Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What should he do for the next 3 months?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:44 am
Post subject: What should he do for the next 3 months?Reply with quote

I'd like to see him incorporate some power training. Try and add 2 kg to the 78kg/190cm frame. Do a 6 week power & bulk routine, then launch into a month of endurance building work.

Played every game since he debuted and this 10 week break could prove to be very telling in the most extrodinairy way!

I'm sure the club has already mapped a plan for the very talented 20yo.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

He should work on his set shots for goal. And avoid the #(%*@# media.
partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:52 am
Post subject: Re: What should he do for the next 3 months?Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
I'd like to see him incorporate some power training. Try and add 2 kg to the 78kg/190cm frame. Do a 6 week power & bulk routine, then launch into a month of endurance building work.

Played every game since he debuted and this 10 week break could prove to be very telling in the most extrodinairy way!

I'm sure the club has already mapped a plan for the very talented 20yo.

No matter what stay injury free!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:24 am

We need our sport scientists to develop a match simulation program which ensures that he is conditioned and ready to play when his ban ends and our finals campaign begins. It surely is possible that with scientifically planned training and match simulation that we can get him at least approximately as well conditioned as if he were playing VFL. We will play him in the finals series... I am absolutely sure of it. We will make sure that his prodigious talent will be utilised in September.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:26 am

Learn to kick torpys from all angles.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:08 am

K wrote:
He should work on his set shots for goal. And avoid the #(%*@# media.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with his shots for goal until he faced the prospect of sanctions for betting on games.

2018: 38.24 [if Travis Cloke had maintained that conversion rate for his career he would have been an AFL Legend]
Before Finals 34.20
During Finals 4.4

2019 21:12 Before St. Kilda game and the conversation with Howie 16.8
After St. Kilda game 5.4

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:23 pm

Travis Cloke IS an AFL legend. I don’t get why people on here want to run down the career of one of the greatest players who has ever taken the field for us. It is not Travis’ fault that the team crumbled around him in 2011 or that the wheels fell off the Collingwood wagon during Travis’ peak seasons. Statistically, he is so far out in front as our greatest CHF since the Second World War that it is not even open for debate.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:41 pm

simon tonna wrote:
Learn to kick torpys from all angles.

Yes!!!!! Laughing

I reckon the club will cover the physical and skills side of his preparation for any finals we are in Wink brilliantly.

What worries me more is the mental and psychological side of things. He still needs to feel that he is part of the team and is included on match days somehow. I reckon he also needs a specific daily job to do, so that he is mentally stimulated and doesn't get bored (for obvious reasons)!!!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:34 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
We need our sport scientists to develop a match simulation program which ensures that he is conditioned and ready to play when his ban ends and our finals campaign begins. It surely is possible that with scientifically planned training and match simulation that we can get him at least approximately as well conditioned as if he were playing VFL. We will play him in the finals series... I am absolutely sure of it. We will make sure that his prodigious talent will be utilised in September.

I wouldn’t worry about his conditioning. He will get smashed on the track and he will tenderised like a fillet Mignon as part of match simulation.
All clubs do it and if you speak to any players who are out suspended for a while, the worst part of the suspension is the caning you receive on the track.
And it’s going to be a very boring three months for him too.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:54 pm

Vegas has some good holiday specials on
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:11 pm

Head over to Kerry (the Collingwood of Gaelic Football) and play round ball
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:35 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Travis Cloke IS an AFL legend. I don’t get why people on here want to run down the career of one of the greatest players who has ever taken the field for us. It is not Travis’ fault that the team crumbled around him in 2011 or that the wheels fell off the Collingwood wagon during Travis’ peak seasons. Statistically, he is so far out in front as our greatest CHF since the Second World War that it is not even open for debate.

Mate, he is a Collingwood legend, on par with Anthony Rocca or Brian Taylor... but his goalkicking accuracy placed him a rung below the Careys, Locketts, Abletts, Dunstalls.. who are/will be AFL legends for their sheer glut of goals or accuracy.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:58 pm

^ Here's the player comparison between Travis Cloke and Royce Hart (who is an official AFL legend, not just a Hall of Fame inductee):

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=I&tid1=15&playerStatus2=I&tid2=5&type=T&pid1=5073&pid2=1521&fid1=C&fid2=C

They don't put players in the Hall of Fame because they kicked straight.

Travis was the single most dominant power marking forward in the competition for 10 years - from 2007 to 2016. We built our entire premiership push from 2007 to 2012 around him - and when the rest of the team became average, Cloke still towered over the competition for another 3 seasons. If he hadn't played for Collingwood, they'd all be talking about him in hushed tones. His feats and his consistency over a long career, playing as our number one forward target in a gameplan built more or less entirely around the fact he played for us, were extraordinary.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:00 pm

The fuking vindictive League, wont even let him play in the VFL, to retain match fitness levels, small minded bloody bastards they truly are. !! I just hope he can retain his fitness, and id let him sit in the matchday box, in games, he may have some good advice for Bucks and Co.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:09 pm

Start with deleting all online betting accounts and apps, replace weetbix with steak (drink the milk instead of pouring it over them) and hit the gym.

Train like a mad cnut for 8 weeks, take a week or so off to get away and mentally recharge, then come back be ready for selection come finals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: