Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rumour: Alex Fasolo to Carlton (Free Agent)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:29 pm
Post subject: Re: Rumour: Faz to CarltonReply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Not surprised he wants opportunity. A bit surprised about destination.

http://twitter.com/sam_mcclure/status/1028912917238841344

“A deal for Fasolo is likely to be for three years for an approximate total of one million dollars, meaning the forward would be earning approximately the average annual AFL salary.

As a free agent, Collingwood would be compensated for Fasolo’s departure. The Magpies would likely receive a third round pick if he decide to leave the club.”

And here is the secret herbs and spices article: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-afl-s-secret-formula-for-free-agency-compensation-20180221-p4z16j.html

M M, can you please confirm ( or not ) that if we’re to bring a ( restricted ? ) free agent onto our list for 2019 and in turn, Faz left under free agency, then we would no longer be entitled to any compensation pick for Faz ??
I don’t think we do benefit in this scenario but I’m not sure if it changes depending on restricted F A or full F A

Thanks in advance
Cheers

I will double-check, but my recollection is that you end up with a net position after all the ins and outs.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

“A deal for Fasolo is likely to be for three years for an approximate total of one million dollars, meaning the forward would be earning approximately the average annual AFL salary.

As a free agent, Collingwood would be compensated for Fasolo’s departure. The Magpies would likely receive a third round pick if he decide to leave the club.”

And here is the secret herbs and spices article: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-afl-s-secret-formula-for-free-agency-compensation-20180221-p4z16j.html

M M, can you please confirm ( or not ) that if we’re to bring a ( restricted ? ) free agent onto our list for 2019 and in turn, Faz left under free agency, then we would no longer be entitled to any compensation pick for Faz ??
I don’t think we do benefit in this scenario but I’m not sure if it changes depending on restricted F A or full F A

Thanks in advance
Cheers

I will double-check, but my recollection is that you end up with a net position after all the ins and outs.

See here under “compensation”: http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency

Posted the secret formula article in the OP.

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Double-check if you must, MM, but don't double-post. (And don't drink and drive.)
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Pies2016 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Thanks in advance
Cheers

Pretty sure the rules are if you lose a FA (restricted or otherwise) and pick one up you don't get a compensation pick. You need to have a net loss via FA to get compensation.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

He’ll be as successful as Peter McKenna, Mick McGuane. Dale Thomas, Trent Horton, Cameron Cloke and any other Collingwood player who has
Moved to the arch enemy.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:34 pm

One of those had a better career at carlton, and you misspelled his name. Razz Wink
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:35 pm

K wrote:
^ Double-check if you must, MM, but don't double-post. (And don't drink and drive.)
Very Happy
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:35 pm

K wrote:
Very Happy
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:43 pm

He no longer fits into our structures so good move to move him onto Carlton where he'll get a regular game.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Thanks in advance
Cheers

Pretty sure the rules are if you lose a FA (restricted or otherwise) and pick one up you don't get a compensation pick. You need to have a net loss via FA to get compensation.

Cheers Stui. Seems like M M, you and I all think the same on this one.
Cant see any Faz compensation stopping us from chasing a F A if it means we only miss out on a third rounder.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:57 pm

The only FA we're chasing is Lynch and Richmond is the front runner, so I don't think we risk losing a compensation pick we get for moving Faz on.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Oh, FA we're chasing is.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:33 pm

Mid to late 40's compo pick will help us with the points needed for Quaynor/Kelly. Win for the Pies.

All the best for The Faz who made me happy and frustrated, in equal measure, in his time in black and white.

Played 100 games plus for our club- respect.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:33 pm

Not a Massive Loss
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
One of those had a better career at carlton, and you misspelled his name. Razz Wink

Sorry Hotton.... and only because he stole our playbook.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: