Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Swans. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldy for Langdon for sure.

Will; Moore, JDG or Cox be available?

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:28 am

In: JDG, Sier, Moore
Out: Brown, Phillips, Langdon(inj)

This one is at the SCG and will be won in the clinches, and at the stoppages. We need contested ball animals for this one. The ground is too small for an outside-run game. Sier and DeGoey will address that, and fix our centre-clearancce problem.

Brown, Phillips had poor games against the Saints, and are not contested-ball types. Taking Phillips out will give the added benefit of reducing our clanger count by about 7.
I'm tentatively giving Wills another go, because if there's a game that might suit him, it would be this one.
This will make the long-awaited (for me)l beast midfield unit of DeGoey, Wiills, Sier, Grundy, a reality. I'd love to see how they go in the centre clearances together, even for just 1 game.
In my view using smaller-bodied mids like Treloar and Sidey at the centre bounce just doesn't get it done. Adams probably the exception as he's got the required hardness.

PS. I've never got the selections correct, EVER...so don't worry Smile
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:57 am

It's quite inconceivable that Phillips would be dropped. It isn't going to happen. He's had 11 more kicks than the next Collingwood player (Sidey) this season so far and is 4th in our team for contested possessions and for inside 50s.
E 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:07 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
It's quite inconceivable that Phillips would be dropped. It isn't going to happen. He's had 11 more kicks than the next Collingwood player (Sidey) this season so far and is 4th in our team for contested possessions and for inside 50s.

stop taking the bait!

E 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:10 am

bally12 wrote:
In: JDG, Sier, Moore
Out: Brown, Phillips, Langdon(inj)

This one is at the SCG and will be won in the clinches, and at the stoppages. We need contested ball animals for this one. The ground is too small for an outside-run game. Sier and DeGoey will address that, and fix our centre-clearancce problem.

Brown, Phillips had poor games against the Saints, and are not contested-ball types. Taking Phillips out will give the added benefit of reducing our clanger count by about 7.
I'm tentatively giving Wills another go, because if there's a game that might suit him, it would be this one.
This will make the long-awaited (for me)l beast midfield unit of DeGoey, Wiills, Sier, Grundy, a reality. I'd love to see how they go in the centre clearances together, even for just 1 game.
In my view using smaller-bodied mids like Treloar and Sidey at the centre bounce just doesn't get it done. Adams probably the exception as he's got the required hardness.

PS. I've never got the selections correct, EVER...so don't worry Smile

you'd better hope your awesome foursome get the ball, kick it forward and goal immediately, because they'd be f$ked on the rebound. I could see a situation where the ball gets kicked forward and marked at half back and while the opposition has spread, Sier, DeGoey and Wills are all in the middle with their hands on their knees pulling a few deep breaths.

Football is about balance. Having a beast like DeGoey or Sier is a terrific strategy, but honestly, you'd only want one in there at a time. Wills is big bodied but plays like a little guy. Not the same power as Sier and DeGoey. At least5 not from what i'ver seen at AFL level.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:16 am

In the VFL, Crocker had 26 disposals, Sier had 24 and a goal and Daicos had 23 and a goal.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:08 am

Langdon injury and time out not clear but allowing for just one game out some one comes in be it like for like or another and we adjust role,s

I think we should beat Steak & Kidney but as said any one can win any given day

From Sunday a like for like didn’t show so it’ll be another—-Goldy maybe

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:26 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

Yep and maybe gaining coaches votes in consecutive games against Port and Carlton could also go against him

Last edited by Pies2016 on Mon May 20, 2019 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:38 am

Wasn’t aware of his accumulated kicks but if the team value to kick ratio was high might just have caught coaching panel’s eye

Players in their input do have some down sides and a Pendles 20 pocessions may be more fruitful that 30 from Flip

Then there’s old school saying “I’ve got it -you’ve gotta get it” and get it they must to score

eureka 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:14 pm

whats the update on Langdon I hope varcoe gets off
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:42 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Wasn’t aware of his accumulated kicks but if the team value to kick ratio was high might just have caught coaching panel’s eye

Players in their input do have some down sides and a Pendles 20 pocessions may be more fruitful that 30 from Flip

Then there’s old school saying “I’ve got it -you’ve gotta get it” and get it they must to score

There’s a bit more to Phillips than the obvious odd howler that comes with 30 touches and running yourself into the ground every week.
The wings have become more important than ever with 6 6 6 changes.
They effectively become your extra for a few seconds after the centre clearance. Wingers now have to give more coverage and travel deeper into the pockets than ever before. Players like Sidebottom and Phillips are virtually always there to lend support on the back of their fitness levels and ability to read the play.
It’s easy to measure Phillips by a crap kick every now again. My suggestion is to measure Phillips by the number of times he is in and around contests throughout the game. When you out number the opposition, the rest usually looks after itself.
The same can be said for Sidebottom. We are a much better team when we have a full complement of mids available and Sidey can play as a pure winger.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Both Flip and Sidey have appeared to relish the 6–6–6 and concerns on Flip errors —well premiership and 10 season Sidey has odd error

It’s not desirable but neither is not taking the game on

Their role is very important

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:14 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

There’s a bit more to Phillips than the obvious odd howler that comes with 30 touches and running yourself into the ground every week.
The wings have become more important than ever with 6 6 6 changes.
They effectively become your extra for a few seconds after the centre clearance. Wingers now have to give more coverage and travel deeper into the pockets than ever before. Players like Sidebottom and Phillips are virtually always there to lend support on the back of their fitness levels and ability to read the play.
It’s easy to measure Phillips by a crap kick every now again. My suggestion is to measure Phillips by the number of times he is in and around contests throughout the game. When you out number the opposition, the rest usually looks after itself.
The same can be said for Sidebottom. We are a much better team when we have a full complement of mids available and Sidey can play as a pure winger.

This.

You look at when we're firing and we always appear to have extra numbers at the contest. So often Flip (or Sidey) are the extra out the back receiving the handball and starting a chain or clearing it. They may not even get the ball, but as a body in the contest, they're either free, or manned up making someone else free. Having 2 such elite runners is a luxury few teams have and it makes us so much more dangerous.

Flip would have to be one of the first dozen selected every week and is forgiven the odd howler in much the same way as Adams or (dare I say it) Langdon because of all the positive things they contribute to the team.

All players are flawed. The key is accepting them (or putting them in position to be less glaring) and highlighting their positive attributes (putting them in a position to utilise them the most). In this, I think Bucks and the rest of the coaching staff have done (and continue to do) a wonderful job.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:20 pm

Notes from the track Monday 20th

Moore training with leg strapped—-a good outcome if he gets through the week OK an in for Langdon possible out

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:37 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Notes from the track Monday 20th

Moore training with leg strapped—-a good outcome if he gets through the week OK an in for Langdon possible out

Which part of his leg?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: