Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I've done all the dumb things

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:07 pm
Post subject: I've done all the dumb thingsReply with quote

Reflecting back, I've done some dumbarse things over the journey, most of them when I was young but not all.

Excuse for a video clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwwJouW_9Bs

The following is a non-exhaustive list of some of the things I've done which were either dumb at the time, dumb in hindsight, or both

2 questions,how many of these have you done and what dumb things have you done that aren't on my list?

1. Skydiving. Nothing very bright about jumping out of a perfectly good airplane

2. fireworks duel. Ever seen a roman candle firework? It's like a wand that shoots balls of fire. You're supposed to stick them in a bottle or something, but if you're stupid you can use them like a wand and duel an opponent with them. Embarassed And this was decades before harry Potter.

3. Drink driving. Done it a few times but the best effort had to be the time a mates car wouldn't start so I towed him home, 21km from Finley to Toc, at 150kmph in a 100 zone after an evening of drinking. . The fact I forgot to take the handbrake off and the bastard kept trying to roll start his car while I was towing him, didn't do wonders for the poor old HQ

4. Jumping off a bridge into a river. Jumping into the Murray from height is always dumb as you never know what's underneath the water. You could land in 3m of water or in 3cm on top of a submerged tree. Did that in my 30's with a mate after drinking while my kids stood on the bridge and cheered us on.

5. Going hunting with people who'd been drinking. I may have driven after drinking but I never ever mixed alcohol and firearms. The one time I went duck shooting on the rice with 2 guys who'd been drinking was the last. Duckshot tickles your legs when your shot at from 70m while wearing jeans, stings if you're wearing shorts (like my mate was) and can still chip paint off a car

6. Taking a home made pipe bomb to school. I won't go into detail here but it was a joint effort. If you take a 30cm piece of aluminium 20mm pipe, crimp one end, drill a small hole in the centre and insert a fuse, pack it full of gunpowder, tamp it down and crimp the other end, you get a very nice explosion and lots of aluminium shrapnel. No one was injured thank geebus.

7. Riding a bicycle off a pier into water. Fun at the time but a PITA having to duckdive to find the bike and drag it back to shore.

8. Getting married. I'll just leave that one there.

9. Driving stoned. Back in the 80's the dope wasn't that strong and I didn't do it often, but the wife wanted to visit a friend and her BF was a stoner, I was assigned to him so had a couple of bongs. Haysoos Christos, he mixed some hash into it and driving home I was a paranoid mess. Never again.

That's the top 9, I reckon I can come up with No. 10 and more with some thought.

So, as above, how many of these 9 have you done and what dumb things have you done that aren't on my list?

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only done 7 of those.

You's a bad ass Stui! Cool

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:43 pm

I'm lucky to be alive in hindsight.

You must have done some dumb things not on my list?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:45 pm

just the one of those for me,
but

im a klutz, i do 10 a day! dont get me started!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:41 pm

C'mon, surely I'm not the only dumbarse on Nicks?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:44 pm

^ only got one - married a footballer dumb dumb dumb - realised the error quickly and divorced him - clever!

But then married a very good man - so do they cancel each other out?

First trip to Paris as a relatively young thing and all by myself I spent a long time ( well a very long time TBH) trying to cross the manic roundabout to get to the Arc de Triomphe - didn't know there was an underground walkway to it Embarassed

Got nothing else sorry I'm dull and boring Razz
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:51 pm

^

Dull and boring, from someone who drives around some of the most dangerous places in Africa. Shocked

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:58 am

I suppose there's a few.

Setting fire to the cowboys fort when we were the Idians in bushland near Kambalda (1974) and the fire making the news.

Buying a 1966 Mustang that just keeps on eating my money.

Leaving the missus in 2009 (grass greener, thank *^%*%^ she took me back!)

Marrying my 1st wife. I should have took more notice of her head butting and smashing the windscreen of my car a year before we said 'I do'

Paddling out at Yallingup when everyone else was sitting on the shore looking at it (1983).... way too big and nearly drowned.

Thinking I was a good boxer and getting in the ring... and finding out I wasn't.... 3 times.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:33 pm

^

Lol at setting fire to the cowboys fort. Laughing

That reminds of when I was about 8 or so, there was a large grass fire not far from the house so I rode the pushie out there, went up to one of the adults fighting the fire and asked if I could help.

He looked at me dressed in shorts and rubber thongs, threw me a damp burlap sack, pointed to an area and told me to start beating out the fire. So I did.

Hey, it was the 70's.

I had to quit when my thongs started to melt.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:44 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:46 pm

Done a couple of Stui's dumb things, also:

Floating down the lerderderg Gorge after a heavy week of rain and nearly didn't make it.

Laying down on top of a VW Bug while my brother was driving fast through the Creswick State Forest (not sure how I stayed on)

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:13 pm

So there are more males than females who post here but seriously you boys where do you come up with the dumb things you have done and do do Laughing Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:34 pm

^

Back before kids were wrapped in cottonwool and not allowed to take risks, boys/young men tend to be bigger risk takers than females.

i'd had 7 broken arms before I was 7. Embarassed

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:56 pm

The dunbest thing I think I did was destroy my mums car when the folks were away at Rotto for the weekend. My bro just reminded me when we were havin' a yarn.

I was 15 (1982), Mum had a brand spanking new Ford Cortina Ghia in the Driveway.
They took off for a long weekend (Rotto) and left me in charge (idiots) of the house and my 9yr old bro. Not long after they boarded the boat, I was cruising the streets of Basso in Mums car, picked up my GF (Eva (17), the hottest Chech chic you could imagine.. god, the things she did to me!) and then some mates.

Went around a corner and lost it big time. Down a ditch sideways. Got a mates old man to come and tow us out. Got it home, washed it and made it schmick... so I thought!

Went off to school on the Tuesday, come home and my old man knocks me off my feet when I get home.

Mum had gone to the shops and the car was driving like a pig. Had a bent wishbone and all sorts of shit totally cactus on it... there was mud and scrub and all sorts under the car I didn't even think of cleaning!
My next 3 months wages went to paying for the damage.

Geez my Dad flogged me so many times!... what dumb fcka messes with an ex SAS bloke??? Skids Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:25 pm

^

Ouch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: