Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 16.10.106
Carlton 13.9.87

Goals: H-E, Flip, De Goey, Stevo, Grundy, Brown 2, Crisp, Treloar, Checkers, JT 1

Disposals: Flip, Sidey 34, Pendles 26, Treloar 34, Mayne 18, De Goey 23, Grundy 25, Brown 21, Levi, Howe 17, Crisp 25, Maynard 13, Langdon, Stevo, Elliott 12, Roughy, Moore 11,

D/E: Roughy 100%, Howe 83.3, Checkers 80, H-E 78.6

Tackles: Brown 8, Maynard 6, Pendles, Reid, Wills 5.

AF points: Grundy 149, Phillips 123, Treloar 116, Sidey 112, De Goey 110, Brown 109, Crisp 105.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:28 pm

VicParkTragic wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
It’s on AFL live if you have it courtesy of Telstra

Thanks but I don’t have Telstra

I forked out & got Kayo TV. Don't use it that much & just for Pies games and Essendon games for she who must be obeyed when they win - fortunately not so much so far (when it's on FTA I record on a set top box )

I will watch the odd storm highlights and some cricket

KAYO is handy for non FTA games. Is it worth $25/ month - probably not.... I rationalize that I don't smoke, barely drink and "ice" is cheap so I can afford to watch it Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:31 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
A good win against a side desperate to atone for last week's drubbing. Make no mistake, Carlton are a different team with Kreuzer in their side. They have been very competitive in all games he has played this year. Our midfield was down for 3/4s, missing the grunt of Adams and the smarts of Beams.

Great teams know how to win, even on 'off' days. Phillips nearly lost, but ultimately won, us the game. That was possibly his best game ever for us.

I haven't seen the game on TV yet, but at the ground I saw Treloar buckled over in pain in the first quarter after a deliberate strike from a Carlton player. After that, he seemed to be laboured until finding his rhythm again in the last quarter. WHE, one of our most talented players, has been relatively quiet all year, and had only one disposal at half time! However he stormed home with 10 in the last quarter and was a major reason we ultimately won the game. I'm not sure if he is still recovering from his pre-season surgery, but we can't afford to have him going missing for such long periods. Hopefully, he'll slowly find some consistent form as he his a genuine X-factor player.

Grundy is a gladiator.

Bad luck to Mayne, getting badly concussed after returning from a few weeks on the sideline. Looking forward to getting Cox and Beams back next week.

Because WHE is an exquisitely talented footballer, he was able to come straight into the side with virtually no training to speak of. He's going at half rat-power, at the moment, but will build as the season goes and he gets fitter. We may not win the premiership with him fit and in the team but we certainly won't win it without him.

Correct weight. Looking forward to when WHE does get match fit

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Before the match, Bucks asked Ed: how would you like us to torture the scums? Smashing them by 100 points? Or tease them, give them false hope until the last 5 minutes?
Ed laughed and rolled on the floor: lets try the second one this time.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:51 am

So Ed didn't write the banner???
Rowdy31 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:48 pm

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:
So Ed didn't write the banner???

I got to my seat right on the first bounce so didn't see the banner. I've just checked it out now, it's very funny but geez it could've come back to bite us on the bum Razz

tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:13 am

^ didn't like the banner...smacked of hubris and over-confidence. Such words can also fire up the opposition. A large reason why many neutral supporters were glad to see Richmond knocked out last year was for this type of cockiness - let's not go down the same path...
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:22 am

Do opposition players get fired up by our banners or do they read them and say, “Yeah, that’s about right. We suck”? The Carlton players are professional footballers - you’d hope they have a reasonable grasp of what a talentless rabble (plus Cripps) looks and plays like.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:34 am

tbaker wrote:
A large reason why many neutral supporters were glad to see Richmond knocked out last year was for this type of cockiness - let's not go down the same path...

Whereas a politely-worded, respectful banner will finally win over the non-Collingwood fans after decades of hating us. In fact I think if done right, we could even have the opposition supporters at the game cheering us on instead of their own team. Jolly good show

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:45 am

“When we play Carlton, we quite like to win
But if our boys can’t, we’ll cheer Daisy in”?
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Impressive final quarter. That's the killer instinct we need. Seize an opponents weakness, and wring their neck.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:01 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
tbaker wrote:
A large reason why many neutral supporters were glad to see Richmond knocked out last year was for this type of cockiness - let's not go down the same path...

Whereas a politely-worded, respectful banner will finally win over the non-Collingwood fans after decades of hating us. In fact I think if done right, we could even have the opposition supporters at the game cheering us on instead of their own team. Jolly good show

The banner was a ripper. Seriously, we've all seen the scum fans leave early before a proper flogging. Rub it in.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:04 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
tbaker wrote:

It's not about winning others over...it's about not exerting cockiness, and being somewhat humble on our way to - hopefully - the top (of which there's no guarantees, just a chance)

tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:07 am

VicParkTragic wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

There is a torrent site dedicated to AFL games, if you know where to look...all games each week are available, usually within a few hours of completion

E 

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:41 am

tbaker wrote:
VicParkTragic wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

There is a torrent site dedicated to AFL games, if you know where to look...all games each week are available, usually within a few hours of completion

or move overseas. The overseas AFL Live app is awesome. I can decide to watch a game whenever i want and can watch it from the start at any time. Means if a game is on at 5am i can get up at 6.30 am and watch it as if its live.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: