Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How would you describe your religious beliefs?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How religious are you?
Strong
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Moderate
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Weak
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Agnostic
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Athiest
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I an athiest but my parents are christians and my girlfriend is Buddhist, my sister in law is a muslim. Some of the temples in Thailand are hideously tiring for a rising 60 year old with a bad knee. I just don't go anymore. Kneel down in 40 degree heat on stone after walking up 300 stairs.

There is a temple in Chang Mai that has a 1000 steps . It is a major tourist attraction there. Up a mountain. Luckily 1 was clued in. For 20 baht (about a dollar) you can get an elevator which is not advertised but is there. They are tiny steps so if you have big feet its torture. Chang Mai is also one of the worse places for air pollution in the world so you can imagine whats its like for the older unfit people trying to walk. When you get to the top there a few souvenir stalls and a juice stand but no beer.

I am thing if Morrigu goes to Chang mai and sees the Elephant tours etc and monkey shows there will be a need for some chilling out with the monks.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:02 pm

I voted for Athiest though I have no desire to push an agenda.

I'm not totally devoid of spirituality either, though mine isn't linked to any God it's more a feeling of wonderment and connectedness when I look up into a nights sky full of stars or observe/interact with animals in nature.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:26 pm

ronrat wrote:
I an athiest but my parents are christians and my girlfriend is Buddhist, my sister in law is a muslim. Some of the temples in Thailand are hideously tiring for a rising 60 year old with a bad knee. I just don't go anymore. Kneel down in 40 degree heat on stone after walking up 300 stairs.

There is a temple in Chang Mai that has a 1000 steps . It is a major tourist attraction there. Up a mountain. Luckily 1 was clued in. For 20 baht (about a dollar) you can get an elevator which is not advertised but is there. They are tiny steps so if you have big feet its torture. Chang Mai is also one of the worse places for air pollution in the world so you can imagine whats its like for the older unfit people trying to walk. When you get to the top there a few souvenir stalls and a juice stand but no beer.

I am thing if Morrigu goes to Chang mai and sees the Elephant tours etc and monkey shows there will be a need for some chilling out with the monks.

I'm thinking there may be a need for some medical assistance for whoever runs those tours and shows, Wink

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:17 pm

Used to be agnostic.

Now I'm somewhere between moderate and weak.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:28 pm

^

Interesting, if it's not too personal would you care to explain what changed?

Obviously no obligation to do so if you prefer not to.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:05 pm

No, it's just a personal thing after a life changing event a few years back.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:09 pm

No dramas mate, whatever works for you. Legit.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:56 pm

stui magpie wrote:
ronrat wrote:

I'm thinking there may be a need for some medical assistance for whoever runs those tours and shows, Wink

Laughing have been to Chang Mai a couple of times - I don't yell at the people who run these disgusting activities just tell them ( firmly) I'm not interested in your "show" it's cruel and it makes me sick - they genuinely looked shocked!!

Muppet selfish tourists are the reason it continues and they get both barrels - have even wasted a perfectly fine Chang on one or two Wink

I flirted with Buddhism a few years ago - I was initially attracted by it as it sees animals as sentient beings like humans and teaches that the lives of human and non-human animals be treated with equal respect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: