Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection (March 13) (Dunn?)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:24 pm
Post subject: Pre-Season Supplemental Selection (March 13) (Dunn?)Reply with quote

I believe we have until March 13 to fill any list openings via the pre-season supplemental selection period, where we're expected to bring back Dunn.

If the retirement decisions on Beams and Langdon are made before the SSP closes, will we have other spots to fill? Or will we have to wait until the mid-season draft?

I reckon we beat North to Adam Tipungwuti. (DOB:04/06/1996 Height:175 cm Weight: 65 kg). Yeah, he is only 175, but he's fast as hell and has played small forward and also defensive roles over the past couple seasons. He is very fit and would be ready to play straight away.

Essendon asked for priority access to him in 2019 and were denied. Now he's training and playing with Norths VFL team. There have been a few off-field distractions, but I say he's worth the punt. Remember when we had Jarrah on our VFL list and then the Demons took him with pick 1 in the rookie draft... right under our noses.

Darren Minchington is also interesting, but with his injury history, we'd have to pass. Played for the Hawks last week and looked alright. Seems to have been close to playing in the Hawks seniors team last year but was held back. Maybe he's worth a look for the VFL side. Is 26 and only 179cm.

What other players are out there?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just on Dunn, I’m not as convinced as some there is any onfield benefit in re - listing him.
Is a 30 + year old off two consecutive knee recos better than an improving Keane or Madgen ? Moore appears more durable at this point of a pre season than he ever has and we also addressed Dunn’s replacement pretty quickly with a rejuvenated Roughead.
Dunn simply can’t come back any better than his early 2018 form but Madgen and Keane can continue to improve.
Having said that, I’m a Dunn fan and I’m happy to roll with whatever the club go with, given that they see him every day.

Any thoughts, without derailing the thread ?

Last edited by Pies2016 on Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:39 pm
Post subject: Re: Pre-Season Supplemental Selection (March 13) (Dunn?)Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
If the retirement decisions on Beams and Langdon are made before the SSP closes, will we have other spots to fill? Or will we have to wait until the mid-season draft?

I don't think retirements make any difference. They'd be too late. The only thing they can do is put players on the LTI list.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:02 pm
Post subject: Re: Pre-Season Supplemental Selection (March 13) (Dunn?)Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
I believe we have until March 13 to fill any list openings via the pre-season supplemental selection period, where we're expected to bring back Dunn.

I reckon we beat North to Adam Tipungwuti. (DOB:04/06/1996 Height:175 cm Weight: 65 kg). Yeah, he is only 175, but he's fast as hell and has played small forward and also defensive roles over the past couple seasons. He is very fit and would be ready to play straight away.

Essendon asked for priority access to him in 2019 and were denied. Now he's training and playing with Norths VFL team. There have been a few off-field distractions, but I say he's worth the punt. Remember when we had Jarrah on our VFL list and then the Demons took him with pick 1 in the rookie draft... right under our noses.

Darren Minchington is also interesting, but with his injury history, we'd have to pass. Played for the Hawks last week and looked alright. Seems to have been close to playing in the Hawks seniors team last year but was held back. Maybe he's worth a look for the VFL side. Is 26 and only 179cm.

What other players are out there?

Minchington is too tall for us

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:01 am

Dunn has been signed up.

Quote:
And Collingwood has signed veteran defender Lynden Dunn, who is coming off a second successive knee reconstruction, to another one-year rookie deal via the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP).

Dunn, 32, has played 31 games for Collingwood since joining the club from Melbourne at the end of 201 for a career total of 196 games.

He hasn't played senior footy since round 15, 2018 when he ruptured the ACL in his left knee against Gold Coast. He then re-injured the same knee during the 2019 pre-season, wiping out the entire year.

However, Dunn is nearing full fitness again and the Pies view him as valuable key defensive support for Darcy Moore and Jordan Roughead.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/383569/bombers-offer-trial-to-202cm-prospect-in-bid-to-bolster-ruck-stocks

https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1236597008908967936?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:45 pm

K wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

I don't think retirements make any difference. They'd be too late. The only thing they can do is put players on the LTI list.

But surly that'd go towards an open spot on the list?

It looks like we'll have to wait until the mid-season draft anyway as time is running out.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:00 pm

Well, P. Ryan wrote:

"Clubs made their final list lodgements in November which means Beams is certain to remain on the Magpies' list in 2020.

Clubs can place a player on an inactive list if he is to be sidelined for a specific period of time."

And earlier he wrote:

"Richmond would need to put Alex Rance on the inactive list to open a spot and replace him with a rookie during the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP), as clubs made final list lodgements after November's rookie draft."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: