Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How many Asada employees does it take to release a B sample?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
If so, hopefully presumption of innocence wins out! Smile

Seriously though, I'm as perplexed as anyone about how long this is taking. What could the hold-up possibly be?

Certainly in the fullness of time, at the appropriate juncture and when the moment is ripe we will be informed.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:08 pm
Post subject: Re: How many Asada employees does it take to release a B samReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Am sure it's not only Sam Murray or the club that are keen to be put out of their misery by getting the "most likely positive B sample" news confirmed. What do they say:

" you can put a man on the moon, can't put one on Martina Navratilova and yet we cannot get an expedited B sample result within 5 months of the offence!".

Its gone to a committee.

Via a sub-committee, then to a senate hearing followed by a parliamentary inquiry Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPJy0HTRD4s

If only JJB was here to grant emergency powers.

E 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:26 pm

Skids wrote:
The time frame is ridiculous!

Results would be known within a week. It's pretty simple really.
There should be some sort of time frame they are required to work to for this stuff. Very unfair to Murray, whatever way it pans out.

We have drug testing on-site, if a positive preliminary result is given, the 'B' sample results are known within 48hr's.

Why does it matter how long it takes? His penalty is going to be somewhere between 2 and 4 years and when ultimately they decide to suspend him, he is going to get credit for time served. Maybe its important for you to have closure on the matter (why does everyone need closure - so weird????), but in the real world that does matter one little bit.

I suspect there is likely something going on around a possible defense (or factors to take into account in sentencing) and people are weighing up those matters in determining sentencing. This likely has nothing to do with the b sample itself.

This is just like the panic that sets in when a player is renegotiating his contract. The delay causes people so much grief, they talk like the player is lost (when in fact he is just negotiating). People cant just let processes run their natural course and relax so instead they panic about the worst possible outcome (even though that might be the least likely outcome) ......

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:15 am

E wrote:
Skids wrote:

There should be some sort of time frame they are required to work to for this stuff. Very unfair to Murray, whatever way it pans out.

We have drug testing on-site, if a positive preliminary result is given, the 'B' sample results are known within 48hr's.

Why does it matter how long it takes? His penalty is going to be somewhere between 2 and 4 years and when ultimately they decide to suspend him, he is going to get credit for time served. Maybe its important for you to have closure on the matter (why does everyone need closure - so weird????), but in the real world that does matter one little bit.

I suspect there is likely something going on around a possible defense (or factors to take into account in sentencing) and people are weighing up those matters in determining sentencing. This likely has nothing to do with the b sample itself.

This is just like the panic that sets in when a player is renegotiating his contract. The delay causes people so much grief, they talk like the player is lost (when in fact he is just negotiating). People cant just let processes run their natural course and relax so instead they panic about the worst possible outcome (even though that might be the least likely outcome) ......

Ah Eric. Deaths, taxes and another clich opposing view to a valid question. Am sure Pies fans would like closure on a matter that dates back to August and as such replace Sam's list spot ASAP with the best talent available. Not an unrealistic expectation with 8 weeks before round 1!

E 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:20 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Skids wrote:

Ah Eric. Deaths, taxes and another clich opposing view to a valid question. Am sure Pies fans would like closure on a matter that dates back to August and as such replace Sam's list spot ASAP with the best talent available. Not an unrealistic expectation with 8 weeks before round 1!

I know how much you hate the fact that no one cares what you would like - or even what you think. stay empty and continue to add your one tenth of a cent to every discussion......

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:21 am

As much as a few Pies would like closure on this matter, the fact remains that if Sam Murray has a positive test on the second sample, hes done it to himself and his family. Hes done nothing with malicious intent to hurt the club and the club is treating him with compassion to help him through it.

Our club has a healthy list at the moment with good cover down to the last one on the list. We can afford to carry him for the 2019 season even if he doesnt play a single game and if that helps him get through his current predicament then we should all feel content.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:53 am

M.B. Thats a positive spin on this discussion -we all have opinions on the eventual course our club takes

There is not just the club and the alleged perpetrator as family members get caught up too

But I have the feeling all parties want a speedy result to move on and heal

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:15 am

It is taking so long because speed is prohibited under ASADA and WADA rules. Cool
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:12 am

David wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Thomas and O'keefe vs the entire Essendon FC= apples v oranges

well yeah - Essendon had the AFL trying to take control of the process and penalty - T and O were left to fend for themselves

O????? Surprised

I know some people have short memories, but really!

yeah really - Asada are empowered to investigate and penalise as reps of Wada - the AFL launched their own investigation and offered some penalties to players as well as penalizing Hird and Dank - but the AFL let them off. Ben McDevitt from Asada imposed the 12mth bans - it wasn't until Ben McDevitt went to Swiss court that the 2yr penalties were upheld.

But make no mistake the AFL were at loggerheads with ASADA which resulted with the Wood review.

At the end of the day Essendon players were given the 24mth penalties. The baseline penalty is supposed to be 2yrs which is supposedly reserved for those that cooperate.

The point is the AFL got involved and tried to shape the result

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:24 am

Glasseyevfx, I think you missed the point of my post. Ill say it again: O???? As in OKeefe!?!?

E wrote:
Skids wrote:

All well and good. But what if the sample is negative, and his case is thrown out? This will have completely derailed his preseason, not to mention having already killed his chance of appearing in a grand final and seeing him demoted to the rookie list (with, I presume, a paycut). Maybe thats an unlikely outcome at this point, but then I dont think any of us thought it would take so long to resolve. Clearly, something weird is going on.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:37 am

agreed - And your right its horribly unfair to string people along like this.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:35 pm

I suggest that the delay means the B sample is borderline and that ASADA is currently in discussion with the AFL and Murrays legal team over what penalty, if any, is to be handed down.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:39 pm

Thats what Im suspecting too. I would have thought instant exoneration would be an appropriate response in that instance the necessary standard of proof hasnt come through. And maybe theres a little matter of compensation to be negotiated in that case.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:50 pm

E wrote:
Skids wrote:

No...... You certainly take a different view on things don't you Rolling Eyes

I was merely stating that the time frame is ridiculous. I know how long drug tests take, and can see no reason why it should drag on so long.

Spin something from that ya weirdo.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:54 pm

Instant exoneration would be the case if it was negative. Given the circumstances of his test originally, it's highly possible that while the B sample is positive, it's a trace only. That would make the charge of match day doping very hard to stick.

Purely supposition of course.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: