Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Dons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Its it a Steele Sidebottom or a Playdough Testicle?
Pie as a Kite 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:34 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Lots of valid opinions now that Sidey is out.
Wells.
Goldsack.
Daicos.
T. Brown.

I can't see the logic of them playing Tyler Brown for his debut game now. They did something similar with Kirby a couple of years ago, but that was when we knew we were missing finals, so there was nothing to lose but something to gain.
If T Brown were to play, that could only mean we thought he was a chance to be an advantage for us during finals, which makes no sense for an untried first/second gamer when there are other known, experienced players who could come in instead. It would be feel-good for Brown to get a game, but it makes no sense in the context of finals.

Surely you'd go for a known quantity, which would be either Daicos (young with some experience) or Wells or Goldsack (senior with plenty of experience, albeit questions over form/resilience).
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:44 pm

Wells in, Sidebum out (testicular torsion)
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:16 am

Wells goes forward
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:49 am

Presti35 wrote:
Geez thats bad news, but he'll only miss one week.

So we have one forced change.

Steele Sidebottom - Nut (1 week)

Tyler Brown may get a debut.

Footy Gods: "WE've been kicking them in the nuts for years now, it's been hilarious but they won't seem to lie down!?!

Let's make it literally this time LOL!!"

end quote
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:03 am

Pie as a Kite wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Lots of valid opinions now that Sidey is out.
Wells.
Goldsack.
Daicos.
T. Brown.

I can't see the logic of them playing Tyler Brown for his debut game now. They did something similar with Kirby a couple of years ago, but that was when we knew we were missing finals, so there was nothing to lose but something to gain.
If T Brown were to play, that could only mean we thought he was a chance to be an advantage for us during finals, which makes no sense for an untried first/second gamer when there are other known, experienced players who could come in instead. It would be feel-good for Brown to get a game, but it makes no sense in the context of finals.

Surely you'd go for a known quantity, which would be either Daicos (young with some experience) or Wells or Goldsack (senior with plenty of experience, albeit questions over form/resilience).

REally no need to play Wells since would be a better option to play him VFL, nothing at stake and can manage his game time and intensity.
So yeah prob Daics, or crocker who I actually thought showed promise in recent games.
You're prob right re Tyler but history shows that bringing in debutants in finals can be spectacularly successful. Element of surprise perhaps.

WASn't it Barrassi who busted our balls in 70 grannie with a new player?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:14 am

Hopkins played 20 games in 1970. He played against us 4 times that year. In the two home and away games, he kicked no goals. In the second-semi, he kicked 2 goals. In the GF, he kicked 4 goals. In his entire career, he kicked 10.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:02 am

I think it now becomes pretty clear that it'll be Moore in Sidebottom out, Noble to the wing in place of Sidey and run with Shaz on a HBF with Madgen and Moore, FB and CHB respectively.
spirit-of-alby 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:13 am

Boogie Knights wrote:
I think it now becomes pretty clear that it'll be Moore in Sidebottom out, Noble to the wing in place of Sidey and run with Shaz on a HBF with Madgen and Moore, FB and CHB respectively.

Agree almost entirely...apart from maybe Crisp on the wing rather than Noble...but one or the other

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:45 am

Philips can step up, he has the tank to cover the ground like Sidey does. He's proven in the past he's fully capable of the role. Time to step up, son!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:58 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Phillips can step up...he has the tank like Sidey.

These posts make so much sense. Agree with Noble and Phillips to cover Sidey's role.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:58 pm

bokka wrote:
David wrote:
bokka wrote:
I like to see this

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-20/lions-ready-to-smash-106year-hoodoo-says-zorko

Wow. This doesn't sound promising:

Quote:
Haven't won at the MCG since 2014

Could work either way I guess, ie if a hoodoo plays on players' minds during the game.
But they have broken a lot of hoodoos this year so have effectively broken the hoodoo hoodoo so to speak, so hopefully this (no minor pship since 1913 and no win at the G since 2014) will be a strong motivator.
Especially it would be good for them to get a win on the G now and break that particular hoodoo before finals. Apart from this I was wondering where their motivation woudl come from, it's close to a dead rubber for them, just a choice between 1st and 2nd most likely.

I wouldn't call not winning at the G since 2014 a hoodoo - after all, how many times would've they played there and against whom? Richmond, Collingwood mostly.

As for it being close to a dead rubber: disagree, if they lose and cats win and WCE win well against Hawthorn (highly probable imo) then lions could finish 3rd and be facing wce in perth - they'll be out to avoid that. The only caveat is that wce plays first so lions will know the equation by sunday (ie. if a close loss is acceptable)

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:13 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Boogie Knights wrote:

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Phillips can step up...he has the tank like Sidey.

These posts make so much sense. Agree with Noble and Phillips to cover Sidey's role.

+1
K 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:53 pm

Wayne Carey:

Collingwood and Essendon are just making up the numbers in finals

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-and-essendon-are-just-making-up-the-numbers-in-finals-20190822-p52jra.html

"Clubs never like to admit it, but injury can be an excuse.

Having said that, there are several reasons I don't believe either of these teams is a genuine premiership threat.

Likewise, Collingwood might be spruiking a return to form in recent weeks, but in reality they've only beaten Gold Coast, plus Melbourne and Adelaide, who are perhaps the worst-performing teams at the moment, outside of the Suns.

So, what does all that mean for Friday night's contest? It might be a lot closer than many people are predicting. But will this clash provide any meaningful insight into what will unfold in September? I don't think so."
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:01 pm

K wrote:
Wayne Carey:

Collingwood and Essendon are just making up the numbers in finals

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-and-essendon-are-just-making-up-the-numbers-in-finals-20190822-p52jra.html

"Clubs never like to admit it, but injury can be an excuse.

Having said that, there are several reasons I don't believe either of these teams is a genuine premiership threat.

Likewise, Collingwood might be spruiking a return to form in recent weeks, but in reality they've only beaten Gold Coast, plus Melbourne and Adelaide, who are perhaps the worst-performing teams at the moment, outside of the Suns.

So, what does all that mean for Friday night's contest? It might be a lot closer than many people are predicting. But will this clash provide any meaningful insight into what will unfold in September? I don't think so."

I like Carey as a commentator, so respect his opinion. But I have noticed that his predictions are not always accurate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: