Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is it too late to push for the flag in 2019?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you don't understand the problem, here's an illustration:
Over the last 4 seasons, we've brought the scores of sides we play down steadily.
In 2016 our average 'against' score was 90 points, not good!
in 2017 it came down to 89 points, better, and we were the only side that didn't lose a game by 45 or more.
In 2018 We got some real excitement with several guys making huge leaps, & we again brought oppo scores down, this time to an average of just 77 pts.
In 2019 it hasn't been quite as exciting after a great start, but we again brought opponents scores down to just 76... Thus far.

What hasn't been so great this year is our scoring. After averaging almost 100 points in the first 10 games, we've plummeted to an average of just 70 points. That's an average which won't win any finals. Worse, in the last 2 games we've been down nearly 50 points in the first half.our scoring isn't doing as well as our defence, going from an average of 86 pts in 2016, to 88 in 2017, 93 in 2018, but just 83 this year. As I said, we were going at 93 in the first 10 games, passing the ton in Half of them, but we haven't managed that since Rd.9

If we win all 4 of our remaining games we could make the top 4, but we need other results to go our way, and we just aren't playing anything LIKE well enough to win any finals. Apart from either side of the bye, we can't put 2 wins together, because we simply can't score.

and then there's the worst number of all...
We have an injury list with 19 names on it! incredibly 17 of those are regular first 22 guys, SEVENTEEN! thats 1 short of an entire on field complement! Will we keep calling it bad luck?

the next worst is 3 sides with 12 injuries, but of those only 5 or 6 are first 22 players. And then there's GCS with 13 names, 7 of whom are first 22 guys, that's less than HALF what we have!

And now we've lost our last real "X-Factor" forward, a guy who kicks a third of our goals

Hands up if you thought we'd have MORE injuries than last year?

But just bad luck right?

Unless we can find a way to kick close to 100 again, we will certainly see 2019 as yet another lost opportunity, and frankly I can't think of ANY way that could happen. Checkers is in great form, but he can't do it by himself, & frankly we don't LOOK like kicking a dozen.
Personally I would try someone at deep FF who hasnt really been a FF. The first names which spring to mind are Treloar, and Maynard. or a kid like young Tyler Brown. Sadly Bucks doesn't do that, he'll hope we can somehow just get way better. Will NOT happen. We need a miracle, & if we leave things as they are we will fail miserably.

If you're religious get on your knees, the rest of us? Cross fingers?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: