Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFLW GRAND FINAL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:59 pm
Post subject: AFLW GRAND FINALReply with quote

i cant believe there is no thread for this!
its a cracker of a game, ive tried to watch games and the standard has been so crap i could not get though it! However my physio is playing for Carlton, kerryn harrington, and im crook so im watching it, and i reckon 80% of the talent in the comp is in these 2 teams! they can actually take a mark! the crows are bloody good,

but for Kerryn, who saved my sanity, Go , ugh, Blues!!

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching.

Lots of injuries. Feels like one of the games of the year despite the margin.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:25 pm

Collingwood lost 2 games by under a goal. We win both of them and we are in the finals.

We could have been playing today. The Crows are dominant tho.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:30 pm

They are killing it!

I tell you what, the sportsmanship then had me In tears, I hope she can hang around for her medal, superstar performance

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:48 pm

Been a bit of carnage today.

53,000 at the venue.

Crows deserving.

Feel bad for the Carlton players, but I guess it's still Carlton.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:46 am

55,000 people: Wow, how f*cking amazing. To all the nay sayers: the people have voted
K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:01 am

I don't think so. How much did those 55,000 people pay? How much would they be willing to pay?
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:15 pm

I'm shocked that the GF was actually free.

I know the season games were free, but I was a bit surprised to hear the GF was free.

K 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:59 am

On twitter, some people are getting angry about this sort of talk. "Don't mention the war." (Your surprise invalidates their response.)
K 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:10 am

The state government also made public transport free. How did the AFL convince them to do that?? (Should we be happy it was an interstate GF, then? Wink )
eureka 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:36 am

I feel the aflw gf was over rated there were plenlty of much better games through out the comp no one likes a one sided gf and it was just a training drill.

I feel the crows captain acl was a bummer.

All in all I was hoping for a much closer gf a good crowd.

Collingwood I feel need to either pull out of aflw next time or they better improve themselves.

I think the vflw is on during the afl season so lets hope they go ok.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:08 pm

"At the end of the day society still wants us girls to know our place both in the home and on the sporting field. It's why after the record crowd attendance at the AFLW grand final some still wanted to put us back in our place by telling us it didn’t matter because it was free to attend.

Sure, free if you don't count the money spent on public transport or parking the car at the ground. Free if you don't count buying food and drink for yourself and the family at the ground. Free if you count the fact that fans went to this expense despite Channel 7 broadcasting the game live."

https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/gender/why-do-men-care-so-much-when-women-get-injured-playing-afl-20190417-p51f0a.html

Hollman is wrong here. Public transport was free, so she doesn't even have her facts right. Buying food and drink?? No one is forced to eat at the footy, and you can bring your own food if you want. But those are just details. Hollman is wrong on more important things than just details. Hollman is wrong because obviously the price gives context to the numbers, just as it does to membership numbers. We know, for example, that Richmond's "record membership" is largely meaningless, because it doesn't earn them anywhere near the revenue that all the high-priced WCE memberships do. Does she really believe that AFLW is so fragile that we have to engage in what amounts to propaganda, with simple facts taboo? It may have been a good business move by the AFL to make entry free. Free public transport is the SA government's business. Maybe SA taxpayers will have opinions on that. But I don't know how good an attendance of 50,000 when it's free is compared with, say, 25,000 paying $5, or 15,000 paying $10. It's fair to discuss these things. That's just part of discussing the business of sport.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:27 pm

As long as there's two sexes, they'll be this sort of stuff.

I like the AFLW. Sure, a lot of improvements need to be made, on and off the field. But there's a league. It's on air. People are going. People are talking about it.

Quote:
If we were to believe the commentators during the AFLW season, you would think the injuries the women were getting were catastrophic, confined to only women, and confirmation that the game is too rough and we girls should stick to yoga or pilates.

All it took were a couple of ACL injuries in the grand final for the men to once again make the call that women are too fragile to play football.

I dont recall hearing anything buy praise for the AFLW grand final and the players. Besides at least half of the commentators are female. And if any male commentator was to say something like "women are fragile" and "women shouldnt play sport", then Im sure the likes of Holmes, Lane or Pearce would pull them up fairly quickly.

I feel like this reporter is angry. Or has a chip on their shoulder. Or just looking for something to opinionate about.

You know what, life is good. This is the best time to be alive. Unless you're a Carlton supporter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEdqWZi13I

Wonka 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:25 am

#@
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: