Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What happened just before the bounce last Friday night

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:49 am
Post subject: What happened just before the bounce last Friday nightReply with quote

Anecdote time ...so I had just got home with a few minutes to spare before the Collingwood v Essendon match was to start. My partner (an Essendon supporter) cleans a spill on the floor but ran out of paper towel so she went to get a towel from the bathroom to mop up the puddle without warning me that the floor was wet. She figured she'd be back in the kitchen before I would go in there. Within that thirty second period I ran to get some socks off the clothes horse as the game was seconds away from starting. Long story short, I slipped and cracked my head open and ended up with a nasty concussion and spent the night in emergency at the hospital.

Before anybody jokes about her doing this on purpose (hahaha) we'd agreed prior to the game that Collingwood needed to win and there wasn't anything in it for Essendon to win so she was barracking for us (sweet girl).

Word to the wise. Be willing to miss the bounce or you might just miss the entire game. Very Happy

Last edited by SwansWay on Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope all is well. This would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious.
Can I ask, did your partner happen to have an IPhone pointed in your direction as you entered the room and then went sliding across the floor?
Did she then burst out laughing and say "I just gotta go upload something before I take you to the hospital".
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:07 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
I hope all is well. This would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious.
Can I ask, did your partner happen to have an IPhone pointed in your direction as you entered the room and then went sliding across the floor?
Did she then burst out laughing and say "I just gotta go upload something before I take you to the hospital".

I actually wish there was footage so I could remember how it went down Laughing and get a million hits on YouTube.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:29 pm

My sympathies, that hurts! Stay out the kitchen before games, that’s her job!
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:54 pm

I had a similar, but far less serious occurrence...

As I always do before the footy, I have Pies in the oven to be ready for the opening bounce. On this occasion, being a little late home from work, I didn't have as much time as normal and rushed to get them ready in time. I always like to take the first bite as the initial siren blasts. Given there wasn't as much time, the Pies had not sufficiently cooled down by this time and I burnt the roof of my mouth.

Moral of the story (to you Mr Scott) - be careful of hot Pies on a Friday night.

PS. I am anticipating being a little late home from work on Friday week also.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:03 pm

Was this you, BK? Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVdon3haN2Y

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: