Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Eagles. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
think positive wrote:

BS, TP. I thought you wanted an analysis. you are simply ranting irrationally. To go forward from this, we need to analyse objectively where we were not up to standard and therefore what we need to do to improve our performance next week. I am totally done with vituperation against umpires. Next week, who knows? They might favour us. Such is the nature of randomness.

How would an objective analysis here help improve the team's performance?

I am assuming that if we here could come up with an objective analysis of what the Pies need to do to improve, then so could our coaches.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:06 pm

Morning all.
Well this coming from someone who hates West Coast more than all of you combined.
Deep Breath.
Its only Round 3.
I have faith in this lot.
I looked up last night and thought shit whats that but low and behold it wasnt the sky falling.
Bring on next week and lets reload.
If and when our 2019 Campaign is in tatters then Ill feel demoralised.
Until then, Go Pies.

Bring on Round 4.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:10 pm

Leggie wrote:
Morning all.
Well this coming from someone who hates West Coast more than all of you combined.
Deep Breath.
Its only Round 3.
I have faith in this lot.
I looked up last night and thought shit whats that but low and behold it wasnt the sky falling.
Bring on next week and lets reload.
If and when our 2019 Campaign is in tatters then Ill feel demoralised.
Until then, Go Pies.

Bring on Round 4.

Great post.It's only round three,premierships aren't decided early in April.There's still a long way to go.Go back to this time last year.In round three last year,we had a battling win over Carlton,after losing our first two matches.After watching us that night,who would have thought that we would go on to make the grand final and nearly win it?
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:10 pm

How can we lure Cunnington from North. He’s a tough, bulldog and a star. Exactly the type of complimentary midfielder we need for this nice white collar midfield of ours.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:16 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
How can we lure Cunnington from North. He’s a tough, bulldog and a star. Exactly the type of complimentary midfielder we need for this nice white collar midfield of ours.

Simply tell him theres us and theres North. Then ask who he would prefer.
Shouldn't take him long to decide. 😂

eureka 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:46 pm

have the pies really "improved" I feel all they have done is add on a few players but are not really stars beams rough head just good players but that's about it. Elliot is too flashy. Moore the only real stand out so far. Howe had a shocker last night another whos had a shocker were steel and pendes. De goe was good early then went missing and cox well terrible.

the pies have a lot of sorting out to do and will struggle v dogs Friday night.

the only positive that came out of last night was getting through un injured adams probably will get rubbed out for 1 game for that late clumsy hit.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:17 pm

eureka wrote:
have the pies really "improved" I feel all they have done is add on a few players but are not really stars beams rough head just good players but that's about it. Elliot is too flashy. Moore the only real stand out so far. Howe had a shocker last night another whos had a shocker were steel and pendes. De goe was good early then went missing and cox well terrible.

the pies have a lot of sorting out to do and will struggle v dogs Friday night.

the only positive that came out of last night was getting through un injured adams probably will get rubbed out for 1 game for that late clumsy hit.

Yes they have.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:30 pm

Upsetting but no time for “Oh we are gone crap”

Let the season unfold and Que Sera Sera

eureka 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Last night was pies kick 1 goal west coast then kick the next 3
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Was just about to write. After quarter time we failed to kick consecutive goals. Horrible.
rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:03 pm

i think it's time Bucks permanently moves De Goey to the midfield. (with sporadic rests in the forward line). He will create much needed spark and dominate games coz he is ELITE. You can see it in his face , he wants the ball at all times. A midfield with De Goey, Adams and Maynard doing the coalface work with Treloar , Pendles and Sidey getting the outside run happening.
We must sacrifice De Goeys flawless forward line contribution and replicate it in the centre.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Elliot taking steps —WHE back and around goals with Stevo

Then the hard nut trio at the coal face may be workable

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:15 pm

Pendlebury should go permanently to half back, we have an abundance of mids and he can direct traffic much easier from there.

Stephenson should just play as a forward for this season - reassess next season. De Goey should also stay forward, for now.

Won't happen but I'd prefer Sidey to do more time as a forward too, I think people need to weight up his half assed dinky kicks vs his awesome tank vs his ability to sniff out goals.

Remember to win we need to actually kick goals... and we have a LOT of guys capable of running through the midfield.

Varcoe should come back in imo, we miss his pressure. and. hopefully he can get his hands on the actual ball a bit more now he's missed a game.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:48 pm

The Mongrel Punt summed it up pretty well :

Collingwood transferred play from side to side across their defensive 50, and they simply could not find a way through the hard-working Eagles defenders and mids. Back and forth they went, trying to find something, but the work of Barrass, and Cole, Hurn and Sheppard was impeccable. It left them with no choice but to go long down the line, and that’s the place where Jeremy McGovern dwells, waiting like a bear to gobble up a trout trying to swim upstream.
It was perfect defensive pressing, and whilst Collingwood were disciplined in not trying to risk a kick into that West Coast web, they just couldn’t get through it. Impressive stuff by West Coast - so well drilled against a team that absolutely picked Richmond apart last week with their foot skills.

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2019/04/05/gbueaglespies
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:06 pm

No doubt that they have the wood on us. That makes 4 losses in our last 14 games to them, 3 of which were at the MCG.

Frustrating that we could not take advantage of Grundys dominance. Think Grundy was so frustrated in the 3rd, that he started to try clear the thing himself rather than trying to tap it to our mids.

Think that Sier would add badly needed grunt in the centre square.

They beat us at the contest too many times when we had multiple players at the contest, whilst they waited on the outside and hurt us with their speed. Think we just need to be smarter around the packs and not all go to the ball.

Too many costly rookie errors which are costing us, like Mayne I think in the clear slipping while Jai started to spread and they get a goal from that. Think they got the rub of the green with the bounce and mis kicks ending up with them.

Early days so not getting too concerned.

Played 3 quality sides, so now hopefully can fine tune our game against the lower ranked sides to come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14   

Jump to: