Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pip Dogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
TurkishPie wrote:
Stephenson must play forward pocket

Absolutely!!! Whatever this idea was to play him up the ground, scrap it!!!!!! He's brilliant at sneaking goals - please keep him there Bucks.

I have the feeling that we've been experimenting a bit with game plans so far this season. Trying to find a way of playing controlled football to match it against the Richmonds and Eagles. Please forget that idea Bucks. We have talent to burn and we thrived on chaos football last season. Taking the game on at all costs is the way, not trying to control the movement of the footy. We are great at that - it fires up all the players, brings out the best in them and they play instinctively and brilliantly when allowed to play their natural game.

BTW, Varcoe is worthy of selection simply for his inspirational attack on the game. He never, ever stops busting his guts, works his heart out and lays serious force against the opposition at every opportunity. Great leadership.

I agree not many touches but they were inspirational well done varcs

So when Steve kicked that goal in the last I done his got so excited I punched myself in the face and the left side of my jaw is killing me and swollen!!

FMD what a game

Oh my god,that sounds terrible.You literally gave yourself an uppercut as they say in the classics.Now that’s what I call taking one for the team!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:20 am

doriswilgus wrote:
think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
TurkishPie wrote:

Absolutely!!! Whatever this idea was to play him up the ground, scrap it!!!!!! He's brilliant at sneaking goals - please keep him there Bucks.

I have the feeling that we've been experimenting a bit with game plans so far this season. Trying to find a way of playing controlled football to match it against the Richmonds and Eagles. Please forget that idea Bucks. We have talent to burn and we thrived on chaos football last season. Taking the game on at all costs is the way, not trying to control the movement of the footy. We are great at that - it fires up all the players, brings out the best in them and they play instinctively and brilliantly when allowed to play their natural game.

BTW, Varcoe is worthy of selection simply for his inspirational attack on the game. He never, ever stops busting his guts, works his heart out and lays serious force against the opposition at every opportunity. Great leadership.

So when Steve kicked that goal in the last I done his got so excited I punched myself in the face and the left side of my jaw is killing me and swollen!!

FMD what a game

Oh my god,that sounds terrible.You literally gave yourself an uppercut as they say in the classics.Now that’s what I call taking one for the team!

Yep! I feel such a dick and oh man it’s killing me! I might be eating through a straw tomorrow! One things for sure I’d back myself in a fight now!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:23 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
TP, where do you think Annodam has gone???? No posts in this thread - is that because we won?

Hehe typical!

Mind you I probably went over board, this game just meant so much to me, and I reckon I have PSD from the GF, I just saw red! Such negativity

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:29 am

think positive wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
TurkishPie wrote:

FMD what a game

Yep! I feel such a dick and oh man it’s killing me! I might be eating through a straw tomorrow! One things for sure I’d back myself in a fight now!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:31 am

I flew down for the game.

Shocking, back to our bad form pre-2018.

Long way to go, but far from a performance worthy of Top 8.

Sidebottom shits me to know end with his lack of defensive pressure.

Sad indictment on our supposed Midfield, when Grundy dominates the hitouts, and we are losing the clearances.

Last edited by SteveH67 on Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:43 am

Brodie Grundy had a career-high 58 hitouts tonight. That’s the most hitouts ever recorded in a game by a Collingwood player. His 58 sees him ahead of 3 other Collingwood ruckmen also coincidentally named Brodie Grundy. The 4 of them are the only 4 Collingwood players to record 50 or more hitouts in a game.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:44 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Brodie Grundy had a career-high 58 hitouts tonight. That’s the most hitouts ever recorded in a game by a Collingwood player. His 58 sees him ahead of 3 other Collingwood ruckmen also coincidentally named Brodie Grundy. The 4 of them are the only 4 Collingwood players to record 50 or more hitouts in a game.

yep, amazing. We just have to find out how to take advantage of such domination.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:47 am

think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
TP, where do you think Annodam has gone???? No posts in this thread - is that because we won?

Hehe typical!

Mind you I probably went over board, this game just meant so much to me, and I reckon I have PSD from the GF, I just saw red! Such negativity

Ahhh no, open your eyes, I posted on the first page!

If you’re happy with that shite, then good for you!
The top sides will rip us a new one if we don’t change our game plan.

I don’t mind if we lose & we play well aka GF last year but when they serve up tripe like that yes I will call them twats!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:50 am

SteveH67 wrote:
I flew down for the game.

Shocking, back to our bad form pre-2018.

Long way to go, but far from a performance worthy of Top 8.

Sidebottom shits me to know end his lack of defensive pressure.

Sad indictment on our supposed Midfield, when Grundy dominates the hitouts, and we are losing the clearances.

Sidey seems to have been taken out of the middle contests and perhaps is still adjusting to a new role mainly on the wing??? I thought both he and Pendles both lacked a bit of spark tonight.

However, I reckon if the coach (es) just allow all the players to revert to the free wheeling game plan of 2018, they will all pep up a bit. I feel that chaos football is what gets their gut-busting determination and juices running.
What does it really matter if this sort of game style does not curb the Richmonds and the Eagles??? Really? At least, they will enjoy their football and we will enjoy watching their undoubted talents on show.

Plus, we have to make it to the finals first and I believe we'll be up against it if we don't get our instinctive, run on game happening.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:51 am

Classy
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:52 am

ANNODAM wrote:
yes I will call them twats!

Well, that's where you and I differ, because I would never call our team twats, even if they were wooden spooners..
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:52 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

yep, amazing. We just have to find out how to take advantage of such domination.

Wind the clock back 30 years and have Scotty Russell rove to him. You can’t help but worry about the mids when the greatest ruckman who ever pulled on a Collingwood jumper plays yet another barnstorming game like that and we still get nutted in the midfield.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:54 am

ANNODAM wrote:
think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Hehe typical!

Ahhh no, open your eyes, I posted on the first page!

If you’re happy with that shite, then good for you!
The top sides will rip us a new one if we don’t change our game plan.

I don’t mind if we lose & we play well aka GF last year but when they serve up tripe like that yes I will call them twats!

I'm with you, I was coping some last week. Especially annoying when that moderator deletes your post

eureka 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:59 am

Mild relief bloody hell mihocek reported that’s too many times a pies been reported feed up there’s not even discipline in the team injuries are one thing but I don’t condone reports it’s Moore down back was the difference
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:02 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

Wind the clock back 30 years and have Scotty Russell rove to him. You can’t help but worry about the mids when the greatest ruckman who ever pulled on a Collingwood jumper plays yet another barnstorming game like that and we still get nutted in the midfield.

Yes, he is truly a wonderful player in all respects, but it's not all that often that his tap downs land square in the hands of the mid-field players in space. I noticed that a lot of times tonight, they just went straight down to his feet and that doesn't result in clearances. Brodie then drops to his knees to try and influence the ground play himself. Perhaps, if he could just manage to get a little more distance out with his taps when he clearly winning in the ruck, the mid-fielders would have a better chance of clearing it?

Regardless, we would not have been able to win without him tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: