Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The players who excelled for us in 2018

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:07 am
Post subject: The players who excelled for us in 2018Reply with quote

For those of you who are interested, team statistical summaries are available for the whole of the home and away season: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/2018.html#4

Some highlights:

Disposals: Sidey 651, Pendles 584, Phillips 568, Crisp 511, Adams 503, Grundy 458, Treloar 404, TFC 378, Josh Thomas 368, Maynard 339.

Clearances: Grundy 121, Adams 116, Pendles 111, Sidey 83, Treloar 65, Phillips 50, Thomas 41, Crisp 39, JDG 35, Sier 26.

Contested possessions: Grundy 278, Adams 243, Pendles 229, Sidey 217, Crisp 182, Phillips 172, Thomas 149, Treloar 146, TFC 142, Cox 124.

Goals: WHE 39, JDG 36, Thomas 35, Stevo 34, Cek 23, Cox 20, Phillips 15, Sidey 12, Treloar 11, Pendles 9.

Goal assists: WHE 16, Crisp 15, Pendles 15, JDG 14, Sidey 13, Adams 13, Phillips 12, Treloar 11, Varcoe 11, Stevo 10

Hitouts: Guess Who 847, Cox 145, Cek 3.

Marks: Phillips 129, Howe 126, WHE 111, Crisp 111, Scharenberg 106, Sidey 105, TFC 98, Cox 96, Mayne 88, Stevo 87

Marks inside 50: WHE 44, Cox 33, JDG 33, Stevo 26, Thomas 18, Cek 16, Mayne 10, Crocker 9, Reid 9, Sidey 8.

Contested marks: Cox 49, Grundy 29, Howe 25, Cek 17, Scharenberg 16, TFC 14, WHE 14, JDG 14, Crisp 11, Reid 7.

Tackles: Pendles 124, Grundy 116, Adams 93, Sidey 84, Crisp 79, Maynard 76, Thomas 66, Stevo 65, Treloar 63, TFC 50.

Inside 50s: Sidey 95, Pendles 83, Crisp 81, Adams 71, Thomas 68, Treloar 66, JDG 65, Phillips 65, Grundy 56, Stevo 54.

1%: TFC 91, Scharenberg 86, Howe 83, Dunn 73, Cox 66, Crisp 61, Grundy 57, Sidey 47, Maynard 46, Pendles 41.

Rebound 50s: Howe 85, Crisp 61, TFC 60, Maynard 60, Phillips 53, Scharenberg 51, Dunn 50, Murray 47, Pendles 36, Sidey 35.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, the boy Phillips can play 😉
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:01 am

It looks to me like we need WHE right to have any prospect of going all the way. Most goals, most goal assists, most marks inside 50. Fine season from a player who has previously struggled for consistency.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:26 am

^He's been down recently too. Hope the week off gives him back his spring in his step
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:04 pm

While he only appears in one of those categories (clearances 26), I think Sier is the one who is going to have a big impact in these finals.
He's played just 8 games, but to me, looks like the most natural player out there this last month.
He goes in hard, uses it well, tackles like a bull (is yet to give away a free kick too) and is cool under pressure.

I love this bloke!

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:27 pm

Skids wrote:
While he only appears in one of those categories (clearances 26), I think Sier is the one who is going to have a big impact in these finals.
He's played just 8 games, but to me, looks like the most natural player out there this last month.
He goes in hard, uses it well, tackles like a bull (is yet to give away a free kick too) and is cool under pressure.

I love this bloke!

He is my man crush too!!
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:50 pm

Skids wrote:

I love this bloke!

Yep - his composure has been a stand out to me. Reminds me a lot of Greg Diesel Williams.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:54 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Reminds me a lot of Greg Diesel Williams.

Sier can kick more than 30 metres!

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:00 pm

How good is Treloar?
Missed 8 games but is still in our best for; Disposals, Clearances, Contested Possessions, Goals, Goal Assists, Tackles and Inside 50s.
Get fit Ads !!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:26 pm

sixpoints wrote:
How good is Treloar?
Missed 8 games but is still in our best for; Disposals, Clearances, Contested Possessions, Goals, Goal Assists, Tackles and Inside 50s.
Get fit Ads !!

FWIW, I thought he was playing by far his best season for us when he got hurt. Putting aside the stats, he was damaging opponents, rather than just racking up possessions. His loss has been extremely problematic for us. In particular, his extreme pace meant that opponents had to set up more defensively, so they could cover him if he broke out with the ball. Sidey and Pendles, for all their brilliance, and Adams, Phillips and Sier etc don’t have line breaking speed, so teams don’t have to be as concerned about us getting away from stoppages with Treloar out.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:50 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
sixpoints wrote:
How good is Treloar?
Get fit Ads !!

FWIW, I thought he was playing by far his best season for us when he got hurt. Putting aside the stats, he was damaging opponents, rather than just racking up possessions. His loss has been extremely problematic for us. In particular, his extreme pace meant that opponents had to set up more defensively, so they could cover him if he broke out with the ball. Sidey and Pendles, for all their brilliance, and Adams, Phillips and Sier etc don’t have line breaking speed, so teams don’t have to be as concerned about us getting away from stoppages with Treloar out.

Exactly.

He has to be a huge chance to play doesn't he?

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-06-26/walsh-explains-treloars-hamstring-injuries

12 weeks it will be since the op on his left hammy, his right no issue.
Been training for close to a month, what a bonus it would be!

Gee, look at Cox in those Stats! To be in front of ;Sidey, Pendles, Maynard, Crisp & Grundy in 1%'s, Leading the contested marks and in the top 10 for contested possessions, chuck in 20 goals.... boy oh boy, woooweee Cool

Last edited by Skids on Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:55 pm

Thanks for sharing those P4S
We've certainly had a few players excel this season
Sidey and Grundy are obvious standouts
But for mine we've had a very good spread of the work load across every line
Scharenberg who has missed a few weeks is still just about our best defender on those stats. He appears in nearly every category for defenders and is near top in each despite the games he's missed. If he had stayed on the paddock no doubts he would have been top of the charts for the defenders. But given he's only played about 25 games in his career to be so consistent across so many state shows why he was pick 6. Let's hope he can over come this latest setback and go on to play a couple hundred more games
If WHE finds form in the finals he appears our ace in the pack. He's been off a little of late but hopefully he comes into his own in September
Trelaor and Pendles have also had good seasons

Stephenson should be a unbackable favourite for the rising star
4 players named in the prelim AA squad could have been 6 if Treloar and Scharenberg hadn't been injured. Can't remember last time we had that many players in consideration
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:20 pm

i was half expecting this to be a thinly veiled attempt at promoting discussion about your love child, the future collingwood captain. Wink
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:27 pm

John Wren wrote:
i was half expecting this to be a thinly veiled attempt at promoting discussion about your love child, the future collingwood captain. Wink

If Langdon is our future captain, when are we trading to get Ed Langdon? Wink

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:51 pm

Skids wrote:

I love this bloke!

How good was he in the last qtr against Freo. Clearances huge but Alison his ability to get his arms free when tackled.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: