Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Luck, superstition, curses and such

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:31 pm
Post subject: Luck, superstition, curses and suchReply with quote

Do Hawthorn supporters b!tch and moan about how they won't be back? How it's the end? How their list is too old? No, they sit around, get on with their lives and know, KNOW!, that their team will contend again next year. "There's always next year!" is a reality for them. A REALITY!

Now I watched 77-79-80-81 but 'luckily' only felt the last three. This loss yesterday hurts today, yes.

BUT

How about we throw out this superstition rubbish, coz it does nothing.
How about we throw out luck? Ask S Milne about 'luck'.

Steve Waugh nailed it '...we all have good and bad luck, but it is what you do with that or how you decide to turn around those bad pieces of luck into good luck. Truly, it is about your attitude – whether you are up for the battle, whether you can recover for the next day after having a bad day, whether you can see opportunities, whether you can open opportunities and whether you are prepared to fail in order to succeed. You have to put yourself out there. if you want to win, sometimes, you have to take some risk. I think the people who do that, who have a go, they attract good luck because they are positive and have good body language and positive things happen. Whereas, conversely, if you've got a negative mindset, if you are pretty down about things, you block yourself of the opportunities and everything seems to go against you. "

Lose the fng entitlement focus "Oh I hate my club because I DESERVED them to win so I could glory and feel good about things MYSELF."

Don't get bitter, get better.

You don't get better by burying deficiencies. You don't get better by wallowing in self-pity, self-entitlement, self-loathing. You get better by identifying, giving time for emotional release, then boxing it up as experience and moving on.

Participation awards, its true, are useless guides to self-worth and rarely bring confidence. Everyone knows this except the perennial losers [or well meaning compassionate people] that have changed the systems to ensure no-one misses out [at a certain level of reward]. The real tests lie when you compete, and not participate, and no-one [of any generation] mistakes the rewards of competition for the those of the latter.

Recover, review, reveal, restock, recalibrate and reattempt.

And let's bring it home in 2019. [and leave the curses for those who want supernatural excuses for natural events that we can influence by our actions]

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, they harder they train in the pre season, the luckier they will all get.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:55 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Yep, they harder they train in the pre season, the luckier they will all get.

No, it’s the smarter, not harder, they train.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:23 pm

The team is only learning its powers and mark my words IMHO there will be no going back into dark days

A tweek or two at recruitment over the summer and we will be back better than ever

I for one don’t intend to wallow in what could have been cos it’s happened
We can’t change it—-but we can learn and from that knowledge grow stronger and better

We got up dusted off ready to go again folks

Belief the players had so to respect that I will believe in a bright future

Love my club as you all do

swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:22 pm
Post subject: Re: Luck, superstition, curses and suchReply with quote

Cam wrote:
Do Hawthorn supporters b!tch and moan about how they won't be back? How it's the end? How their list is too old? No, they sit around, get on with their lives and know, KNOW!, that their team will contend again next year. "There's always next year!" is a reality for them. A REALITY!

Now I watched 77-79-80-81 but 'luckily' only felt the last three. This loss yesterday hurts today, yes.

BUT

Steve Waugh nailed it '...we all have good and bad luck, but it is what you do with that or how you decide to turn around those bad pieces of luck into good luck. Truly, it is about your attitude – whether you are up for the battle, whether you can recover for the next day after having a bad day, whether you can see opportunities, whether you can open opportunities and whether you are prepared to fail in order to succeed. You have to put yourself out there. if you want to win, sometimes, you have to take some risk. I think the people who do that, who have a go, they attract good luck because they are positive and have good body language and positive things happen. Whereas, conversely, if you've got a negative mindset, if you are pretty down about things, you block yourself of the opportunities and everything seems to go against you. "

Lose the fng entitlement focus "Oh I hate my club because I DESERVED them to win so I could glory and feel good about things MYSELF."

You don't get better by burying deficiencies. You don't get better by wallowing in self-pity, self-entitlement, self-loathing. You get better by identifying, giving time for emotional release, then boxing it up as experience and moving on.

Participation awards, its true, are useless guides to self-worth and rarely bring confidence. Everyone knows this except the perennial losers [or well meaning compassionate people] that have changed the systems to ensure no-one misses out [at a certain level of reward]. The real tests lie when you compete, and not participate, and no-one [of any generation] mistakes the rewards of competition for the those of the latter.

And let's bring it home in 2019. [and leave the curses for those who want supernatural excuses for natural events that we can influence by our actions]

Where’s the like button? Well said
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:32 pm

It does beg the question though, why we have come 2nd 27 times now.

I am not religious, superstitious or whatever, but boy this club hurts its supporters a hell of lot.

I have lived through every 2nd since the 1970 debacle.

It will never get easy.

2 bloody premierships in 60 years now. diabolical.

Weagles have won 4 since 1987, Hawks have 13 premierships since 1961.

I hope its not 2030 before our next one?

I honestly dont know how we have remained such a strongly supported club in recent years.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:09 pm

Cam wrote:

I realize what Hawk people do is not the main point of your post... but did not Hawthorn appear in 8 GFs in the 80s, winning 4 premierships, plus two Brownlows? And for that decade of dominance, did not their supporters reward them so wonderfully that, on the verge of bankruptcy, they almost had to merge at the end of it with that other club based in a wealthy suburb, saved only by Don Scott's theatric shredding of a putative jumper?
Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:11 pm

swooper wrote:
Cam wrote:

BUT

Where’s the like button? Well said

Ditto

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:14 pm

You wanna know why HAW gets the job done?

#freekickhawthorn

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:25 pm

Yeah, well said (and written), Cam
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:57 pm

Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:51 pm

Well said Cam.

Its tactical, however Teams needs to make hard decisions sometimes.

Hawthorn has a good history of configurating a team, and swapping pieces for better or more valuable ones.

I suggest Pendlebury needs to release captaincy ( for the better ) or possibly be considered in a trade ( if it benifits the team ) and then people go apeshit.

Hawthorn move on players Ruthlessly. Nobody is bigger than the club.

In this situation, Hawthorn would move on Pendlebury like they did to Lewis. For the better of the Club.

Our fans want Birthdays but they want to Eat the Cake too.

I hope that Collingwood considers ALL possible scenarios than can better the team over the off-season.

As you said ' You get better by identifying '

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:59 pm

We get it, you think Pendelbury is useless now.

Move on.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:03 pm

Superstitions, Colliwobbles, Luck, God hates us, whatever it is.....we have to remove the word cakewalk from our song. Because premierships are NOT a cakewalk for Collingwood.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:44 pm

Cam wrote:

BUT

Move over Tony Robbins! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10   

Jump to: