Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Justin Longmuir

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I haven’t been observing news prior to sacking I did hear the club were keen on a Fremantle person to bring the club together —-much like Teague

Could Saints feel simalar and get an ex Saint—-Rob Harvey as Ratten seems like warm on full time

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:07 pm

DAMN Damn Damn Damn Damn, & an equal number of sh**s & fu**'s!!

Well it was fun while it lasted. This has been my great fear all season. I've had a couple of chats with Justin this season, though NOT about this particular matter, and it's my opinion that this is a wonderful young man of great character & talent. His knowledge of the game & getting the best out of guys is exceptional & frankly I'd hoped he'd take the whistle at the conclusion of the Buckley tenure.

I'd also hoped that Rossy would retain the interest of Free-oh until the lactating bovines returned to their regular domicile.
No such luck. He'll almost certainly be offered the Freo job, & I can't see him passing up a return to his home & the side he served so well. Only 2 years here in Melbourne (Yes, I have moved back to my hometown so I can go to our games - And the small matter of a 10 week old grandson who WILL play CHF or FF for us, despite the wishes of his StK loving dad, stuff him!)
means he's unlikely to be SO attached to the place he don't wanna go back to crappy old Freo, plus he's an old married man so the nightlife won't hold him.

Perhaps if EVERY magpie fan writes letters to Pete Bell extolling the virtues of the great Peter Sumich, probably the most exciting new coaching talent since Jock Almighty. (They're Sandies, they'll believe it!, just don't mention the magpie fan bit!)

Last year I became convinced that Longmuir was the catalyst for halting our annual decline, & beginning our rise. In fact after the Footscray JLT game I tipped us to finish 2018 as runners-up on here (I've been trying to find it in the archives- any tips mods?). Back in March I tipped us finish 2019 with the silverware, unless the injury curse kicked in again.
And it did.
We are still in the race of course, though I don't have the same feeling I did in
2018. Just as I didn't have the same feeling in 2012 that I did in 2010-11 I truly hope I'm wrong, but I don't see us going to the big dance this year. Even though we only need to win our next 3 games to get there. If we could kick 18 every week I'd bet the farm on us, but we've been too patchy these last weeks.
Anyway, I do hope the club will offer JL huge money to stay, plus the coaches box when Bucks decided to chuck it in.

Just don't call it a 'succession'

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:12 am

People come people go.

We will be fine...whatever.

Go Pies!
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:12 am

People come people go.

We will be fine...whatever.

Go Pies!

tried to delete this double post...can't find the 'delete' feature. sorry.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:47 pm

Skids wrote:
Clarksons house over here has been completed.

What house?

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:52 pm

If he goes to better himself as a senior coach I hope his legacy is a continued success from the foundation he laid with our backs

They I will hope carry his experienced input with them in years to come

K 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:10 am

Freo favourite Longmuir met with Saints

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/freo-favourite-longmuir-met-with-saints-20190823-p52k5g.html

"Longmuir and fellow Magpies assistant Robert Harvey have both been spoken to by St Kilda...

The Age understands the Saints panel met Longmuir earlier this month, while Harvey has remained in contact with St Kilda as recently as this week, meeting Lethlean in public in the lead-up to round 23."
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:22 am

I didn't want us to lose Benny Hart. Saw him the other night on TV, rather glum, in the Crows box. Sometimes to get something better, you need to give up something good. Whatever happens, we'll be ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: