Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood v. Geelong VFL scratch match

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know if Aish played
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:47 pm

Aish played.
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:17 am

A guy I work with went to the game. He said aish and Reid were pretty good. Wells didn’t do a lot. Varcoe played from full forward like Elliot does and was ok.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:21 am

David wrote:
Surprised not one single person seems to have gone along to watch – unless it was a closed session! But why would a scratch match involving rival clubs be held privately? What could there possibly be to hide?

Reidy was sporting a leg transplant while wheeling around a drip stand of goat's blood supplied by Müller-Wohlfahrt. To avoid awkward questions, a pair of Pat Cummins' Ashes trousers are being flown in for the prelim. That should do the trick, although I still worry about the blood rule.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:44 am

Well from this “hidden stanza” come,s the JDG and Levi replacements into the squad of 26

Aish can play multiple roles. Wing or back (and courageous at both)

Not hanging my hat on Reid just yet

The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:55 am

GDay All

I went along and watched my thoughts are

Travis Varcoe did a couple of nice run downs kicked a goal but was not in anyway stand out, to be honest I thought he looked not very interested.
Wells played a fair bit forward and looked very proppy but sublime with his use as always but looked a long way off.
Scharenberg looked good as did Aish and you would think either or both might get a call up.
Sier & Daicos did not do any harm to the reputations and are options.
Reid looked reasonably good marked well but kicked like Reidy does but did not hurt his claim.
Apples played the whole game as did Broomie, I actually thought Broomie was our best.
Madgen did not play as he must have been the carry over emergency which means to me he will be in the mix.
Goldie played ok but it would be a bolt from the blue for him to be considered
Not sure who was number 63 but he kicked a couple and I think we only kicked 5 or 6. Is Wilson 48!
Also Lynch was better than he was against Box Hill and against Buzza and the ex Gold Coast Ruckman Smith! our second ruck was the Blonde Irishman who spent most of the time full forward and appears to be a project forward.

I was disappointed that the Red Headed Irish Defender did not play as I think he really has size and a future.

I hope this helps,

my two bobs worth is the Varcoe and Scharenberg/ Aish get the call up but Madgen may push given he would release Roughie forward as I think we needed another tall option in the second half plus some type of chop out for the Brodies.

Floreat Pica

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:00 am

Thanks so much for that report, TAT – you’re doing the Lord’s work. Mr. Green
The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:06 am

David wrote:
Thanks so much for that report, TAT – you’re doing the Lord’s work. Mr. Green

Your welcome this retired life is fantastic, I have given up my 3 piece suit for double denim and black tee shirt

I will be at the Holden Centre next week for training probably Thursday!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:47 pm

Thanks for TAT......much appreciated. Cool
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:34 pm

Great to get these reports.
My question is (0r are...) did Reid look proppy?
Did he move freely, look strong, have confidence in his body? Did he take any big knocks and did he take them OK, ie recover fully and reasonably quickly?
I have full confidence that Reid can fill the role well, he doesn't have to get a lot of possies or scores although that woudl be good obviously, just fill the structural role cannily.

My only concern is his chances of staying out there for 2 games. I'd definitely risk it anyway but any extra info is helpful - but helpful for what?.. I doubt anything we think or say here makes the slightest difference to selection but whatever! lt's part of the entertainment and we the public and our interest/obsession with footy are what ultimately pay for and make possible the whole of AFL. so we get to play armchair coaches and screw anyone who doesn't like it!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:18 pm

bokka wrote:
Did he move freely, look strong, have confidence in his body? Did he take any big knocks and did he take them OK, ie recover fully and reasonably quickly?
I have full confidence that Reid can fill the role well, he doesn't have to get a lot of possies or scores although that woudl be good obviously, just fill the structural role cannily.

My only concern is his chances of staying out there for 2 games. I'd definitely risk it anyway but any extra info is helpful - but helpful for what?.. I doubt anything we think or say here makes the slightest difference to selection but whatever! lt's part of the entertainment and we the public and our interest/obsession with footy are what ultimately pay for and make possible the whole of AFL. so we get to play armchair coaches and screw anyone who doesn't like it!

Reid only needs to stay out there for one game. Win that one, and then we can see if JDG is available as well as access how Reid played in the Prelim.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:36 pm

That is awesome TAT.

Sounds like Varcoe, 'Berg, Aish and Reid are the most likely to get a game. With Sier and Daicos after those 4. And Madgen to be considered as a shut down defender if needed.

Sounds like Wells wont be getting the fairytale, which is sad.

The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:37 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
bokka wrote:

Reid only needs to stay out there for one game. Win that one, and then we can see if JDG is available as well as access how Reid played in the Prelim.

The game was bruise free, but I am now doubting what I saw as on one of the Facebook sights someone said he kicked 5 goals!

I thought we only kicked 6 (maximum 7) and 63 kicked 2 and Varcoe kicked 1

The other player I wanted to mention was Murphy it is a great pity he did not get on the park for long enough this season. He looks a real talent with some size.

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:01 am

The Average Tourist wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
bokka wrote:

The game was bruise free, but I am now doubting what I saw as on one of the Facebook sights someone said he kicked 5 goals!

I thought we only kicked 6 (maximum 7) and 63 kicked 2 and Varcoe kicked 1

The other player I wanted to mention was Murphy it is a great pity he did not get on the park for long enough this season. He looks a real talent with some size.

Think Sier is ready?
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:03 am

Forget Sier, he will not be taking any part in the rest of this campaign.

Based on his form, he adds nothing to our team & Wills has overtaken him for the role he plays

2020 he can have another crack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: