Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#9 John Noble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m hoping that John Noble’s form warrants him playing in the finals if we make it again this year. He deserves success.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:08 am

Been watching some of last years games and what stands out about Noble is his foot skills and athleticism. Most of his passes around the ground are elite. What appears to let him down is his physicality/one on one/contest work.

I am sure he would be first 18 in many other teams in the comp - either off half back or the wing. Just bad luck for him that we have Josh (Copeland, AA), Sidey, Crispy and WHE in the same team.

MagpieWhisperer35 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:50 pm

Markov was probably Noble exit catalyst and no doubt a solid addition, but seeing john noble at the siren is the most upsetting part of the flag for mine, so i want another one for him. That would be the shit seeing noble hold the cup
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:40 am

i agree. really wish he was on instead of Ginny, who lets face, it did sweet **** all! kicked 2 points that should have been easy goals.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:55 am

Noble's effort and dedication are to be admired. His lack of talent, not so much. If he had been good enough, the 137th player on the list would not have been in his spot. Markov demonstrated how - in big Finals - size and strength can overcome a complete lack of talent. Noble has neither.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:12 am

^ a complete lack of talent. Noble has neither.

After 92 AFL games he deserves more respect than that.
Come down to training one night and let him know what you think.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:42 am

^ I said his effort and dedication are to be admired. He's just not much of a footballer, which is why he missed the Grand Final in favour of another guy who also isn't much of a footballer - but just happens to be bigger.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:37 pm

Markov to me is another WHE. He is a good find.

I have always admired Noble, but as is the case for every player, it's till someone better comes along, Noble had his shortcomings, but our overall list had more.

Interestingly, when Nick Daicos came along, he retained a spot in the 22.

Last year, I think it was the Saints game where both he and Markov were selected in the 22, I sensed on that day the coaches were testing.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:32 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Noble's effort and dedication are to be admired. His lack of talent, not so much. If he had been good enough, the 137th player on the list would not have been in his spot. Markov demonstrated how - in big Finals - size and strength can overcome a complete lack of talent. Noble has neither.

Opinions differ on Noble and I reckon you are quite harsh in your assessment. He is one I have penciled in to become a regular senior player again and use the motivation of being dropped for the GF as a trigger for playing his best season yet. I’m pretty certain and confident that the club retained him, believing just that. Noble will prove the sceptics wrong 😑

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:14 am

Noble is a wonderful player. His talent is clear to anyone watching him objectively. I was shocked when he was dropped in the finals...as suggested at the time, maybe due to lack of physical presence to deal with Melbourne forwards. When we won that game, he did not get another look in.
I am looking forward to watching John in 2024.
Will he have gained some extra muscle and physical presence?
Or will he prime himself for a role we have not yet foreseen?
He is a magnificent field kick, and his pace is blistering.
I am confident he will be playing a very important role for us in 2024.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:08 am

He is valuable fast and an accurate kick as others have noted unfortunately not physically strong enough as others have noticed

He good depth and needs 8 more games and hopefully marries an amazon
I expect he will seek a trade at years end

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:46 am

unless there are lots of injuries, it is going to be hard to give everyone a game that you want.

There is only Ginny missing from the premiership team, and that spot obviously taken by schultz.

so, for Noble, Johnson, Macrae, Mcinnes etc, they need to take the place of a reigning premiership player

i think we have the window to rest the older players all year at times (unsure if that is good or not)
piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:50 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
unless there are lots of injuries, it is going to be hard to give everyone a game that you want.

There is only Ginny missing from the premiership team, and that spot obviously taken by schultz.)

Good point - its easy to think about McStay missing and Adams no longer here, but they werent there on GF day either (although I dont think that was our strongest team of the year).

If you look at the season on average, Adams was in, McStay was in. Frampton probably out, Lipinski and Ginnivan on the fringes.

Your point stands though - lots of guys who will be hoping to make a mark, but they'll have to get a spot first. Seems like McRae, Johnson and McInnes are the front runners for more regular spots. There is also no chance we have no injuries all year.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:57 pm

gurugeoff wrote:

There is only Ginny missing from the premiership team, and that spot obviously taken by schultz.

so, for Noble, Johnson, Macrae, Mcinnes etc, they need to take the place of a reigning premiership player

i think we have the window to rest the older players all year at times (unsure if that is good or not)

hmm i reckon lippa will be under pressure, and obviously Bradbury! hard to put anyone else out!

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:37 pm

gurugeoff wrote:

I have always thought that players should miss games only if injured, suspended, ill, personal reasons or for unforeseen circumstances. I also believe in the “horses for courses” policy. However resting players just for the sake of it can counter productive if things don’t go according to plan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27   

Jump to: