Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Saints . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney. We used to lose these games. Now we win them. That's why I'm excited for this team and the club.

You get 0 / 100 for fact checking

No. Just 0/3.
K 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Any news on Langdon knee ? ABC said yesterday suspected PCL but haven't heard anything since
If it is a PCL his season is done if it isn't he will still need some rest I'm guessing

A PCL doesn't have to be season-ending. I'd like to know when he injured it. It was strapped up already in Q2.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Very cunning footballer is Steele
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:54 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Just wanted to say that I though Levi Greenwood was really good Vs St Kilda. Not BOG, but he had a very good impact on the game.

Thought about starting a thread but nah.

I liked what he did Vs Saints. Great movement, great marking, good by foot.

Anyone else agree about Levi?

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:15 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Just wanted to say that I though Levi Greenwood was really good Vs St Kilda. Not BOG, but he had a very good impact on the game.

Greenwood has always been an underrated player. Maybe because he is not a polished kick of the footy. What most people don't see is that he brings a lot of hardness for us can read the game and the flight of the ball real well. He does a lot of the heavy work like shepherding, that is not easily seen. loved his game yesterday he went for it!
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Mossi wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Greenwood has always been an underrated player. Maybe because he is not a polished kick of the footy. What most people don't see is that he brings a lot of hardness for us can read the game and the flight of the ball real well. He does a lot of the heavy work like shepherding, that is not easily seen. loved his game yesterday he went for it!

I thought he played really well.

Who comes in for Langdon?

Dont say Moore, because he was already part of the same backline.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:35 pm

^ Goldsack could come in if Moore isn't fit! Greenwood and Aish to keep their spot! We could also rely on Ben Reid to cover if Cox comes back!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:52 pm

A very good win, with an undermanned side. Stephenson is already A grade!

Levi and Reid were terrific and will most certainly hold their spots.

My main concern, however, is our continuing struggle to win centre clearances, despite having the dominant ruckman. This problem has to be addressed and remedied asap.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:53 pm

K wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Any news on Langdon knee ? ABC said yesterday suspected PCL but haven't heard anything since
If it is a PCL his season is done if it isn't he will still need some rest I'm guessing

A PCL doesn't have to be season-ending. I'd like to know when he injured it. It was strapped up already in Q2.

Given his prior history with knee injuries I would believe it would end his season
It was strapped in the second term but apparently he had nil ability to move laterally when tested in sheds at half time
Haven't been able to find out anything further from club website or on any footy shows
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:12 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Been much better as a HBF than a tagger. The tagging myth should be forever binned and let him just a concentrate on a position where he can back himself on occasions rather than follow an opponent all day. He has been solid over the last couple weeks.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:14 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
K wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Given his prior history with knee injuries I would believe it would end his season
It was strapped in the second term but apparently he had nil ability to move laterally when tested in sheds at half time
Haven't been able to find out anything further from club website or on any footy shows

I will wait on the medical report .
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:20 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
Who comes in for Langdon?

Dont say Moore, because he was already part of the same backline.

Goldsack played forward and back today in the VFL (Mainly forward). He was good and I felt relieved that he's there if we need him. He can cover for Langdon if needed.

IQ has been emergency a few times. Has been travelling and developing nicely in the VFL. Playing with guys like Goldsack and Wells has been great for him. If he were at another club, he may have played a few AFL games by now. He could come in.

Madgen played on Franklin last year remember? I dont think he'll be considered for a call up yet, but he is a leader in the VFL backline. He was fairly good in the VFL today, had a goal or two kicked on him, but overall, had a good match bar one dropped mark.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:12 am

RudeBoy wrote:
A very good win, with an undermanned side.

My main concern, however, is our continuing struggle to win centre clearances, despite having the dominant ruckman. This problem has to be addressed and remedied asap.

Yep that was the only visible problem; I'm hoping things click in the 2nd half of the season.
And if I was the coaching staff, during the bye-week, I would be watching a replay of every 2019 match where we have lost the centre clearances, and trying to determine who isn't running to the right spots under Grundy, and why.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 am

That was a great finish in the end. I wasn't expecting it at all. The first three quarters were a tight struggle. They seemed to want to run and carry more while we struggled to clear it out of defense and hence looked slow and sloppy. We also reverted back to over handballing and turning the ball over.

However, we switched it on when it mattered by controlling the ball and applying constant forward pressure in the end. I was surprised by our accuracy in front of goal as well because we're not normally that good. We are a class above most teams and it's showing. Reid, Mihocek and Stevo were great. Treloar, Beams, Pendlebury and Sidebottom also. Grundy is a machine. Liked Greenwood's game too. If we played him in defense more he would be a pain in the arse for most small/medium forwards you'd reckon. Shame about Langdon though. Hope the injury is not too bad.

I think we did exceptionally well considering the talent that was missing.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am

Thats about how the game went and when a side has momentum like Saints and move ball with such speed allowing talls in fwd line marking mostly unchallenged you look a very ordinary opponent

But they never got off the chain as every time they did kick accurately we nailed one to hold onto score board pressure

Can’t think they kicked back to back goals —we did

Their super effort ran them into the ground and we are a side capable of running a game right out like all good sides

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: