Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Tigers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon we'll do this mob. Pies by 17 points!
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:29 pm

E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
K wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
As Collingwood supporters we need to face the reality that injuries are crippling us, it's a valid reason not an excuse for our indifferent form and we have been to harsh on our coach and players of late.

The club, which does include coaches and players, is responsible for its own injury profile. Luck matters, but no one so far has expressed belief that bad luck continues uninterrupted for 8 years or said which of the past 8 years was a good one for injuries.

I have said while back, that our entire fitness dept should be sacked, dismissed, and get a whole new fitness regime. lIke this injury shit has been going on for years, years, cost us a flag last season, may cost us one this year. Like, Moore, why does he get so many soft tissues ???? and there are others, we get one player back, lose two more. Enough is enough, sack them all, just bloody useless, really. Surprised Confused

i think i've addressed the Moore issue ad nauseum. We did sack the fitness department. At least the fitness department that caused Freeman and Moore to be in situations where their careers could be jeopordized by a "hamstring off the bone" injury. Go back to Moore's first ever reserves game for us and see what happened to him.

We did crazy pre-season's back then (with lots of running in high altitude). the thinking was, if it works for endurance athletes, it should work for footy players. The problem is that footy requires burst speed (not to mention lateral movement) as well as endurance so simply doing marathon style training is actually dangerous. The body becomes fit, but is fatigued, AND more importantly is trained to function at one speed and in one direction.

Then they move onto footy and ask them to sprint at top speed.

Any serious marathon runner will tell you that in the serious part of their training cycle they would avoid lateral movement and burst speed efforts as their body isnt capable of coping with it.

Result. Hamstring torn off the bone!!!

Fortunately, we are smarter than that now!

What qualifications do you have in medicine, physio etc? I’m just trying to work out how many grains of salt I should take with your diagnosis / prognosis.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:59 pm

Sier must be in some trouble.

Only averaging 63% game time across his 5 completed games this season while his disposal average has dropped to only 12 in his last 3 games compared to 21.5 in his first 2. Average tackle numbers have also halved to 3 compared to 6.5 in his first 2 matches.

If we omit him then the most obvious decision could be to move Crisp to a permanent midfield role and look to strengthen the defence in his absence with both Scharenberg and Goldsack in contention to come in.

The other is to provide Wills another opportunity and this time not look to shoehorn him into the side within a half forward role with stints in the middle.

If he's in then he needs to be our No.1 battling ram around the stoppages and in a position to make best use of his size and tackling pressure.

Tyler Brown would be another option to replace Sier.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:18 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Sier must be in some trouble.

Only averaging 63% game time across his 5 completed games this season while his disposal average has dropped to only 12 in his last 3 games compared to 21.5 in his first 2. Average tackle numbers have also halved to 3 compared to 6.5 in his first 2 matches.

If we omit him then the most obvious decision could be to move Crisp to a permanent midfield role and look to strengthen the defence in his absence with both Scharenberg and Goldsack in contention to come in.

The other is to provide Wills another opportunity and this time not look to shoehorn him into the side within a half forward role with stints in the middle.

If he's in then he needs to be our No.1 battling ram around the stoppages and in a position to make best use of his size and tackling pressure.

Tyler Brown would be another option to replace Sier.

Couldn’t agree more Swoop. I just posted the same thing in the GWS post game thread re Wills vs Sier ( 2019 versions )
Let Sier rack up 30 plus in the VFL for a month and show everyone how much he really wants it. At least Wills will run out the game.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:38 pm

I reckon Tyler Brown is a Monty to replace the Panda bear.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:49 am

This will be the game that makes the people believe in the Bear again. You can't replace him with a stick. Richmond would eat Browny Jnr Jnr for breakfast.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:17 am

^ Why are they eating breakfast so late?
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:49 am

Cam wrote:
2018 - Hoskin-Elliott 42, Thomas 28
2019 to date Hoskin-Elliott 12, Thomas 12

Thomas kicked 38 last year, not 28. Mind you they both played all 26 games i.e. no (significant) injuries. The other bloke who should be mentioned in the same breath is Stevo who also played every game last year for 38 goals and is currently marooned on 21 from 12 games.

Last year H&A we scored an average of 2046 points from 22 games or 93ppg. This year we're sitting on 1439/17=85ppg - so we're talking about 1 goal a game difference. Meanwhile our PA is almost identical. Hence our percentage (which as everyone knows, doesn't matter) is a bit lower (112% vs. 120).

Currently we're in 4th and our winning % is 11/17=65% against finishing 3rd with 15/22=68% in 2018. So while it sounds bad to be 'missing' the combined 118 goals kicked by the aforementioned 3 players, it hasn't actually affected us much so far (Cox, Elliot and Brown have all picked up)

Enough with the stats. What matters and will make us or break us is the next 5 games

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:49 am

Cam wrote:
This will be the game that makes the people believe in the Bear again. You can't replace him with a stick. Richmond would eat Browny Jnr Jnr for breakfast.

Agree Mr Cam- Sier is due for a big game and they get no bigger than this one. Tyler Brown's a really strong preseason away from a meaningful senior career.

Floreat Pica

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:28 am

Unfortunately we've gone back to 2014-2017 habit of multiple players collapsing around the ball in the mid field when we attempt to tackle in a contested ball situation and the opposition tap or handball to one of the their players left unattended and they are able to clear the ball and drive it forward. This needs to be fixed asap. I don't think we've got the players on the park or the form to replicate the match earlier in the season or the 2018 prelim, so I think if we try to replicate those games we are stuffed and will need to be flexible if that plan clearly isn't working. I hope I'm wrong but we may see a return to either 2017 where they smashed us or 2018 regular season where we kept up with them only to be overrun in the last quarter (usually due to lack of rotations).
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:21 am

I think people worry too much about who is “missing” from the round 2 game. That was our away match, so I expect that the home ground advantage for us will be the difference, this time.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:03 pm

Ironically enough dropping Appleby for this weeks opposition might be the wrong call on him again.

While Riewoldt and Lynch will grab all the attention Richmond have a number of small and quick indigenous forwards in Rioli, Stack and Bolton as well as other nimble types in Castagna, Lambert and Baker.

With Greenwood and Noble unavailable replacing the injured Aish and omitting another medium defender in Appleby doesn't make a lot of sense if Scharenberg is the only recognised defender to come in.

I'd bring in Scharenberg for Aish and retain Appleby if Goldsack isn't considered.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:05 pm

I heard Cox will wear at least one glove for this match to help with his marking....see if it works
uncanny 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:29 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
I heard Cox will wear at least one glove for this match to help with his marking....see if it works

For better or worse our fortunes rest largely in big Mason's hands and feet. He can do the miraculous then follow it up with butchering a simple chest mark.
If he's on it will mean the mid field are creating chances. Our first quarter was below par last week (Pendle's fumble which led to a goal says it all) but apart from that we stayed with them for the rest of the match. And a win over in Perth the week before aint half bad.. Roughead for Lynch. Goldsack in to look after Jack R and be the tough general down there. Need to retain Sier and tell him to produce in a big game. Scharenburg in for Aish. Hopefully Elliott comes in and provides the spark and running that has been sorely lacking since Stevo was sin binned. What a win it would be. We are a big chance to bounce back and take the chocolates. But only if they take the game on like they did last year.They have been much "safer" this year. Now or never to stay top 4 so leave nothing out there thanks.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:42 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:

the Q stick's old one ? i would go with clokey's old one against GWS. Wink

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: