Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is he going inside?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:48 pm
Post subject: Is he going inside?Reply with quote

My eldest daughters idiot fiance rolled his new work ute last night.
He'd been at the pub, on the piss for 8hrs with 2 of his employees. BAC of 0.164 and his 4th offence for DD. Nobody else injured. He's in hospital in a serious but stable condition.

Has a 12 month old son and owner operator of a very successful Electrical business with 15 employees.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

18 month suspended sentence; 2 years loss of licence , driving without due care.
other scenarios:

single bloke no kids same offense= 5 years

single women with kids = counseling and extra benefits

married women= charge husband with domestic violence, no loss of licence or penalty.

Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:16 pm

^

Pi. Laughing

Hefty fine and lengthy suspension followed by an interlock seems likely at minimum.

Quote:

Penalties for second and subsequent drink driving offences
All second and subsequent drink driving charges will require you to appear in the Magistrates Court for sentencing. Any previous drink driving offence in the last 20 years will be taken into consideration for the penalty determination. The more offences you have committed in that period the higher the fine and the longer the disqualification period.

For a BAC between 0.05 and 0.69, your fine will be at least $500 and you will be disqualified from driving for between 6 and 8 months.
If your BAC was 0.07 to 0.079 you will receive a minimum fine of $600, and a disqualification of either 8 months or 10 months.
If your BAC was 0.08 to 0.089 you receive a minimum fine of $600 and disqualification from 8 to 10 months.
If your BAC was 0.09 but less than 0.11 you receive a minimum fine of $900, and a disqualification period of either 10 or 13 months.
BAC readings of 0.11 but less than 0.13 will incur a minimum fine of $1200, and a disqualification period of 14 or 17 months.
If your BAC was between 0.13 and 0.149 you receive a minimum fine of $1600, and a disqualification of either 18 months or 30 months.
For BAC readings 0.15 or higher you can expect to receive a minimum fine of $2100 up to $5000, and a disqualification of 30 months for second offences, and a life ban for third and subsequent offences. The Magistrate can also order a term of imprisonment for 18 months instead of the fine for subsequent drink driving offences with a BAC of 0.15 or higher.
For second and subsequent drink driving offences committed within 5 years of the first, from October 16, the court will be required to impose an interlock order on the offender. All costs associated with complying with the order are borne by the offender.

https://www.gotocourt.com.au/drink-driving/wa/dui-penalties/

I'd be telling him to get a lawyer and practice being remorseful. Unless he's got someone else who could run the business if he goes inside, his lawyer could plea that a custodial sentence would not only impact his direct dependants but could render 15 innocent people unemployed.

If he does get off with a fine, make sure the penny drops that he better not do it again unless he wants his sphincter dilated in prison.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:41 pm

Regards legal representation.
I'm assuming that, as a fellow Nickster, P4S will make himself available at a reduced rate? Perhaps pro bono?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:23 pm

Pi wrote:
18 month suspended sentence; 2 years loss of licence , driving without due care.
other scenarios:

married women= charge husband with domestic violence, no loss of licence or penalty.

Laughing

Oh dear Rolling Eyes

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:29 pm
Post subject: Re: Is he going inside?Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
He'd been at the pub, on the piss for 8hrs with 2 of his employees. BAC of 0.164 and his 4th offence for DD. Nobody else injured. He's in hospital in a serious but stable condition.

Has a 12 month old son and owner operator of a very successful Electrical business with 15 employees.

Dickhead should be charged with everything available given he's a recidivist. He's a potential killer. Should lose his licence for a very long time and should be jailed given it's his 4th offence. The fact no one else was hurt was good luck not good management.

Should be forced to wipe the arses of quadraplegics who are victims of drunk drivers (if they'd let him).

Then we should look at a suitable punishment. Sounds like he needs a brain transplant; judging by the evidence he doesn't seem to have one.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:07 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Pi wrote:
other scenarios:

Laughing

Oh dear Rolling Eyes

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.
That said; I spent 12 years as a volunteer in emergency services; I’ve cleaned up the mess after more car accidents than I really want to think about, you can’t help making jokes about it all to maintain what ever sanity you have left. You want to hear the dead arm story?

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:39 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Skids wrote:

Dickhead should be charged with everything available given he's a recidivist. He's a potential killer. Should lose his licence for a very long time and should be jailed given it's his 4th offence. The fact no one else was hurt was good luck not good management.

Should be forced to wipe the arses of quadraplegics who are victims of drunk drivers (if they'd let him).

Then we should look at a suitable punishment. Sounds like he needs a brain transplant; judging by the evidence he doesn't seem to have one.

Something that we actually agree on WPT.

Been very tough having to deal with this clown in my daughters life TBH. Been many times I would have gladly knocked his block off, but, my daughter always sticks up for him and, well, my hands have been tied.

Very long story, I think I've aired quite a bit of this situation over the years in this forum.

* Just heard his BAC was actually 0.184. Absolute fool.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Going by what Stui has posted he'll lose his car licence for life.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:43 pm

Skids wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Skids wrote:

Been very tough having to deal with this clown in my daughters life TBH. Been many times I would have gladly knocked his block off, but, my daughter always sticks up for him and, well, my hands have been tied.

Very long story, I think I've aired quite a bit of this situation over the years in this forum.

Sounds like he's batting way out of his league mate.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:03 pm

He is not related to the numbnut who faced his 4 th charge of dui whilst disqualified and after getting a extended suspended sentence and disqualification walked into the car park, got in a drivers seat and opened a can . Copper saw him and marched him back and magistrate enforced the suspension and he got locked up and his brother in law had his car confiscated.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:54 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Regards legal representation.
I'm assuming that, as a fellow Nickster, P4S will make himself available at a reduced rate? Perhaps pro bono?

The Criminal Bar is poor enough, as it is, without me taking their work, as well.
partypie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:20 pm

If he wants to stay out of jail he should go straight to rehab! And start volunteering at soup kitchens etc. Hes going to need a driver as well because he's probably going to lose his licence for life (although he could possibly get an extraordinary licence in WA) Thankfully nobody else was injured. Your daughter will get sick of him eventually if he doesn't change.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:23 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Pi wrote:
other scenarios:

Laughing

Oh dear Rolling Eyes

sounds fair - husbands drive you to drink!!

lock him up, never to get a licence again. what a dickhead!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:47 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Skids wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Skids wrote:

Sounds like he's batting way out of his league mate.

Not with his income.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: