Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Should Eddie be talking about other clubs ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
princem007 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:05 pm
Post subject: Should Eddie be talking about other clubs ?Reply with quote

I had to cringe when listening to eddie on the radio talking about Carlton and that they should try and get Alistair Clarkson.

I don’t think a club president should be giving their views on another club and I know Carlton aren’t happy about it,

If ever they needed any more motivation Ed well you’ve just gone and given it to them.

A club with their backs to wall don’t need any more motivation against their arch rival.

Why Eddie ? When you get this question can’t you just say Bolton is doing a good job and give him time you we did with Buckley for 4 years.

Thoughts ?

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a media guy.
He can give his opinion on anything.
Rubbish and confronting opinions sell papers.
Political correct opinions put people to sleep.
I don't like Ed much...but the club is rocking so my opinion
doesn't count.
I'm with Ed until we fall over big time.
And we won't fall over this year.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:23 pm

Oh come on, this is Eddie looking to get a rise out of the Carlton supporters. The game needs rivalries and Ed is doing that with every intention of provoking the ire of the Carlton supporters ahead of Saturday's clash.
The competition needs a bit of spark at the moment, it's becoming too homogeneous. We need the characters off the field drumming up some interest in what has otherwise become a vapid opening to the season.
And it's, Carlton, some of us will never forget...

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:09 pm

Agree laurie. Players are so restricted by morons in the media and even bigger morons on social media that they have be sterile. Most people couldn't name 5 club presidents but they all know Eddie. If Carlton don't like it who cares. It is not like Pigs arse Elliott and George Harris set examples of the milk of human kindness. Kenneth Luke rigged the zones to set Carlscum up and Ian Rice was a backstabber.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:50 pm

No. I wish he’d shut it, especially in the week leading up to playing Carlton.

Remember a few years ago when Eddie has his own show on Foxtel, he had Stephen Kernahan as his ‘guest’ following a horror Carlton loss, and was basically giving him a ‘there there’ sympathetic ‘keep at it, things will turn’ type of talking to. Carlton ended up smacking us up the following week. It was embarrassing.

E 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:43 am
Post subject: Re: Should Eddie be talking about other clubs ?Reply with quote

princem007 wrote:
I had to cringe when listening to eddie on the radio talking about Carlton and that they should try and get Alistair Clarkson.

I don’t think a club president should be giving their views on another club and I know Carlton aren’t happy about it,

If ever they needed any more motivation Ed well you’ve just gone and given it to them.

A club with their backs to wall don’t need any more motivation against their arch rival.

Why Eddie ? When you get this question can’t you just say Bolton is doing a good job and give him time you we did with Buckley for 4 years.

Thoughts ?

We are a funny lot.

When we lose games where the umpires influence the outcome, we scream bloody murder for days. When other clubs do it, we say this proves what a pack of whingers and whiners they are and then we spend days trying to justify the decisions as correct as if we need to vindicate the victory (howe often do you hear Carlton playters trying to argue that the ball was in back in 79. They just laugh and say, how many premierships have you won).

Alternative: Take the good with the bad.

Now we appear to be suggesting that its bad form for one of ours to stoke the embers at rival clubs by making controversial suggestions, even though we all get very upset when other clubs do the same to us (e.g., suggesting Sier needs to find another home). If we get upset when they do it to us, dont you think its having the same effect on rival clubs and supporters.

Alternative: Let's give as good as we get!! Stick up for us Eddie and let those bastards feel the burn for a bit! Good on him i say.

K 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:58 am

Pie-supporting journo Niall is not impressed:

Collingwood boss Eddie McGuire makes a blue

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-boss-eddie-mcguire-makes-a-blue-20190508-p51lg7.html

"On the Eddie scale of contentious comments, the suggestion that the Blues approach Clarkson wouldn’t make the top 20.

That said, Buckley and the Collingwood football department cannot have relished their president’s ‘‘hypothetical’’ ruminations on the coaching position at Carlton in the week that the Pies meet them.

Buckley made plain that he didn’t like the McGuire comments in his regular SEN spot with Gerard Whateley..."
E 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:33 am

K wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-boss-eddie-mcguire-makes-a-blue-20190508-p51lg7.html

"On the Eddie scale of contentious comments, the suggestion that the Blues approach Clarkson wouldn’t make the top 20.

That said, Buckley and the Collingwood football department cannot have relished their president’s ‘‘hypothetical’’ ruminations on the coaching position at Carlton in the week that the Pies meet them.

Buckley made plain that he didn’t like the McGuire comments in his regular SEN spot with Gerard Whateley..."

perfectly played by Bucks. Well done to all involved. I love that Eddie takes the heat and provides everyone with cover.

Do you really think its done without clear strategy? Eddie didnt become one of the most powerful individuals in Australia without astute strategic planning.

Its like the idiots who think that Trump doesn't have a plan. His madness is very strategic.

K 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:36 am

E wrote:
perfectly played by Bucks. Well done to all involved. I love that Eddie takes the heat and provides everyone with cover.

Do you really think its done without clear strategy? ...

That's what everyone used to claim about Al McAlister... until it was clear he was becoming a liability.
E 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:42 am

Pretty sure Alan Mcalister was never the success in life that Eddie is. From politics, to business, to entertainment to sport and to celebrity, the dude is just an out an out success story. Footy was an amateur show run by amateurs when mcalister was around.

by the way K, do you ever sleep? Or do you get wake up buzzes when someone posts on Nicks so you can wake up and reply promptly?

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:03 am

E wrote:
K wrote:

Do you really think its done without clear strategy? Eddie didnt become one of the most powerful individuals in Australia without astute strategic planning.

Its like the idiots who think that Trump doesn't have a plan. His madness is very strategic.

Yes, on the evidence it is clear that McGuire always clearly plans out his public utterances. Especially those made in his guise as a media man.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:46 am

E wrote:
We are a funny lot. When we lose games where the umpires influence the outcome, we scream bloody murder for days. When other clubs do it, we say this proves what a pack of whingers and whiners they are... Now we appear to be suggesting that its bad form for one of ours to stoke the embers at rival clubs by making controversial suggestions, even though we all get very upset when other clubs do the same to us

Don't you know, the players don't actually have any influence on whether we win or lose. It's all the comments of the president, media, coaches, and supporters that put the moxie on us. Not to mention the club song of course

E wrote:
by the way K, do you ever sleep? Or do you get wake up buzzes when someone posts on Nicks so you can wake up and reply promptly?

You misspelt scornfully Wink

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:39 pm

Eddie can say what he likes. He’s not the coach or a player. Doesn’t worry me and if the Carlton players needed that to inspire them on the park then they really do have problems.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:23 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
No. I wish he’d shut it, especially in the week leading up to playing Carlton.

This.

If Mark LoGiudice (Carlton's president) had a media platform and was commenting about our problems, I'd be suspect most of the supporter base would be up in arms about it.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:06 am

^So let the Carlscum fans be up in arms about it, that's why he said it, to wind them up. We should be taking the piss out of them at every opportunity off the ground and beating them on the ground

The whole concept that these comments will have any impact on the outcome of the game is almost as ludicrous as saying the words to the club song caused us to lose grand finals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: