Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What the actual ****
Az 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:58 pm

dillo_09 wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
On Big Footy they suggested -

Beams to Brisbane

Dangerfield to pies

Pick 4 + Aish to Adelaide.

Happy with that if it is a straight swap for Dangerfield.

No Way!!

If thats on the Table, Take aish and 4 from Brisbane and ontrade Aish to Adelaide for Danger & their 2nd rd pick. Win - Win - Win

I am disappointed, but he will NEVER have greater currency than he has right now!!! So that means we need to maximize it and get the best deal that the AFL has EVER seen

Omeara and Pick 7 and 2nd round pick
Aish and Pick 4 and 2nd round pick

Bare minimum!!

In what universe do you think Adelaide would accept a straight swap of Aish for Danger? To add to that, you realise Aish needs to agree to go to Adelaide of all places first. Simply not going to happen. Only way it could was if pick 4 was thrown in.
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:03 pm

Damien wrote:
derkd wrote:
The big Beams thread...that was started and i was told by some i was "talking rubbish" about him going......apologies??? lol

Credit where it's due mate. Your mail was obviously on the money. My apologies. Now let's get the best possible trade.

haha no issue mate, i don't think you were as offhand as others. my point was more to those who just said "deleted the thread because it won't happen".

To be honest, i think it is best that found out now that he does want to go home on compasonate grounds..... and i think he deserves respect for that.

Trade wise, well, we need to be weary of Brisbane..... as we have seen with the Ryder case where they are offering Pick.24 (well under value, because they feel they can get away with it). So we need to make sure we hold them to account.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:04 pm

gobsmacked.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:05 pm

Well FMD Shocked Shocked Shocked
Visdom 

Success takes planning

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:06 pm

This is about money over 800k per year long term. Greg Swann acting personally not professionally. This sort of deal is not in the Lion's long term list management best interest.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:08 pm

You don't say.
Az 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:09 pm

derkd wrote:
Damien wrote:
derkd wrote:
The big Beams thread...that was started and i was told by some i was "talking rubbish" about him going......apologies??? lol

Credit where it's due mate. Your mail was obviously on the money. My apologies. Now let's get the best possible trade.

haha no issue mate, i don't think you were as offhand as others. my point was more to those who just said "deleted the thread because it won't happen".

To be honest, i think it is best that found out now that he does want to go home on compasonate grounds..... and i think he deserves respect for that.

Trade wise, well, we need to be weary of Brisbane..... as we have seen with the Ryder case where they are offering Pick.24 (well under value, because they feel they can get away with it). So we need to make sure we hold them to account.

They can throw all the unfair trades out in the wind that they want, they know it's not going to fly. Beams is one of the best footballers in the league, Ryder is just one of the best ruckman. Of course it's in their best interest to say they'll offer pick. 4 for Dayne, but there's absolutely zero chance we're accepting anything less than what WE want for him. If they do, they can kiss my membership and a lot more goodbye.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:10 pm

Wow. Just wow.

We're officially a club in crisis now.

derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:13 pm

Az wrote:
derkd wrote:
Damien wrote:
derkd wrote:

They can throw all the unfair trades out in the wind that they want, they know it's not going to fly. Beams is one of the best footballers in the league, Ryder is just one of the best ruckman. Of course it's in their best interest to say they'll offer pick. 4 for Dayne, but there's absolutely zero chance we're accepting anything less than what WE want for him. If they do, they can kiss my membership and a lot more goodbye.

I agree, look so many people have said..... and i think the mantra has always been "No player is bigger then a club".

And Beams as great a players as he is....is only a player......we can sill get a good outcome....and if he wants to go home...he wants to go home and we have to respect that.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
Surely we are due for some luck to come our way...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Surprised
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Culprit wrote:
Fckn Family reason my fat *rse. It's the standard bulltish excuse run by player managers.

+1

Plenty of people around the country live in different states to there family and have "family reasons" they have to cope with day to day yet can't afford or don't want to give up there full time job to move.

This is simply about a player being offered big money, one who is eligible for free agency at the end of next season holding a gun to the head of his employer now with the threat of losing him for less next year.

Welcome to free agency people.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:31 pm

Free agent at end of 2016
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:41 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Absolutely, talent wise he's a big loss. But as a rather slow, rather short and more inside than outside player he's not a type that we are absolutely desperate for. We can use the deal to bring some of those in.

Oh ffs INK I know you've never liked him but this is getting beyond a joke now.

Finishing with 16 Brownlow votes the same as Pendlebury this season was no fluke.

Beams is our second best player IMO, will most likely finish top 2 to 3 in the Copeland and at 186cm is one of biggest midfielders.

He's also our best clearance player and highest goal kicker amongst the midfielders.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/2014.html

They guy is A grade all the way and an absolute elite talent of the competition.

Only Dangerfield would be a suitable replacement.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:43 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
Free agent at end of 2016

Pretty sure he's a restricted free agent next season isn't he?

Isn't it after 7 years?

Beams was drafted in 2008.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
Page 13 of 188   

Jump to: