Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The good, the bad and the ugly truth about Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Cam, that Brown, Varcoe, WHE and Cox weigh up to one good player. Crying or Very sad
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:56 pm

Just watching Geelong, and the comment was made about Rohan that "they picked him up cheaply". Howcome only Hawks and Cats pick up good players cheaply. We seem to pay an arm and a leg for average players like Mayne.

Even when we do get a decent player like Treloar, and pay an unprecedented 2x first round picks, Caro is still at us for Gubby conspiring to create a dodgy deal on that one. Did she want to pay us 3 first rounders? I don't get it.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Think Mason might be believe his own press and think β€œShit how easy”
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:00 pm

No doubt Treloar VG but this week after week 30+ touches for moderate impact on effectiveness
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:10 pm

bally12 wrote:
Just watching Geelong, and the comment was made about Rohan that "they picked him up cheaply". Howcome only Hawks and Cats pick up good players cheaply. We seem to pay an arm and a leg for average players like Mayne.

Even when we do get a decent player like Treloar, and pay an unprecedented 2x first round picks, Caro is still at us for Gubby conspiring to create a dodgy deal on that one. Did she want to pay us 3 first rounders? I don't get it.

I think you might have forgotten about Roughhead cost us pick 75ish?

Must be in our best half a dozen players for the year...I think he is anyway.

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:58 pm

derkd wrote:

I think you might have forgotten about Roughhead cost us pick 75ish?

Must be in our best half a dozen players for the year...I think he is anyway.

Sure, Roughy's been great. Filled a role for us and his performance against Kennedy was awesome.
But I'll up you Mitch Lewis @ pick 76. We have Coxy on much more money and Lewis is putting Cox to shame.
Our late-round draft selections have been pretty ordinary lately. What we need is another Darren Millane. It's been 30years and no one has even come close to being a similar player.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:03 pm

Does anybody on this forum have the time to analyse the week-to-week mindless, negative, extreme mood swing commentary that the rest of us tolerate from our beloved Magpie brethren?
Could rename this forum "Magpies' chocolates to boiled lollies and back
again" roller coaster.
πŸ˜„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:27 pm

Coxy is possibly a victim of our own tactics, on top of his injury. Since his return and the loss of Stevo, he's been used to draw players to help JDG and Mihocek. While this worked well last week, it means he's playing a more stationary game and is easily hemmed in. Injury may have also hampered his fitness, making it seem more reasonable to use him this way.

He needs to be moving into space and making more runs up the ground to regain confidence. It could turn around very quickly for him, so I think we need to persevere, even though we struggle when Mihocek is held.

At the same time, JDG is understandably down on forward output given his duties up the ground, putting even more focus on Coxy. We need another dangerous forward; bugger Reid not being available as he would've given us cover at both ends.

Of course, nothing matters when you're that far off the boil in the midfield, but speaking of the forward line in isolation we're simply not dangerous enough at the moment, enabling the opposition to attack without due fear of being hurt the other way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: