Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Have you watched the GF replay yet? Why and why not?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you watched the GF replay yet?
Yes
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 17 ]
I haven't yet but I will
14%
 14%  [ 15 ]
I haven't yet and I won't
57%
 57%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 101

melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

rad wrote:
I listener to the Kobe Bryant podcast and he said he watched every single game in entirety to review it. They play 3 games per week. He spoke about a female basketballer that lost a championship and she didn’t watch the game. He advised her to watch it with him to take the learnings. She learned sooo much from the review and she as ready to not repeat the mistakes and saw some openings for next time the teams meet.

Kobe said watching the games made him feel as if the actual game was a movie that he directed. He could see it all unfolding.

I hope I don’t hear our players say they didn’t watch the game.

I rewatched the final quarter a few times to find the moments that cost us. I was at the game so you do miss events when the ball is on the other side.

I’m not naming names but I could count at least 5 moments that cost us goals and the match in the end. Moments where we had the ball and cocked it up and got punished for it. I thought it was important for me to analyse the game.

Agree. I took a similar approach. Umpires and our play. Umps cost us just as much as our own mistakes. Both luck and ups wentry against us .

But had we done a few things better, we could have had a 1.3 goal lead with 4 min to play.

Bux was right when he said we lost our dare. We needed to take some risk out of the back line in the 2nd half. Too often we went up the line.

We also ran out of legs. Maynard, Thomas were injured. Siddey and Grundy got beaten. Pendles had less impact.

The patch of play locked in our f50 with 7mins to go was epic. We had about 4 snaps at goal and 3 were smothered and 1 on the full. All from 15m out. This is where we missed our opportunity. We have been good previously with some quick hands to release a player. Instead we threw it on the boot.

The Adams OOF was a banana attempt. Should have been a left foot hook snap. I am always critical of pros not using opposite foot in these circumstances. It is a higher % kick.

Ohhh well.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 am

rad wrote:
I listener to the Kobe Bryant podcast and he said he watched every single game in entirety to review it. They play 3 games per week. ...

... I thought it was important for me to analyse the game.

That doesn't mean long-suffering fans have to re-watch it, though.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:33 pm

K wrote:
rad wrote:
I listener to the Kobe Bryant podcast and he said he watched every single game in entirety to review it. They play 3 games per week. ...

this 100 times over

someone just asked me if i want a copy for my birthday? yeah hon, only if you dont mind it shoved up an orifice sideways!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:53 pm

think positive wrote:
K wrote:
rad wrote:

this 100 times over

someone just asked me if i want a copy for my birthday? yeah hon, only if you dont mind it shoved up an orifice sideways!

T P, I bet that nitwit barracks for, oh don't tell me, ummm…. Essendon or Caaaaaarlton ????? Surprised Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
K wrote:
rad wrote:

this 100 times over

T P, I bet that nitwit barracks for, oh don't tell me, ummm…. Essendon or Caaaaaarlton ????? Surprised Rolling Eyes

even more pathetic, bullfuckindogs

Larabee 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:11 pm

Nope
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:58 pm

I will never watch this, It still hurts.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:08 pm

I'm getting closer. Watched the prelim for the first time the other night. As the ache lessens, the likeliehood increases.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Have watched the last five minutes about five times.

Leaving aside umpire interpretations, for me, the crucial, defining moment was our last inside 50 from Treloar. He crumbs the ball off a pack and kicks forward on his left because Hoskin-Elliott fails to block Cripps' progress toward Treloar.

A half-decent block or shepherd there allows Treloar time and space to get on his right and carry the McGovern pack and hit up De Goey who has no-one between him and the goal. If De Goey goals, we are 8 points up with 2-00 to play.

Wont be watching it again.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:45 pm

Yeah that does t ease it!

Personally it’s getting worse!

My FIL has dementia, today I sat with him for 58 min, his mind goes in circles, some times he doesn’t talk, but when he does he asks the same questions every 15 min, after thrice answering ‘do you have finals tickets?’ I left just before the next round! Ugh. If I lie it will be the only thing he remembers for the rest of the year!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:51 pm

I'm in the middle of my final uni exams, so I haven't really had much time to reflect on the game as much as I thought I would.

It will probably dawn on me when I'm finished and I plan to re-watch the game in its entirety.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:04 am

Im not over the loss, it grinds me bad, I know we probably over achieved a bit and all that, I get it, but bloody hell, it hurts, Grannies are so so hard to make, and we had it, in the palm of our hands, with two mins to go. sigh.

No, I wont ever watch that game, ever. For eternity and beyond. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:29 am

warburton lad wrote:
Have watched the last five minutes about five times.

Leaving aside umpire interpretations, for me, the crucial, defining moment was our last inside 50 from Treloar. He crumbs the ball off a pack and kicks forward on his left because Hoskin-Elliott fails to block Cripps' progress toward Treloar.

A half-decent block or shepherd there allows Treloar time and space to get on his right and carry the McGovern pack and hit up De Goey who has no-one between him and the goal...

Or AT could have handballed over Cripps to WHE in space, right? WHE could then have run to 55 with ball in hand.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:58 am

Nope nope and nope! No way I want to watch it, I don't want to curl up in a fetal position again!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:00 am

Ahem. Blimey. Me either. Gosh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11   

Jump to: