Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Vic State Election

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:51 am
Post subject: Vic State ElectionReply with quote

Delivery V Control Rolling Eyes

Who will win? Why?

We are in for a few weeks of spin and this election will be interesting. I feel a few marginals will dictate who wins and by how much. The red shirts fiasco won't hurt the ALP as those who are pissed don't vote for them. Same goes with Ventnor and Lobster gate. Will the Greens have an impact? I feel they maybe in for a bit of pain as those disenfranchised ALP voters who voted for them will be pissed that the Greens voted with the LNP.

This will be costly - https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/coalition-vows-to-reinstate-religious-instruction-in-state-schools-20181029-p50cpr.html
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I found The Age article very unclear as to what the LNP was proposing.
The ABC is clearer: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-30/victorian-election-coalition-to-revive-religious-instruction/10445606

A "no thanks" from me.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:26 pm

One of the comments in the age is gold.
Quote:
All Schools will be provided with the latest Quills and my Government commits to one ink pot for every student.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

They have forgotten about their base.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Its easy to get less involved in state than federal politics (and if I lived in NSW I frankly wouldnt care which of the two major parties won; NSW Labor leader Luke Foley is probably the dodgiest politician in the country). But the current incarnation of the Victorian Liberals are a particularly nasty lot, with an all-in tabloid-pandering dumb-on-crime strategy and any number of odious associations and policy proposals. Labor always f#%*s everything up eventually, and I dont care too much if Andrews gets the boot next time, but I just want them to win this once and give the state Liberals four years to think about how to become decent people.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:06 pm

Yeah, I don't see labor losing the state election. dandrews is a bit of a misguided missile but despite the negatives, i think he has enough runs on the board to stay.

Put simply, Australians don't usually vote for an opposition party, they vote against a sitting party when they're sick of them. Labor hasn't stuffed up enough things (yet) to piss off enough people to vote them out.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:55 am

The best thing Dan has going for him is Matthew Guy. You are right Stui, you lose elections you don't win them. Despite the polls I believe it will be closer than people think. I am only hoping the Greens cop some pain in the process.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:45 am

^ Not out of the question that they might hold the balance of power, nonetheless.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:38 am

David wrote:
^ Not out of the question that they might hold the balance of power, nonetheless.

I'm advised that labour's internal polling shows that the Greens may well be holding the balance of power. While I like some / a lot of their policies I just don't trust them. Apart from the impotence of the pure I do see them as wreckers in many ways not as bad as having the Libs of course.

Andrews has done a mighty job in his 4 years.

However a few weeks is a long time in politics, I wouldn't be counting my Neo-nazis in the National party just yet.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:57 am

Imagine if the Coalition get up, we can have religion back into the State schools. What a wonderful idea. I hope they get smashed!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:51 pm

Don't think I bother Voting as no one is worth voting for
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:52 pm

Thats how trump got in!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:56 pm

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

I'm advised that labour's internal polling shows that the Greens may well be holding the balance of power. While I like some / a lot of their policies I just don't trust them. Apart from the impotence of the pure I do see them as wreckers in many ways not as bad as having the Libs of course.

Andrews has done a mighty job in his 4 years.

However a few weeks is a long time in politics, I wouldn't be counting my Neo-nazis in the National party just yet.

If you can, ask any members of the executive where you work if they enjoy Dandrews micromanaging of public health. Off the record of course. Monthly scorecards against statistical measures determined by DoH, threats of punitive action against CEO's and boards for lack of achievement of targets etc.

Managing to statistics is* being driven from the very top down, with the potential casualty being quality of care

(* I say is, but admit I'm 18 months out of that loop. When I was in it, I could clearly see the pressure being applied and the unintended consequences)

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:29 am

Greens Joanna Nilson has dramatically quit the state election race after it emerged she had posted tips on stealing groceries and bragged she was the baddest shoplifter there is. Not very smart.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:49 am

Not the brightest penny in the purse.

Quote:
A GREENS candidate has dramatically quit the state election race after it emerged she had posted tips on stealing groceries and bragged she was the baddest shoplifter there is.

Upper House hopeful Joanna Nilson stepped down on Wednesday night after the Herald Sun exposed her boasts, which she now claims were a joke, in a Facebook group called the Bad Gals Club.

Take a plastic bag full of other stuff put it in your basket and then load all the expensive stuff in that take it out and go through the checkout with that on your arm pop through a soda water Bingo $70 of groceries for 70c, Ms Nilson said in one post.

In another, she called federal Liberal MP Michaelia Cash a fkn disgusting smug parrot, adding a woman in the f---ing liberal party is like a jew in the nazi party.

Asked by the Herald Sun at 5.05pm on Wednesday about the posts made in 2015 Ms Nilson said: I dont know anything about that, Ive never been a member of anything like that.

But her Facebook page was deactivated minutes later and by 7pm, Ms Nilson had resigned.

I regret making these comments, and while they were made several years ago, in jest online, and are in no way reflective of my beliefs or actions, I dont want them to be a distraction, she said on Wednesday night.

The embarrassing resignation is a major blow for the Greens, who had preselected Ms Nilson behind leader Samantha Ratnam on the partys ticket for the Northern Metropolitan Upper House region.

The area is a Greens stronghold, including the suburbs Brunswick, Richmond and Northcote.

Joanna Nilson with Greens Victoria leader Samantha Ratnam (left). Picture: Instagram
In the Facebook conversation about shoplifting, Ms Nilson said she loved just strolling out with a hot chook.

When another friend commented that she had done it all, she replied: Oh please bitch I am the baddest shoplifter there is.

In another post on the Bad Gals Club, Ms Nilson said she was struggling with a hangover and added: I stink of the weed in my bag.

Ms Nilson also said a service that home-delivered nangs small canisters holding nitrous oxide gas for whipped cream, which some people inhale for a quick high sounds like a dream.

Fk how good R nangs, she wrote.

Ms Nilson, who is a co-convener of the Victorian Greens Womens Network, initially told the Herald Sun she knew nothing about the Facebook comments.

Its not under my name so I dont really have any comment, and I dont think theres really a story there either, to be honest, she said.

But after Greens party chiefs were alerted to the matter, Ms Nilson pulled out of the election race.

A party spokesman said: Joanna regrets making these comments and has done the right thing by resigning as to not distract from the campaign. The party has accepted her resignation.

Ms Nilson had announced her preselection last week, saying she was very excited to be running in support of the brilliant Samantha Ratnam.

Ms Nilson described herself as being extremely passionate about issues including safe and affordable housing, gender equality, drug and alcohol rehabilitation and harm minimisation, and mental health funding.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/state-election/greens-candidate-joanna-nilson-quits-over-shoplifting-drugtaking-boasts-and-sick-slurs-on-facebook/news-story/761ed97cec41927a84829155a4d94c9b

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:32 am

We've got generations growing up whose whole lives have been spent on social media. Every comment they've made, on every platform, will be trawled through if they decide to enter public life.
I don't think politics has ever attracted our best and brightest. This will make them even less likely to want to throw their hat into the ring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22   

Jump to: