Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

tipping against the pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureka 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:40 am
Post subject: tipping against the piesReply with quote

hi who actually does footy tipping and tips against the pies look I feel the pies will lose Thursday night v tigers all im been is realistic im feel that leading up to round 1 I was too much expecting a win and when a lose occurs I feel like well you know the rest.This week and the next few weeks im not expecting many or any wins so it lessens the let down.
So who else takes this tactic tipping against the pies its not a bad thing it makes the win feel better if you tip against your team.

I do feel Collingwood need to gel a lot more instant success wont come quick and easy this year and they need to work themselves out too. Need to get used to playing at night its different ball game the yellow ball seams to be heavyier and more dewy too. Also night games tend be more of a slippery surface too.Speaking of surfaces the scg is terrible along with marvel.

Don't forget runners ups are as much as the hunted then the premiers are they are in the picture this year but without the silverware im afraid.

The only real chance of a win is v bulldogs but they are currently doing well.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I never, ever tip against us. I got 6 last week and I'm leading the work one (53 people), was 4 points off the margin on Thursday night.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Post subject: Re: tipping against the piesReply with quote

eureka wrote:
hi who actually does footy tipping and tips against the pies look I feel the pies will lose Thursday night v tigers all im been is realistic im feel that leading up to round 1 I was too much expecting a win and when a lose occurs I feel like well you know the rest.This week and the next few weeks im not expecting many or any wins so it lessens the let down.
So who else takes this tactic tipping against the pies its not a bad thing it makes the win feel better if you tip against your team.

I do feel Collingwood need to gel a lot more instant success wont come quick and easy this year and they need to work themselves out too. Need to get used to playing at night its different ball game the yellow ball seams to be heavyier and more dewy too. Also night games tend be more of a slippery surface too.Speaking of surfaces the scg is terrible along with marvel.

Don't forget runners ups are as much as the hunted then the premiers are they are in the picture this year but without the silverware im afraid.

The only real chance of a win is v bulldogs but they are currently doing well.

I do tip against the Pies, I love the club and all. I have a strange logic in that when I do tip against them often they win.

But more to the point I am realist, we won't win every game. Their are sides that for what ever reason have the wood over us.

West Coast - when we play them, sorry pies I tip West Coast till the club proves me wrong.

Hawthorn - another team that we just seem to let get the better of us. Again I am waiting for the team to show me they can beat.

Geelong- starting to now also look like a hoodoo side.

Last edited by derkd on Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
eureka 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:22 pm

It all depends on if you tip with your head or your heart if it’s head I generally tip who we play if they are a better side if it’s heart the first impulse is to tip Collingwood
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:57 pm

Never have never will
Pie as a Kite 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:39 pm

While I am biased towards the Pies, I do tip against us if I really can't see us winning. I try to justify it that I'll have a win either way: a Collingwood win or a tipping win.
Of course, I prefer the former to the latter.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:57 pm

When did being realistic ever come into any of your other cockamamie suggestions.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:26 pm

BHPIE wrote:
Never have never will

this

yonks ago at GMH i actually won with the last match of the season - a match we had no chance in - I was equal with another Collingwood supporter, he tipped against us! We won, so did I!!!!!

eureka 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:59 pm

What did I tell ya
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:46 am

Yep, despite 50 years as a totally tragic Magpie, if I feel we're not looking hot, or the oppo seems to have us outmatched I will tip against us, and hard as it was, I did so this week.

But a fair part of it is that if I feel we're up against it then at least my tipping is going ok if we lose, whereas if we have a big win who gives a rats about tipping comps!!

Just like tonight! GO Pies! That was a HUGE win!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: