Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood v. Geelong VFL scratch match

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Average Tourist wrote:

The game was bruise free, but I am now doubting what I saw as on one of the Facebook sights someone said he kicked 5 goals!

I thought he kicked 14 goals, before being rested in the last quarter. Cool
Lutts 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:14 pm

I think it was a good idea to have this scratch match, even though it may have been bruise free. Keep the depth players fit and ready.
So what about this weekend.
Richmond VFL are playing.
Brisbane NEAFL are playing.
Perth got kicked out last week, but as the seniors are still in with a chance, would they consider bringing their ressies over with their seniors for the game with Geelong, and have a scratch match with our ressies.
GWS ressies got kicked out. GWS seniors playing against Lions at Gabba. Would we consider taking our ressies up to Brisbane, GWS take their ressies as well and have a game.
Would Geelong want another scratch match?

The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:20 am

bokka wrote:
The Average Tourist wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
bokka wrote:
Great to get these reports.
My question is (0r are...) did Reid look proppy?
Did he move freely, look strong, have confidence in his body? Did he take any big knocks and did he take them OK, ie recover fully and reasonably quickly?
I have full confidence that Reid can fill the role well, he doesn't have to get a lot of possies or scores although that woudl be good obviously, just fill the structural role cannily.

My only concern is his chances of staying out there for 2 games. I'd definitely risk it anyway but any extra info is helpful - but helpful for what?.. I doubt anything we think or say here makes the slightest difference to selection but whatever! lt's part of the entertainment and we the public and our interest/obsession with footy are what ultimately pay for and make possible the whole of AFL. so we get to play armchair coaches and screw anyone who doesn't like it!

Reid only needs to stay out there for one game. Win that one, and then we can see if JDG is available as well as access how Reid played in the Prelim.

The game was bruise free, but I am now doubting what I saw as on one of the Facebook sights someone said he kicked 5 goals!

I thought we only kicked 6 (maximum 7) and 63 kicked 2 and Varcoe kicked 1

The other player I wanted to mention was Murphy it is a great pity he did not get on the park for long enough this season. He looks a real talent with some size.

Think Sier is ready?

He would have to be in the mix, sorry new at this but Tytler Brown did some nice stuff but please lets blood him in round 3 next year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: