Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How many Asada employees does it take to release a B sample?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

if it is ok to wake a player up at 6 in the morning to give a sample whilst on holidays it should these bozos shouldn't take forever to test a sample. the usa major sports and european major soccer leagues would be calling for heads if it was taking this long.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Instant exoneration would be the case if it was negative. Given the circumstances of his test originally, it's highly possible that while the B sample is positive, it's a trace only. That would make the charge of match day doping very hard to stick.

Purely supposition of course.

They don't test for a 'trace'. There's a cut off limit for all drugs, it's either positive or negative.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:07 pm

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Skids wrote:
The time frame is ridiculous!

Results would be known within a week. It's pretty simple really.
There should be some sort of time frame they are required to work to for this stuff. Very unfair to Murray, whatever way it pans out.

We have drug testing on-site, if a positive preliminary result is given, the 'B' sample results are known within 48hr's.

Why does it matter how long it takes? His penalty is going to be somewhere between 2 and 4 years and when ultimately they decide to suspend him, he is going to get credit for time served. Maybe its important for you to have closure on the matter (why does everyone need closure - so weird????), but in the real world that does matter one little bit.

I suspect there is likely something going on around a possible defense (or factors to take into account in sentencing) and people are weighing up those matters in determining sentencing. This likely has nothing to do with the b sample itself.

This is just like the panic that sets in when a player is renegotiating his contract. The delay causes people so much grief, they talk like the player is lost (when in fact he is just negotiating). People cant just let processes run their natural course and relax so instead they panic about the worst possible outcome (even though that might be the least likely outcome) ......

Ah Eric. Deaths, taxes and another cliché opposing view to a valid question. Am sure Pies fans would like closure on a matter that dates back to August and as such replace Sam's list spot ASAP with the best talent available. Not an unrealistic expectation with 8 weeks before round 1!

I know how much you hate the fact that no one cares what you would like - or even what you think. stay empty and continue to add your one tenth of a cent to every discussion......

Reckon most pies are keen for an ultimate verdict and likely penalty. Reckon S Murray and the club similary are. Reckon you're most likely a Greens voter, would petition for pill testing, save the lyre bird protestor and would give Ivan Milat a good behaviour bond.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:20 am

ronrat wrote:
if it is ok to wake a player up at 6 in the morning to give a sample whilst on holidays it should these bozos shouldn't take forever to test a sample. the usa major sports and european major soccer leagues would be calling for heads if it was taking this long.

i just don't think anyone (other than a few footy starved fanatics on this board - of which i include myself on that list) gets too excited following the fate of the 35th best player on a team's list. Even when its Collingwood! It is possible that there is some confidential proceeding going on about the matter more generally (like whether takling recreational drugs midweek that just happen to be traceable on gameday is what the laws were intendeing to capture) as opposed to any delay in testing the B sample. Would have thought that was obvious to most.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:25 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Skids wrote:

There should be some sort of time frame they are required to work to for this stuff. Very unfair to Murray, whatever way it pans out.

We have drug testing on-site, if a positive preliminary result is given, the 'B' sample results are known within 48hr's.

Why does it matter how long it takes? His penalty is going to be somewhere between 2 and 4 years and when ultimately they decide to suspend him, he is going to get credit for time served. Maybe its important for you to have closure on the matter (why does everyone need closure - so weird????), but in the real world that does matter one little bit.

I suspect there is likely something going on around a possible defense (or factors to take into account in sentencing) and people are weighing up those matters in determining sentencing. This likely has nothing to do with the b sample itself.

This is just like the panic that sets in when a player is renegotiating his contract. The delay causes people so much grief, they talk like the player is lost (when in fact he is just negotiating). People cant just let processes run their natural course and relax so instead they panic about the worst possible outcome (even though that might be the least likely outcome) ......

Ah Eric. Deaths, taxes and another cliché opposing view to a valid question. Am sure Pies fans would like closure on a matter that dates back to August and as such replace Sam's list spot ASAP with the best talent available. Not an unrealistic expectation with 8 weeks before round 1!

I know how much you hate the fact that no one cares what you would like - or even what you think. stay empty and continue to add your one tenth of a cent to every discussion......

Reckon most pies are keen for an ultimate verdict and likely penalty. Reckon S Murray and the club similary are. Reckon you're most likely a Greens voter, would petition for pill testing, save the lyre bird protestor and would give Ivan Milat a good behaviour bond.

This is the same boring shit you said yesterday. you need new stuff.....

E 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:38 am

Skids wrote:
E wrote:
Skids wrote:

No...... You certainly take a different view on things don't you Rolling Eyes

I was merely stating that the time frame is ridiculous. I know how long drug tests take, and can see no reason why it should drag on so long.

Spin something from that ya weirdo.

easy Tiger! I agree with you that testing is a quick process (and i would never want to doubt your immense knowledge on the subject - which i'm sure is huge!).

I think where we disagree is that you (maybe naively?) think that the delay is caused by TESTING! There is zero chance that this is the case.

I think that the parties involved have decided to announce the results of the B sample in conjunction with their findings (which by the way is a good sign for Murray). The problem with announcing the b-sample ahead of the verdict is that then most simple folks like us will assume he is guilty (and the media might get ahead of the investigation which might limit the options available to the decision makers).

There most likely is a proceeding afoot where the parties are talking about whether Murray's offense warrants a suspension. It certainly sets a dangerous precedent (that would most likely hit a real star of the game at some point in the future given the anecdotal accounts of rampant recreational drug use within the playing group of the AFL).

Not surprisingly, it appears that this proceeding is being conducted in private (although i bet the club and the player are aware of it).

I am happy to run through this analysis more slowly if any of you are having trouble keeping up! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 am

If you can get blood test results inside of 4 days, then I don't think they need to send it to the top of Everest, let it freeze, take it by mountain goat to India [as it defrosts] via Nepal, fly it via a WWII Liberator to the Iraqi border and then smuggle it into Baghdad. It's not an Indiana Jones sequel.

The timing is more like the courts delays, preparing briefs etc. Pretty tough on Murray though, dopehead or not.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:59 am

Laughing Laughing

I just can't see the point of 'a proceeding where the parties are talking about whether Murrays offense warrants a suspension'..... it's positive, he's guilty, it's negative, he isn't. Advise of penalty, end of story.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:47 pm

Skids wrote:
Laughing Laughing

I just can't see the point of 'a proceeding where the parties are talking about whether Murrays offense warrants a suspension'..... it's positive, he's guilty, it's negative, he isn't. Advise of penalty, end of story.

YOU **** ONE GOAT!!!!

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:08 pm

I think that this should have been resolved prior to the drafts taking place so that Sam could have been replaced with another player or rookie. The player is the one who should be penalised. On the short term the club is penalised as they lose a player for the remainder of the season but this should not be allowed to influence the following season.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:57 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
I think that this should have been resolved prior to the drafts taking place so that Sam could have been replaced with another player or rookie. The player is the one who should be penalised. On the short term the club is penalised as they lose a player for the remainder of the season but this should not be allowed to influence the following season.

I honestly don’t care if we’re a player down. It’s not even a senior list spot; most years we’ll use half of the players on the rookie list at most. I’d much rather we stand by this guy who, let’s remember, hasn’t even been conclusively found guilty of anything yet. And if he is banned, we can wear it for a year and then take things from there.

And if you ask his teammates what they think – both for the sake of their mate and for the reassurance that they won’t be kicked to the curb at the first opportunity themselves – I bet they’d say the same. And team morale kind of matters.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:06 pm

E wrote:
Skids wrote:
Laughing Laughing

YOU **** ONE GOAT!!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Cam wrote:
If you can get blood test results inside of 4 days, then I don't think they need to send it to the top of Everest, let it freeze, take it by mountain goat to India [as it defrosts] via Nepal, fly it via a WWII Liberator to the Iraqi border and then smuggle it into Baghdad. It's not an Indiana Jones sequel.

The timing is more like the courts delays, preparing briefs etc. Pretty tough on Murray though, dopehead or not.

at last! Some perspective

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:26 pm

Who's the player we'd be looking at if Murray gets the arse?
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:05 am

Presti35 wrote:
Who's the player we'd be looking at if Murray gets the arse?

Someone from the 2020 draft at this rate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: