Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Remaining FAs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ I think Collingwood is quite happy with its list, generally.

I disagree. I would be shocked if any team that didn’t win he flag will be happy with its list. You have to constantly improve your list or else you could be very easily left behind by the clubs that did do this. To me list management has now become extremely flexible with decisions required almost weekly to keep your head above the water.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ I think Collingwood is quite happy with its list, generally, and expects to see substantial improvement from a raft of good quality kids that we haven't really seen (Quaynor, Tyler Brown, Daicos, Kelly, Murphy, Bosenavulagi etc). With some more footy from Beams, Langdon, Adams, Sier, Elliott and Cox next year, there's probably considerable natural growth in the team.

I thought we might quite like another "spare parts" tall like Roughead to add a bit of depth, hence my thought about Henderson.

I also think Collingwood are happy where they are at. But I thought a bit of addition to our talls/depth would be important.

There's hardly any gamebreakers available, but I thought we'd have a peak. Maybe we did and thought.... yeah, nah.

For mine: (Upgraded from a few pages back)

Minor interest:
Harley Bennell (A-grader when fit, not linked to Collingwood)
Nick Robertson (Tough and aggressive. We lack a bit of that. Helps cover Greenwood injury as a tagger)
Mitch Brown (Tall, mobile and very fit. Age 29. FF option/depth)
Ben Keays (Medium-Forward, 22 years old)

Would list Jack Martin, but I'm sure he will end up at Carlton via the PSD. Sam Gray would be a good pick up too, but Sydney bound.

Extremely Minor Interest, So minor, it's really a Yeah-Nar:
Dale Thomas (Not essential, but helps cover the loss of Greenwood)
Matthew Broadbent (Not essential, but helps cover the loss of Greenwood)
Lachie Henderson (Feel like its over for him, Brown a better option imo)
Stretch/Kennedy-Harris (Just would love to see an ex-Dee do well for the Pies)

Rookie List Maybes:
Cody Hirst
Tom Jok

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:41 pm

We won't take any De-Listed Free Agents
K 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:47 pm

Presti35 wrote:

For mine: (Upgraded from a few pages back)

Minor interest:
Mitch Brown (Tall, mobile and very fit. Age 29. FF option/depth)

P16 can give us the inside scoop on him.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:19 pm

Born to Pie wrote:
Daniel Menzel has been delisted by the Swans.

No surprise. Too slow for the modern game.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:57 am

Lazza wrote:

I would be shocked if any team that didn’t win he flag will be happy with its list.

I guess that depends why they feel they didn’t win the flag. If we had Cox, Beams, Langdon & DeGoey all fit and firing that would improve our list

[quote=“Lazza”]You have to constantly improve your list or else you could be very easily left behind by the clubs that did do this.[/quote]

The question in the context of this thread is does adding someone who played single digit games over the last 2-4 years and is in search of their 2nd, 3rd or 4th club actually improve your list or not. Do we want to repeat the Wells/Beams experiments again? Did they improve our list in reality?

I think you have to consider our record over the last 2–3 years too. We’re not a St Kilda, North or Melbourne who need a radical improvement IMO. Consistency and internal growth would do it. Of course adding another gun or serviceable backup wouldn’t hurt but I’m not seeing too many FAs who meet that criteria

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:14 am

For mine, we either have something up our sleeves in the short term future [ie two years or less] to solve our forward line lack of target, or we are in the belief that we can get it done with Coxy, Checkers and this 1 game ex-Swan.

Just don't know what to think at the moment. But we *seem* to be a bit stagnant on this front, may not be true of course.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Those players are all very underwhelming
List improvement is vital but doubt they add much to us Bennell excepted and he far too injury prone
Buzza has eye problems apparently

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:19 pm

neil wrote:
Those players are all very underwhelming
List improvement is vital but doubt they add much to us Bennell excepted and he far too injury prone
Buzza has eye problems apparently

Yeah but you're not going to find a superstar in the DFA pool. I'm just looking for depth, gap fillers, low wage players and someone that can offer something if needed.

Mitch Brown as a KPP depth player makes sense for me. Not going to win a Coleman, or a B&F, or anything like that. Probably wouldn't play a heap of games. But can come in a do a job if required. I feel like we're going to give Lynch his chance in 2020, so the club may feel that we've already got what we need. I'm just looking for that extra insurance.

Buzza has gone to Port.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:38 am

K wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P16

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:05 pm

Presti35 wrote:
K wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P16

Ahh, I think K has worked out that I know him personally. His dad is my long time best mate. The last I heard the bombers were going to offer him a one year deal and it’s obviously fallen through. I haven’t spoken to the family since his delisting. It will still be raw. As a free agent, GCS and GWS made enquiries but he didn’t want to leave the state ( and thought the bombers would re sign at that stage )
Collingwood has been interested in him twice in his career, once when he was at Geelong but Balmey didn’t rate him “ highly enough “ . The second time we were interested was after he was cut from the Cats and had that great year in the VFL. We should have taken him then before the Bombers pounced. He would have been very handy. He’s a ripping kid and endurance and reading the play is his strength but asking his banged up body to do continual crash and bash is not his one wood.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:14 pm

I say go for him.

Ready to go if needed, lower pay, fills KPP depth, no injury issues, 21 goals in 2019....

Sure, he'll be behind Mihocek and Cox, but what a fkn great depth option!

Younger and fitter than Jenkins and way better than Buzza.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:20 pm

If he'd come as a depth option i wouldn't say no. Plays the same game style as checkers but taller, having experienced depth in the VFL to act as role models and on field coaches is good for development and our young KPP need development.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:25 pm

There's quite a few kids well worth looking at, I'm devoed about Crocs, I love a kid whose been a lifelong pies tragic, but I sorta get it, well, if they have players in mind, but I don't see who we're likely to get who would be an exciting pick up. Last season we had Izzy, Kelly & Boz to look forward to, then Beamer & Roughy after the rookies. this season we have... Shit, not much! Our first pick is about 753. Not that we can't pick up a champion way down the list, see our last Brownlow winner, but still. Other clubs are heavily excited about their draft prospects, or pickups from other clubs, I hate that!

But there's one guy I'd LOVE to see at our joint for a coupla years. I know I'll get abuse for even thinking it, & a couple of you already know who I mean.
Yes, a guy who Lee Matthews once, not that long ago, called "arguably the best player in the game". A guy who is a premiership player, & was voted player of the finals series last time we won a flag. He was our most beloved player while he was with us, but moved to a club where he's hardly missed a game, & been among their best every week the last couple of years, finishing his tenure with 150FF points in his last game. He's incredibly fit, extremely talented & we could get him for almost nothing. He would also play better than any kid we pick up in the draft, guaranteed.
So Why on Earth are we not jumping on the incredibly talented Dale Thomas?
It would be criminal to leave him because He didn't get on with Buckley. Beamer came back, he left for the same reason. And both are old enough to be over such silliness. No doubt.
He's also extremely good for the mood & morale among the boys, many of whom are still close friends. He would lift us in 2020, I'd bet my House on it.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:08 pm

In all seriousness, I don't see a single guy on the list more "ready to go" in R1 2020 than Daisy. You don't forget an extremely good player because you didnt like how he left, especially when you don't know the actual story.
The fact is that in his last season he was in great form, regularly on the 'best' list, & I do believe he could only be 'serviceable' to Carlton, who never treated him well. He basically followed a man who had become a father figure to the kid from the bush, & they dumped that man the next year in sad circumstances. Since then no one could doubt his commitment & determination, he became one of their top defenders, but Dale was never a defender. One only need remember 2010/11. He was as exciting a player as we had in the most exciting Pies side I ever saw.
And his fitness is undoubted. He's said he's fitter than 5 years ago. Dumb to let him go. If he's not in our best against the filth, BOTH times, I'll eat sh*t & die!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: