Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BazBoy wrote:
Nine news. Checkers on crutches
Scans to come

Nooooo!
K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:58 pm

^ I couldn't recall whether it's the same ankle that he rolled last time. Anyone know?
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Oh FFS.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

You are close to winning a free cactus suppository for being the most prickly arsehole on Nicks.

Hehehe

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:31 pm

I must admit some of Treloar's kicks across the body last night reminded of McGuane after he had that jab in the groin.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:52 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I must admit some of Treloar's kicks across the body last night reminded of McGuane after he had that jab in the groin.

That was when he did elect to kick. Most times he chose to handball rather than kick which was a sign that he probably didn't want to stretch himself. He was well off. Hasn't the confidence or fitness for finals football ATM which is a shame cos his run and carry is exactly what we need. Hopefully he pulled up OK and plays better this week.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:55 pm

Disappointing to lose given how close we got. It was a great effort and if a few things had gone our way (Kennedy goaling from a non mark in the last; Eagles first goal coming from Vardy after clearly pushing Grundy in the back at a throw in; Cox dropping a mark in the last with McGovern making front on contact) we could have got there. Didn't make enough of our chances in the third, should have been a further goal or two up and that would likely have been enough.

They won it fairly though after outplaying us in the last. Momentum seemed to shift when Adams went off, but however it happened they finally got on top in the middle after we'd dominated them. After all the concern about their tall forwards, they didn't have a great impact. As expected the battle came down to the midfield. Their tall defenders were more of a worry than their forwards.

I think pretty much all of our players did as we'd expect or want. I was slightly disappointed that JDG couldn't have had more impact. We really needed Cox to hold one or two of those marks in the 50, but it's not as if his not holding on was a surprise; he did his job of providing a target and we'd have struggled much more without him. WHE couldn't get a hold of the ball up forward, but had a very good second half after moving up the ground. Howe and Treloar were rusty as expected and their disposal was poor, but they still had a positive influence.

Hopefully we recover well and put in as strong a performance against the Giants.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:10 am

Interesting to note: that goal Jetta kicked to put them in front was his first the year. Nice timing mate Mad
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:08 am

think positive wrote:
Jezza wrote:
tbaker wrote:
^ Well said. Didn't hear the booing of Varcoe on the TV - please elaborate...

Neither did I.

However, they booed Adams off the ground when it appeared he was concussed and in a daze. $£$%^%%$ disgraceful behaviour from the Eagles supporters.

I’m not sure what happened, I heard boos and then a bunch of guys behind me were yelling how dare you boo Varcoe, your a bloody disgrace. My daughter heard the boos too. It was only a few WC supporters that were ugly, but they were really ugly. The were screaming at us rather than cheering the game, two women in particular! I really wanted done one to slug the, both! But the crowd down the side of the run were feral, and every time the scored most were looking back at us! All we did was cheer loudly when we got a goal. Or a free kick!

TP, Jo, onya Coach, your a Pies fan legend in your own right. ! I agree with your other post having a real go at a few negative types on here, I wont call em fans, it shits me how our boys busted their guts, had no luck, but still nearly pulled it off. You put the buggers right badk in their boxes, well said indeed, im tired of those types too. Just on the booing, we could clearly here it on tele, adams got concussed a bit and they booed him, what utter flogs, and to boo poor Travis is way, way outa line, fcking disgusting wankers those bastards. !!! Onto next week, we wont go out in straight sets, no way Jose, send those Giants packing,there win was only against an ageing, cooked swans team, that fell into the finals. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
daicos35 Leo

Is é an Phríomhroinn linne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:30 am

DT wrote:
Few thoughts on the game and some comments on this board:

Cox - his role is to bring the ball to ground and create an aerial contest. Did he do this? Yes, he played his role. Did he take marks and kick goals? No, not this week but he made a big difference. Agree that he will need to improve but like many others it was his first final

Mayne - played his role to a tea - hats off

Aish - very impressive and quite influential off half back - in our top 1

Sier - this kid is a budding star - already very good

Maynard - excellent - in hindsight should we have put him in the middle in the last quarter when Eagles were dominantly??

Grundy - he is our best player and do I was disappointed in his game. I think he will learn but if we want to win finals he needs to exert more influence over games. Not enough marks and not many clean disposals.

I won’t go through a lot of the others as they have been covered.

It was a brilliant effort but the Eagles smashed us in the last. Interesting to see how we go against the Giants.

Massive fail to the rigged cheating scumbags at AFL House for their putrid fixturing of the finals - they have now created a rod for their own back

Just an amazing game to be at. Brilliant comeback by the boys after a flat first quarter. Professional and focussed, 100% effort and application. BUT the AFL let Collingwood down with the atrocious decision to unnecessarily schedule the game so late. The degree of difficulty was NO reward for a top 4 finish. It's 2 hours behind over here. That's body clocks at 10:30pm at the START of the last quarter. With the umpiring clangers being awarded at will our boys were magnificent. Our club was magnificent.

Time to beat up the AFL's pet. Good luck to you all next week. Looking forward to hearing the Collingwood chant.... over and over

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:42 am

swooper wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Nine news. Checkers on crutches
Scans to come

Nooooo!

Hell no.
Hope to God it is nothing to stop him from playing next week.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:21 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Interesting to note: that goal Jetta kicked to put them in front was his first the year. Nice timing mate Mad

It was one of those flukey arsey goals that anyone can kick if the ball is presented to them on a plate. That one we could have got back with the time remaining in the game. The goal after that one was the one that broke us. The mark and goal from Darling was no fluke. We had no answer to him most of the night. Howe and Langdon aren’t suited to playing on a guy like Darling.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:24 am

K wrote:
^ I couldn't recall whether it's the same ankle that he rolled last time. Anyone know?

He got tangled up in the opposition’s legs so might not be the same ankle.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:24 am

^^He was very quiet for someone we had "no answer" to. Only kicked 2 goals and took 5 marks. Mihocek performed better against a supposedly superior defence.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:21 pm

None of our forwards had good games. Hopefully they will play better this week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18   

Jump to: