi) are in the Senate, so itd be hard to make any claims about where their support is coming from. In 2016, One Nation only stood in twelve lower-house seats, but they polled best in Wright (Gold Coast hinterland, 20%), Hinkler (townships north of Brisbane including Bundaberg, 19%) and Maranoa (a huge, sparsely populated electorate covering most of south-west Queensland, 18%). All are rural seats, but the first two are more around the outskirts of urban areas.

Probably the most right-wing member of the lower house, George Christensen, holds the seat of Dawson, a coastal Northern Queensland seat that takes in Mackay and surrounding townships as well as parts of suburban Townsville.

As for Newspoll, wow. Liberal Party MPs will be looking at each other today thinking WTF have we just done?. As they should.

Last edited by David on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:17 am

Can you explain your reasoning?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:17 am

watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Newspoll Results:

I completely agree, but not just domestic properties, also farm land.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:51 am

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Newspoll Results:

I completely agree, but not just domestic properties, also farm land.

Labour New Zealand dit it recently:

New Zealand bans foreigners from buying property in effort to clamp down on house price growth

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-15/new-zealand-bans-foreigners-from-buying-property/10124290

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:36 pm

NZ Labor also campaigned on reducing immigration, something that is seen as taboo here for both our ALP and non-Dutton Liberals (and was the main thing Dutton was proposing in his pitch to become PM). I find that interesting, to say the least!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-27/new-zealand-goes-cool-on-migrants-just-when-it-needs-them-most

Quote:
Prime Minister Jacinda Arderns coalition wants to tighten visa controls and has said net arrivals could plunge by as much as 30,000 a year from 67,000 now. While that may be politically popular in a nation where immigration has been blamed for surging house prices, low wage growth and traffic congestion, the government needs foreign workers to carry out a NZ$42 billion plan to build new homes and transport infrastructure over the next five years.

[...]

The government has said it wants to curb arrivals of students and unskilled foreigners while ensuring businesses get the skilled workers they need, but is yet to release policy details.

Last edited by David on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:39 pm

watt price tully wrote:
At the end of the day we have a religious right wing nutter as PM (friggin' Hillsong Pentacostalists)

Didn't realise he was a Hillsong nutter.

I think all of Australia would benefit greatly if people from NSW were banned from politics.

Last edited by roar on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:40 pm

roar wrote:
I think all of Australia would benefit highly if people from NSW were banned from politics.

Haha, couldn't agree more! Or, even better, a motion be carried to dissolve the NSW Liberal and Labor parties, as well as Fred Nile (the latter, Wizard of Oz style).

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:48 pm

Just had a look at Andrew Bolt's blog for schadenfreude's sake, and saw this comment underneath his post about the latest Newspoll results:

Quote:
If I was Morrison I'd be immediately putting Turnbull on a rigid severance NDA, tapping his phone and monitoring his every email. He is probably already backgrounding his true leaders - Labor and the Greens.

Not everybody on the right who wanted to see Turnbull brought down are this crazy, but I'd hazard a guess that enough of them were to make it a reality.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:52 pm

I don't know if I have a look at Andrew Bolt's blog for schadenfreude's sake and saw this comment underneath his post about the latest Newspoll results [quote]If he or she was Morrison he or she'd be putting Turnbull on a rigid severance NDA tapping his phone and monitoring his every email. I have a great .
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:12 pm

David wrote:
Just had a look at Andrew Bolt's blog for schadenfreude's sake, and saw this comment underneath his post about the latest Newspoll results:

Quote:
If I was Morrison I'd be immediately putting Turnbull on a rigid severance NDA, tapping his phone and monitoring his every email. He is probably already backgrounding his true leaders - Labor and the Greens.

Not everybody on the right who wanted to see Turnbull brought down are this crazy, but I'd hazard a guess that enough of them were to make it a reality.

You do know Turnbull tried to get Labor preselection before he joined the Liberals? Hes not and never had been a Liberal and has pretty successfully destroyed the party for at least the next 10 years.

Not saying its a conspiracy, just that the vitriol from Liberal voters (which Im not) is more than justified.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:19 pm

David wrote:

Quote:

Nah, they are that crazy. No room for so called moderates these days. It's now how extremist are they, that is a mtter of degree from f*cken extremist to incredibly f*cking extremist.

With Morrison in charge how long till we have intelligent design as a science in state school curricula?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 16 of 21   

Jump to: