Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Tigers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

In: Matthew Scharenberg, Jamie Elliott, Josh Thomas, Josh Daicos

Out: Ben Crocker (Omitted), Brayden Sier (Injured), James Aish (Injured), Flynn Appleby (Omitted)

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:31 pm

^ Good ins Donny. Sad about Aish's injury. He's been so good all year.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:31 pm

I guess Daics has come in to play Sier's bullocking role. Shocked

In all seriousness, I like the changes. It's an injection of class. I guess I would have preferred the Sack to Scharenberg, but Schaz certainly deserves his spot after showing good form in the VFL, and he represents the future. I hope Thomas is over his injury problems and is able to rediscover his last year's form, which was great.

What we especially need now is for Cox, Mihocek and WHE to all fire together. If that happens, we win.

I like the team, and reckon we are only missing Moore, Greenwood, Aish and (a fit and desperate) Sier from our likely best possible finals line-up.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:39 pm

We've lost two defenders, yet only bring one in. (Great to see you back Schazz!!!).
Okay..... looks like Jack Crisp won't be going through the middle much then, but Josh Thomas will be???? A bit of a backward step I reckon.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:41 pm

i am not happy. I wanted Wills in, all the more reason to do so since Sier is out. I really don't like our combination when both Josh Daicos and Callum Brown are in the same team. It just lacks potency.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:43 pm

Wills should have come in for sure too many small forwards , JT better have a good one along with daicos.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:46 pm

in fact, i am livid, not just unhappy. The only way we can hope to win this game is to beat their mids. We've just lost a mid, and then don't replace him. Instead, we have a plethora of small forwards running around who will never see the ball if our mids get smashed. A totally incomprehensible selection decision, which I see as an even more decisive error than the one last week in selecting an undersize Appleby.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:46 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
i am not happy. I wanted Wills in, all the more reason to do so since Sier is out. I really don't like our combination when both Josh Daicos and Callum Brown are in the same team. It just lacks potency.

I agree MTTM. Either Wills in or another defender eg Goldy, so that Crisp could be released into the middle.

Would anyone know what Sier's injury is or were the selection committee trying to soften the blow for dropping him?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:51 pm

We have many midfield options in Pendles, JDG, Treloar, Sidey, Thomas, Daics, Philips, Crisp and possibly even Elliott.

I like the changes. The Tigers move the ball fast, so we have bought in some running players.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:53 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

What we especially need now is for Cox, Mihocek and WHE to all fire together. If that happens, we win.

I like the team, and reckon we are only missing Moore, Greenwood, Aish and (a fit and desperate) Sier from our likely best possible finals line-up.

What about Stephenson?
Anyway, I don't think your initial premise is correct. WHE, Mihocek and Cox can only fire if the midfield fires. Without that happening, they are pretty much next to helpless.
Omitting Sier and then not replacing him with another big midfield surely weakens the potential of our midfield to get on top of theirs.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:54 pm

Thomas has been recalled on the back of the same poor form line as Varcoe the week before.

We look a mobile defender short to me with Appleby more suited to playing against this Richmond forward line than against GWS and it's hard to see Crisp having the opportunity now to spend much time through the midfield unless we plan on using the likes of Adams and Varcoe across half back.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:55 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
in fact, i am livid, not just unhappy. The only way we can hope to win this game is to beat their mids. We've just lost a mid, and then don't replace him. Instead, we have a plethora of small forwards running around who will never see the ball if our mids get smashed. A totally incomprehensible selection decision, which I see as an even more decisive error than the one last week in selecting an undersize Appleby.

Yep, second week in a row I'm shaking my head and thinking WTF??
Last time they played seniors, neither Josh was very useful.
Rudeboy, we don't even get pace with the two Josh inclusions, just small. Crying or Very sad
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:00 pm

Maybe Thomas had been carrying an injury for a month? What has Sier been carrying? Maybe we have injected in 4 fit players...
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:00 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Thomas has been recalled on the back of the same poor form line as Varcoe the week before.

We look a mobile defender short to me with Appleby more suited to playing against this Richmond forward line than against GWS and it's hard to see Crisp having the opportunity now to spend much time through the midfield unless we plan on using the likes of Adams and Varcoe across half back.

Yep, agree. I'm wondering if the selection committee is aiming to be so unorthodox, hoping we'll catch Richmond (or someone) unawares. Weird, just weird.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 pm

Cam wrote:
Maybe Thomas had been carrying an injury for a month? What has Sier been carrying? Maybe we have injected in 4 fit players...

They may (or may not) be fit Cam, but only one of them has any decent block of form. Aaah well, better get in a second bottle of red for tomorrow night. Wink

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: