Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Grand Final. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
...regarding WC's marks
...and in the Round 17 game against the Pies, they took 115 marks!!
So we clearly drew lessons from that game, and so in the QF against them, we limited them to 84. I am sure that we are well focussed the necessity of stymying their marking. This in fact means precisely "playing the game on our terms", ie. ensuring that our deliveries hit targets, so that West Coast's uncontested marks are minimized and contests are maximised.

The relevance of a high mark count with the Eagles is a double whammy for them. They are also rated close to worst in the comp for ground balls, so if they don’t mark it, there is a good chance they will lose possession.
It’s easy to say man them up and go one on one with them up the ground but it’s not that easy. The moment you go one on one, they divide and separate our back six and we get out marked by their bigger forwards on most occasions.

As a team collective, this is our biggest challenge. We need to win the ball back ( or don’t give it up in the first place ) without being sucked in to going one on one with them. They will just pull our defensive structure apart if our defenders follow their decoy forwards wherever they lead to.

Yeah, i think that is right. We should not go man on man. We should simply play our game, but with the proviso that we kick accurately. TBH, I think that given all the givens (our superior midfield power, our massive capacity for tackling pressure) the only variable for concern is the quality of our delivery. If our delivery efficiency rivals what we achieved against Richmond, I cannot see how we lose this game.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Hell I am nervous. It will be hard to sleep tonight. Go Pies!!

Ditto!
ive watched the latest Jurassic park movie, stumbled around, now im editing photos that have been building up! I just cant function right now!!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:29 pm

about to watch Karate Kid

Good to see the under-appreciated underdog kick the shit outta the pompous turdknuckles from the West Coast.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:31 pm

think positive wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Ditto!
ive watched the latest Jurassic park movie, stumbled around, now im editing photos that have been building up! I just cant function right now!!

Don't try to function. Just live and breathe, Pies victory. Feel it in your fingers, smell it in your nostrils, taste it, hear it in your inner ear and see it in your minds eye! Tonight is a night for non-functioning reason, and all-embracing sensuousness. Go Pies!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:36 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
think positive wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Ditto!

Don't try to function. Just live and breathe, Pies victory. Feel it in your fingers, smell it in your nostrils, taste it, hear it in your inner ear and see it in your minds eye! Tonight is a night for non-functioning reason, and all-embracing sensuousness. Go Pies!!

lol! I can hear hubby snoring on the couch!

i think ill watch another movie!!

and have a chat to me mate Jim beam!!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:36 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
[quote="think positive"][quote="Magpietothemax"]Hell I am nervous. It will be hard to sleep tonight. Go Pies!![/quote]
Ditto!
ive watched the latest Jurassic park movie, stumbled around, now im editing photos that have been building up! I just cant function right now!![/quote]
Oops. Too much data.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:40 pm

HAL wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
think positive wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Ditto!

Oops. Too much data.

Hal, i hope you understand the difference between "sensuousness" and "sensuality".

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:06 pm

Face down in the gutter wont admit defeat...
Our boys will not lay down. Weve been plagued by injuries, critisised and not given any hope before and after injuries.. still we marched on and have done the unthinkable to the non believers. We are here. We are not going down. Side by side. We will prevail.
Love this side.. love this club
Pies tomorrow by 32 points
History awaits
GO PIES!!!!

Number 35 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:56 pm

CARN THE MIGHTY MAGPIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING HOME SWEET 16

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:14 pm

Relax. Believe. We have the team. If these players don’t make you feel better, nothing will: Grundy, Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Treloar, Adams, Sier, DeGoey, Crisp, Maynard, Hoskin-Elliott, Phillips, Greenwood, Thomas...

Pies comfortably.

You’re welcome.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:14 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Moore's reportedly shattered, but that's what happens when you hold out on a contract all year despite barely playing because of injury. If he'd signed, he'd be playing in a Grand Final. Should have signed 2 years, son. I'm pretty sure his manager got the message loud and clear.

who reported this? Name your sauce or GTFO

In fact, the source was actually Nathan Buckley himself. The words: "Darcy was shattered that time had run out for him, that he was unable to prove his capacity to get through an entire game of footy...Reidy's a bit different, he's been up and about for the last couple of weeks, he's been training well, we would be confident taking him into a game, but we're pretty happy with our mix as it stands."

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Relax. Believe. We have the team. If these players don’t make you feel better, nothing will: Grundy, Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Treloar, Adams, Sier, DeGoey, Crisp, Maynard, Hoskin-Elliott, Phillips, Greenwood, Thomas...

Pies comfortably.

You’re welcome.

Thanks

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:49 pm

Everyone over there is talking about how they beat us at the G in Rnd 17.

After qtr time it was all uncontested crap. That won’t happen tomorrow.

Win the contested ball.
Win the ground ball.
Tackle the &@$$ till they are ready to head back to Tullamarine.

The rest will take care of itself.

DO US PROUD BOYS

(I am nervous as hell)

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:00 am

Unless you’re Hawthorn, uncontested keepings off does not work in Grand Finals. If we take away the easy switch kicks across HB and spot up kicks to the wing, they’ll panic and we’ll do what we did to Richmond.

Look for Sier to be managed through the game to give us drive in the final quarter (although by then we’ll probably be up by 35 points).

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:43 am

BazBoy wrote:
480 BC and King Leonidas told his 300 Spartan s was heard to say

“This is where we fight
This is where they die”

King Leonidas, also said, when told so many thousands of arrows would be fired on the Spartans, "they will block out the Sun" he calmly replied, THEN WE WILL FIGHT IN THE SHADE. !!

THIS is it Magpies, do it for Bucks, the fans, yourselves, and Varcoe, JUST DO IT, BRING IT HOME. !!!!!!!!! GO PIES !!!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Page 46 of 46   

Jump to: