Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Introducing the Greatest midfield the AFL has ever seen.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Priority 1 : Win the Premiership!

Priority 2 : Develop younger players.

2019 Wingmen : Steele Sidebottom, Adam Treloar, Chris Mayne, Tom Phillips, Josh Daicos, ( maybe even hoskin-Elliot ? ).

So the question becomes, do we want another Attacking winger in our 22. Or a Defensive one ? Tom Phillips vs Chris Mayne.

I think Sidey & Treloar take left and right wings. chris Mayne earns a spot on the bench. And Phillips and Daicos are our VFL left and right wings.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:43 pm

I think you are way off the mark. The only reason for Phillips to play VFL is to regain match fitness after injury.

At the halfway mark of last season Phillips was in consideration for the All Australian team.

The club also rates him more highly than you do, as 6th in the Copeland indicates.

It’s amazing that you are even talking about Daicos being in the same category as Phillips. One was one of the most improved players in the competition last season. The other was lucky to even crack it for a senior game. I have nothing against Daicos but he just isn’t at Phillips level.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:44 pm

I'll bet my left nut that Sier is one of the first picked. He'd played just 8 games before the finals last year. He averaged 22 disposals a game in the 4 finals, he is a beast & very much needed in the guts.

And Phillips would be right next to him!

Had an amazing season in 2018 (6th in the Copeland) and pure qaulity.

TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:51 pm

If you guys think that Tom Phillips is better than Steele Sidebottom, then sure he'll make the team. Or if you think he is a better defensive winger than Mayne, then he'll make the team.

If you think Sier is better than Dayne Beams, then sure he'll make the team.

If we have a clean bill of health, its going to be hard for Phillips and Sier to make the team.

Its just my honest opinion. I could be wrong...

Last edited by TaylorMade on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:51 pm

With all the various options in all area,s my little mate Goldy may be a selection casualty
And Ben Reid

TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:55 pm

Yeah Baz. I think Moore ahead of Goldy

Mihocek ahead of Reid.

Mihocek is one to watch for this year. Quiet, unassuming, yet deadly. Sky is the limit for Mihocek.

Last edited by TaylorMade on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:56 pm

Crocker too
TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:59 pm

I like Crocker too, am keen to see his development this year.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:00 pm

^ TaylorMade, regarding your points made on Phillips, I can fully appreciate where his weaknesses may be or are, and that he is not in the class of Steel. But his strengths are worth considering as they are very high indeed. His running is second to none in the AFL! And many times when you wish he was there he usually is! As a link man as the extra defender, to the one who can snap one through. The combination of reading the play well, always being prepared to get there and beng able to run all day is quite a strenth and as some have said with the 6 6 6, rule link men and resiliant runners are going to be very important indeed. Phillips is a must for our Midfield.
TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:08 pm

Hi Mossi,

Im well aware of Phillips abilities. However i like to analyze to the bone.

Phillips is not a must, if were fit. The addition of Beams, impacts Steele moving to wing, which impacts Phillips.

Its a good problem to have, and Tom Phillips will not be the difference between a flag or not. In a couple years he will be Steele Sidebottoms succesor. At the moment, i see him as Sidey's 'Understudy'.

Another thing with Phillips is at the moment he only seems capable of playing the wing. Steele, Treloar, Mayne, Hoskin-Elliot and Daicos are all able to play multiplue positions. This becomes my concern number 6, on the Tom Phillips topic...

TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:41 pm

In regards to the 6-6-6 rule.

Centre Clearences will now be the most important aspect of the game. Being able to immediatley pump the ball deep into attack while our forward's are 1 on 1 will be the aim.

Hence, why i want Hunters in the square. Adams DeGoey Beams and Sier are all phenomenal at this.

If we fail to score from a direct centre clearence, or at least lock it in 50, then the 6-6-6 will not come into play until after the next goal is scored.

So i dont understand the importance of a wingmen in the new 6-6-6 rule? If Grundy taps it down to Adams, id expect Taylor to have the blinkers on and kick long into attack. Not looking out towards the wing. Wingmen will be important during the play. I dont see how the 6-6-6 changes anything regarding wingers. In fact, Buckley spoke about this recently...

The 6-6-6 was brought in to stop teams flooding players back before centre bounces. Which is the opposite of what some people are referring to...

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:06 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-12/who-has-the-best-onballers-we-rank-every-club

they agree

but they dont think much of the defence! 9th!! and 9thmond are no 1

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-29/who-has-the-best-defence-we-rank-every-club

and forwards?? hmmm

lucky we are arguing over a couple of players that can swing!
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-05/who-has-the-best-forwards-we-rank-every-club

WARNING the first pic will break your heart!

TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:18 pm

I wont look to much into our attack and defense ratings. As our team works together as one unit Smile

I like the Midfield ranking though lol

If you look at ruck depth, that is our biggest advantage. Compare us to the other top 4 candidates.

We have Grundy who may eclipse Gawn if he hasnt already. But if Grundy was to get injured? We have Roughead, a former premiership Ruckman, Even Big Mason.

So Grundy-Roughead-Cox-Moore as ruck options

What does Melbourne have if Gawn gets injured?
What does Richmond have if Nankervis goes down? Remember the Prelim when they used Grieg lmao.
West Coast? Well Lycett is gone and Natinui is M.I.A and may never be the same. Their hoping Vardy can dominate. Which will be hard without a solid partner in crime...

All very interesting to me...

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:38 pm

TaylorMade wrote:
In regards to the 6-6-6 rule.

So i dont understand the importance of a wingmen in the new 6-6-6 rule? If Grundy taps it down to Adams, id expect Taylor to have the blinkers on and kick long into attack. Not looking out towards the wing. Wingmen will be important during the play. I dont see how the 6-6-6 changes anything regarding wingers. In fact, Buckley spoke about this recently...

The 6-6-6 was brought in to stop teams flooding players back before centre bounces. Which is the opposite of what some people are referring to...

There are many scenarious that can play out of the centre bounce than a quick kick into the forward line! Sure there is going to be less congestion but the "quick kick" is not necessariliy going to the advantage of our forwards. It's most likely going to be a contested ball situation. Don't discount getting the ball to a winger opening up the forward line allowing more options to come into play.
TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:43 pm

Mossi,

So your saying Cox will be one on one ? Hmmm interesting. and if his not? I guess that means one of our lucky forwards will be on their own then hey? Even more interesting.

Thanks to the 6-6-6, why the hell would you be looking to the wing if cox is one on one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 4 of 33   

Jump to: