Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

0 Trade Days Left. Where we're at.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:11 am
Post subject: 0 Trade Days Left. Where we're at.Reply with quote

So the first week of the trade period is over. Now we have one day left.

Players lost:
Alex Fasolo. Compo pick 57 received.

Expected Delisting:
Jarryd Blair.
Kayle Kirby (Confirmed?).

What the hell man?:
Sam Murray. It seems that we're unsure whats going on with him and this ASADA case? Will he be delisted? Re rookied? Or will he remain on the primary list? We'll have to wait and see, but what a pain.

See you in 2019?:
Tyson Goldsack.
Levi Greenwood.
Josh Daicos

And of course the seven pies now confirmed.

Maybe wont see you in 2019?:
Josh Smith
Adam Oxley
Sam McLarty?
Is Crocker a player we may look to trade?

Players we've been linked to:
Jordan Roughead. It's expected this will happen very soon.

Josh Bruce/Jack Lonie. I dont know what we'd need to give back in return? Havent heard of any of out players wanting to go St Kildas way. Sounding like this one is dead.

Jake Kelly. Strong rumours connected as a part of a Langdon trade. Things have now gone quiet. Could another player or some late picks get it done?

Dayne Beams. Waiting for the Lions to accept a deal.

Steven May. Someone is holding all the cards here. Is he going to choose Melbourne or Collingwood? Maybe he'll stay a Sun? What's going on? Someone? Anyone??

If May picks Melbourne/Stays a Sun:
Robbie Tarrant. Give North next years first rounder. Or at least give them something to think about. This just isnt going to happen now. If May picks the Dees, then we've got Roughead and might opt for Kelly.

Rookie Draft Ideas:
Aaron Mullet. I think he's got something. Would replace Murray as a depth player.
Brendan Goddard. It's really not that bad of an idea. He's desperate to win and as a rookie, he'd provide us with some impressive depth.

Who I'd Love To Draft:
Riley Collier-Dawkins. This is why I want to hold on to pick 18. In the hope he's still around at that pick, would love to get him. Not going to happen now. Pick 18 is on the move. He'll be well gone before our first pick.

Will Kelly and Issac Quaynor. Future backline. With links to the club, hopefully no one bids too early and we'll land both.

Last edited by Presti35 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collier Dawkins...

Some relation perhaps?

I think the MOST important thing for Collingwood is NOT to lose Collingwood players. What these guys went through this year has created the kind of culture we haven't seen since 2007-2011, maybe bigger as far as the actual players are concerned, they really are good mates with a genuine love for each other. Too many people don't get how big a factor that was this year.

Probably the same people who thought that pick 56 was a fair deal for Faz. No fkn CLUE how good he is AND what he means to the side.

We need to get Tom Jok from the Magoos & look very hard at Marty Hore, before someone else does.

And make certain of Quaynor, Kelly & Bosenavulagi.

We really don't need any more, seriously! Not to say we shouldn't look though.
But I think I liked it better when we were being accused of stealing every player!

Q. How many spots do we have in Seniors & Rookies?
What are total allowed, & how many vacancies do we have NOW?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:14 am

Can some one inform me what the procedure is once 5 pm October 12 was reached

How do players now reach their destination club

K 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:44 am

35forever wrote:
Probably the same people who thought that pick 56 was a fair deal for Faz. No fkn CLUE how good he is AND what he means to the side.

What fans or the AFL think about a player does not affect the compensation (unless the AFL blatantly cheats). It depends only on the contract offered by the poaching club. If we could have convinced Carlton to pay Fas a Buddy salary, we would have received a Buddy pick.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:53 am

Gawd, not Godard no way
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:08 am

Pick 57 (currently) compo, Kirby HAS been delisted and Crocker is contracted for 2019.

There are others we don't have any confirmation they have been re-signed for 2019, eg Daicos.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:37 am

K wrote:
35forever wrote:

What fans or the AFL think about a player does not affect the compensation (unless the AFL blatantly cheats). It depends only on the contract offered by the poaching club. If we could have convinced Carlton to pay Fas a Buddy salary, we would have received a Buddy pick.

Well, the AFL 'cheated' last year and gave Geelong a 1st round compo pick for losing Motlop to Port. Shocked the football world - Geelong were laughing all the way to the draft...

K 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:52 am

Yes, but what was Motlop's contract? It'd be nice in terms of transparency if the AFL's formula was public, but I understand their fear that then the clubs would try to game the system.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:11 pm
Post subject: Re: 2 Trade Days Left. Where we're at.Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
Jordan Roughead. It's expected this will happen very soon. On the cheap.

Josh Bruce/Jack Lonie. I dont know what we'd need to give back in return? Havent heard of any of out players wanting to go St Kildas way.

Jake Kelly. Strong rumours connected as a part of a Langdon trade. Things have now gone quiet. Could another player or some late picks get it done?

Steven May. Someone is holding all the cards here. Is he going to choose Melbourne or Collingwood? Maybe he'll stay a Sun? What's going on?

With 2 days left, I'm gathering we're not going after Bruce/Lonie. I really warmed to that idea. I haven't heard anything more, with Beams taking all the headlines.

May's manager suggested Collingwood is still a possibility. But I cant see how. Does this mean we could still go for Kelly?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:37 am

Kelly would be great
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:07 am

Presti35 wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Jordan Roughead. It's expected this will happen very soon. On the cheap.

Josh Bruce/Jack Lonie. I dont know what we'd need to give back in return? Havent heard of any of out players wanting to go St Kildas way.

Steven May. Someone is holding all the cards here. Is he going to choose Melbourne or Collingwood? Maybe he'll stay a Sun? What's going on?

With 2 days left, I'm gathering we're not going after Bruce/Lonie. I really warmed to that idea. I haven't heard anything more, with Beams taking all the headlines.

May's manager suggested Collingwood is still a possibility. But I cant see how. Does this mean we could still go for Kelly?

I don’t think Adelaide was interested in releasing Kelly unless they got an attractive draft pick back with a possible Langdon trade.

All thoughts of getting Bruce/Lonie would have faded with the need to conserve draft picks for Beams or May. The backup is a low draft pick reserved for Roughead (after being beaten for Adams services).

I have a sneaky feeling Brisbane has engineered the Beams move in order to dump salary cap spending to make way for the acquisition of Neale. Collingwood is doing the right thing by Beams but I fear Brisbane is trying to screw us to get back at us over the Crisp trade.

I would prefer us to pursue May over Beams because our list is structurally superior with May. Having said that Beams could deliver us a premiership next year (if he is fit and firing by the time of next finals).
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:28 pm

With Neale, Wingard, Burton, May, Beams, Hogan, Kelly and Shiel yet to be traded, it should be a massive final day of trading.

The big news will be if May is traded. No one has any idea of where he's going.

Collingwood have been busy with Beams, but again will wait until the final day to get things done.

Like I said earlier, I warmed to the idea of Lonie/Bruce, but that boat seems to have sailed long ago. All eyes seem to be on Beams now with an unlikely chance to get May.

Also got the Roughead deal to make, which many were expecting today.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:30 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
I don’t think Adelaide was interested in releasing Kelly unless they got an attractive draft pick back with a possible Langdon trade.

With May seemingly out of reach, I wonder if we'll make a play for Kelly once the Beams and Roughead deals are done?

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:16 pm

What with? We’ve ran out of draft picks.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:34 pm

It’s down to 4 hours —-tenseeeeeee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: