Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. Pies pipped in GF thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nearly 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just about 48 hours gone and still feeling the daggers of ‘What if this?’, ‘What if that?’.

But they’re ever so slowly becoming less frequent. So, light at the end of the tunnel.

My initial concern was ‘How do the boys recover? So, if we are in a GF again with this group how do they not be influenced by this one and play not to lose, but to win’.

Then I remembered we have the best club structure in the land and that ^^^ kind of stuff will be recognised and dealt with by specialty sports psychologists if need be. The players will be ok. it’s us supporters that need to manage on our own.

Then I thought: ‘would I have preferred to go down last week and not endure this?”

No way! I like it when I get to see Collingwood play EVERY week.

Thank you boys, and NCB, and the coaching staff, and Eddie, and the entire team, for letting me see Collingwood play all the way to the last game of the year.

PS. That poster that keeps writing off Pendles, you have no place on here.
58pie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Sorry for those that find this loss too much. My Mother saw more GF than anyone here including 1927-30. Overall the Pies has played in 42 GF won 15. Essendon played in 30 and lost 14. Tigers played in 23 and lost 12. So we get more bang for our buck(s). Gee, if not hearing that Yellow and Black song at the prelim hasnt made your year you are in a sad state. Move to Mexico or somewhere else that hasn't heard of AFL but you will still end up watching it live on watchafl.com. My Mum got more of a thrill out of 1990 32 years after her last Collingwood premiership. We are Collingwood and we are the best and no other team comes even close. Adam Simpsons team took 4 years of finals to get here (and lucky they were). We wont have to wait as long as my Mum after what we have seen in 2018. Go Pies

Last edited by 58pie on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nearly 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:03 pm

58pie wrote:
Sorry for those that find this loss too much. My Mother saw more GF than anyone here including 1927-30. Overall the Pies has played in 42 GF won 15. Essendon played in 30 and lost 14. Tigers played in 23 and lost 12. So we get more bang for our buck(s). Gee, if not hearing that Yellow and Black song at the prelim hasnt made your year you are in a sad state. Move to Mexico or somewhere else that hasn't heard of AFL but you will still end up watching it live on watchafl.com. My Mum got more of a thrill out of 1990 42 years after her last Collingwood premiership. We are Collingwood and we are the best and no other team comes even close. Adam Simpsons team took 4 years of finals to get here (and lucky they were). We wont have to wait as long as my Mum after what we have seen in 2018. Go Pies

Nice post mate. With you.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:18 pm

We kicked 11 goals 8 behinds.....we actually kicked decently straight Razz

we kicked straighter then west coast Smile
always look on the brigher side. PLUS we got a bigger ground at the GF then Richmond did last year Smile
Ads7 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:00 pm

In case anyone is interested. I signed it because: why not. I’m still hurting like the rest of the Pies’ faithful.

https://www.change.org/p/australian-football-league-afl-to-review-the-umpiring-that-cost-collingwood-the-premiership-and-to-reverse-the-result Sad
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:04 pm

Ads7 wrote:
In case anyone is interested. I signed it because: why not. I’m still hurting like the rest of the Pies’ faithful.

https://www.change.org/p/australian-football-league-afl-to-review-the-umpiring-that-cost-collingwood-the-premiership-and-to-reverse-the-result Sad

I expect that will work. Let me know when the Cup will be re-presented.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:05 pm

Article re the above here: https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/west-coast-eagles/afl-grand-final-2018-collingwood-petitions-afl-to-reverse-west-coasts-win-over-umpire-bias-ng-b88978103z
Ads7 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Ads7 wrote:

I expect that will work. Let me know when the Cup will be re-presented.

Laughing better tell the boys to cancel their holiday plans and get back to training for the re-match
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:18 pm

Come on now, we're fast becoming the Adelaide dude - RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!

We lost, our mid-field was down, it should not have gotten to that point, we should've taken out McGovern when we had the chance earlier, test those ribs, get fkn angry!
It was his mark in the back line that got the ball rolling...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:56 pm

What the hell, signed!
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:56 pm

It has taken me until now to be able to post.
Our brave team were less than two minutes and only 5 points from a premiership. How outstanding if all of us were honest about what we expected of them going into season 2018.
Whata red hot go for the grand final, a tragic loss and despite knowing I will be shouted down a result that was tainted by umpriring that perhaps cost us the game.
I am so very proud of our team. They gave it their all against all odds.
I think 2019 will be a memorable season.
Go you mighty magpies. So much upside, very little downside.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:01 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Come on now, we're fast becoming the Adelaide dude - RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!

We lost, our mid-field was down, it should not have gotten to that point, we should've taken out McGovern when we had the chance earlier, test those ribs, get fkn angry!
It was his mark in the back line that got the ball rolling...

Agreed we shoud have smashed him straight away! too nice

www.facebook/the hybernators
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:52 am

Well folks I'm safely back in Queensland and haven't posted since that horrible day last Saturday
I felt it prudent to spend a couple days devoting time to the good wife before her sense of humour completely left her
Well the game what can you say that hasn't already been said ?

Firstly 2018 was a hell of a ride
Who would have thought after round 1 we would have been in the GF ?

I'm proud of the club and players we got the chance to win a flag 16 other clubs didn't

Games are made up of many "moments" and we lost too many of those
Our strength was our midfield "supposedly" but that was taken away from us
There strength was there intercept marking and we didn't take that away from them
You should never lose a game from 5 goals up let alone a GF but we found a way

Our midfield and particularly our leaders had days to forget (exclude Adams he was brilliant)
Sidey new he would be tagged had days to plan for it and still couldn't find a way to even be the slightest way effective. For all his September heroics this is the game that defines him. He's always struggled with a tag but for him to be so completely and utterly shut down whilst his opponent was still achieving his seasons averages in disposals and other markers. The truely greats can overcome such adversity. There's now a blueprint for every coach out there send a ordinary player to Sidey tag him hard and Sidey will be ineffective completely.
Pendles was so far from being anywhere near his best it was ridiculous. I don't know whether his illness prior to the finals played a part but for whatever reason he didn't get into the game

At 31-2 up I was sitting between a pies supporter and a weagles supporter
To say there respective moods was polar opposites would be a under statement
Enter Langdon and his feeble attempt not no knock a ball over the line from 6 inches out. A simple play generally but some how he managed to knock it into the path of a eagle who then managed to ankle kick a goal
That single moment turned the momentum of the entire game
It didn't cost us the game there were other moments but that error gave them momentum which we struggled to get back the remainder of the day
From 29 points up and in complete control to have it back to 17 points at the break and them all of sudden in control
I'll agree with others here there were many ordinary and bugling umpiring decisions even the west coast supporter next to me commented a few times wow we're getting the rub of the green here
Season 2018 over season 2019 planning begins with quite a few questions about our list still to be decided
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:40 am

Gawd you're so $£$%^%%$ predictable
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:02 am

Almost everyone who voted in the GB Medal thread gave Langdon votes and about half (not including me) rated him as our best on the day. Even the coaches agreed that he was Collingwood’s best defender - and best player after Adams on the day. He starred for us throughout the finals. You’d think he might be the sort of versatile player we’d try to build our backline around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 28 of 31   

Jump to: